Official Game of Thrones Season 4 Thread *The North Remembers*(NO SPOILERS!!)

Jax

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#Targset,#Heatgang,#Byrdgang
deleted it and all subsequent spoiler arguments.

If it hasn't happened on the show and you got info from some other source its a spoiler. doesn't matter the source, if it hasnt aired then it doesnt need to be discussed in this thread. we have a spoiler thread where thats all welcomed

use the snitch links brehs, calling someone out for a spoiler just derails the thread. it shows us how many people have reported a post, so if 5 people report the same post its likely to get deleted quicker
ivNvEhAXsoV2f.png
finally someone that cares about us non book readers.
Might I had, if someone has a theory(like any other tv watching person) and someone comes here to confirm it, it is a spoiler too. Should get the :ufdup: from this thread also.

Malik

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV | Philly
Ain't nobody want Stannis on the throne :mjlol:

Nobody would be getting any favors as long as dude was King.

:mjlol: at whoever said Stannis would have the realm eating raw onions and seagull soup to pay back The Iron Bank. During Robert's Rebellion, Stannis ate rats and soup that he made from books. Gross.

Daps
Melisandre was trying to prove the power of "kings blood," I forgot to emphasize that point. Committing adultery for the Lord of Light is a little easier of a pill to swallow for Stannis that the mortal sin of kinslaying. So yes, the leeches were the only way to convince Stannis to murder his blood relative.

Stannis was not there to see the shadow baby. He was sort of in denial that he was responsible for Renly's death. Killing Renly got him no closer to the throne, once again Melisandre was trying to prove to him that burning Gendry would be the only way.

Factually incorrect. Melisandre was trying to prove a point, thats it. If the leeches were meant to win the war then why would she continue to stress the necessity of burning Gendry?

Melisandre is the one that needs to repent for her sins. The leech trick is treasonous in my mind. She lied to the one true King of the Andals, the First Men, and the Rhoyner. Stannis would have her beheaded if he found out the truth. Davos should have dropped some logic on him on some "so Stannis, if leech blood is enough to kill a man then how come Melisandre doesn't just kill Tywin, Tommen, Myrcella, Cersei, Jaime, and Mace Tyrell then march into Westeros 4000 strong and take the city?"

Because killing those three people wasn't gonna win a war, they still needed Gendry.

Like I asked before: she couldn't 'prove the power of the Lord of Light' without killing three guys who's death helps the enemy?

And he did believe. He may not have seen the shadow baby, but he knew the Lord of Light was responsible for Renly's death. More confident in that than Robb or Joffery's death

raff

Rookie
Daps
Ain't nobody want Stannis on the throne :mjlol:

Nobody would be getting any favors as long as dude was King.

:mjlol: at whoever said Stannis would have the realm eating raw onions and seagull soup to pay back The Iron Bank. During Robert's Rebellion, Stannis ate rats and soup that he made from books. Gross.

And leather from the boots was also on the menu :lolbron:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
deleted it and all subsequent spoiler arguments.

If it hasn't happened on the show and you got info from some other source its a spoiler. doesn't matter the source, if it hasnt aired then it doesnt need to be discussed in this thread. we have a spoiler thread where thats all welcomed

use the snitch links brehs, calling someone out for a spoiler just derails the thread. it shows us how many people have reported a post, so if 5 people report the same post its likely to get deleted quicker
So let's get a general consensus here. Cause I watch a lot of "behind the episodes" and "coming next episode" and "this season on game of thrones" type shyt. FROM HBO.

Do those count as spoilers? They air right after the show. What about something like grandma snatching the chain? It aired but people were upset cause "nobody would know to take a pic of that"

What about backstory stuff about aergon? It's so cloudy.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
I'm just gonna pretend for a split second that the leeches did something

The point of the leeches was not to kill kings, that was merely the effect. The point of the leeches was that Melisandre was trying to show Stannis the power of the Lord of Light in order to convince him to let her burn Gendry which she feels would have put him on the throne. The leeches were never portrayed as a way for him to take the throne. It was all about showing power.

**exhales**

But the leeches didn't do anything and Davos let Gendry escape so all I gotta say to parlor trick queen Melisandre is :umad:
That's the right answer. She said it when they busted in the room. "Blame lord davos. He didn't believe in the power of kings blood"

I believe her original plan was to just drain his ass completely. Who know what she would have done with gallons of his blood compared to 3 leeches worth

cook

Banned
Daps
So let's get a general consensus here. Cause I watch a lot of "behind the episodes" and "coming next episode" and "this season on game of thrones" type shyt. FROM HBO.

Do those count as spoilers? They air right after the show. What about something like grandma snatching the chain? It aired but people were upset cause "nobody would know to take a pic of that"

What about backstory stuff about aergon? It's so cloudy.

It's pretty simple, don't see how this topic is so confusing. If something has aired during an episode then its fair game. Anything other than that could be considered a spoiler.

Casting for future episodes, episode titles..shyt like that shouldn't be posted. Some sites consider previews spoilers also, we don't normally bytch about those but if you're watching every single thing you can find, every interview and article looking for hints of whats going to happen then I can see why people are having problems with what your're posting. Doesn't matter what the source is, if the source isn't an aired episode then it shouldn't be posted in this thread. This may seem extreme but this same shyt every season gets tiring. I've had major plot twists spoiled for me for every popular series dating back to the wire on sohh. I'm personally sick of it and judging by the non-stop complaints, I'm not the only one.

and grandma's pic isnt a good example, the screenshot itself was fine but when it was posted here it linked to an image set which had other info directly from the books.

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
and grandma's pic isnt a good example, the screenshot itself was fine but when it was posted here it linked to an image set which had other info directly from the books.

That picture also was not a good example because it was created by a book/wiki reader who was trying to pretend to play detective.

I don't give a fukk how many times you re-watch an episode or watch behind the scenes stuff, there is NO WAY that anyone figured out the Tyrell necklace snatch unless they got info from spoilers. Period. They might have guess that Olenna had something to do with the poisoning, but not because of the necklace. Luckily, when that picture was posted in the thread a lot of people just glanced over it. No one quoted it and said "why are you spoiling shyt." Personally, I just hit the snitch button (and the neg button) and moved on.

On the other hand, the argument over Tyrion's trial by combat could reasonably be theorized by someone who really payed close attention to this whole season, not taking into account what we saw in the pre-season trailer or episode titles. So the shyt show about that wasn't warranted.

I hope we can avoid this after the next episode, the 2 week wait is gonna be brutal :patrice:

Knights89

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
To be safe, I'll put put my question in a spoiler

at this point in the series, did Frey get played on what he was promised