Official Game of Thrones Season 4 Thread *The North Remembers*(NO SPOILERS!!)

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI
:ehh:

Even if he wasn't responsible, I think that Robb Starks death was tactically hurtful to Stannis's cause.

It was. His dumbest move was not setting up a meeting with the North. He never speaks to Rob to find his true intentions. Rob is out there fighting the Lannisters, why would you "want" to kill him? Why would you think the North is a bigger threat to you reclaiming the throne than the grandfather of the king?

raff

Rookie
Daps
:ehh:

Even if he wasn't responsible, I think that Robb Starks death was tactically hurtful to Stannis's cause.

It was. His dumbest move was not setting up a meeting with the North. He never speaks to Rob to find his true intentions. Rob is out there fighting the Lannisters, why would you "want" to kill him? Why would you think the North is a bigger threat to you reclaiming the throne than the grandfather of the king?

I think Stannis wouldn't let any part of kingdom secede or gain independance. He wanted to rule all 7 of them, so I understand that
for him Robb was a dangerous precedent. If the North is independant the Iron Islands or Dorne mightve been next.

Westerlands and the Reach mighve formed a mini European Union, these lands got enough man power, resources, crops, equipment
to show the middlefinger to the rest of Westeros. Stannis could then realistically keep the Stormlands, Riverlands and the Vale,
so it was crucial to keep the centralised structure together and fukk up Robbo's attempts.

Jax

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#Targset,#Heatgang,#Byrdgang
So, I'm rewatching shyt, this nikka Littlefinger put his little finger everywhere :ohhh:

This nikka done managed to control every major event in Westeros :ohhh:

• Dap
Reactions: Rev
Daps
I think Stannis wouldn't let any part of kingdom secede or gain independance. He wanted to rule all 7 of them, so I understand that
for him Robb was a dangerous precedent. If the North is independant the Iron Islands or Dorne mightve been next.

Westerlands and the Reach mighve formed a mini European Union, these lands got enough man power, resources, crops, equipment
to show the middlefinger to the rest of Westeros. Stannis could then realistically keep the Stormlands, Riverlands and the Vale,
so it was crucial to keep the centralised structure together and fukk up Robbo's attempts.

What was crucial was getting the Iron Throne. He should have dealt with Robb and Baylon after successfully taking the throne. Two of his leeches were successful and even if the third comes to be, he's still no closer to the throne.

His leeches have only benefited Tywin Lannister. :snoop:

cook

Banned
Daps
@cook breh please delete post #11111. son of a bytch quoted a spoiler and the original poster should be banned from this thread.

deleted it and all subsequent spoiler arguments.

If it hasn't happened on the show and you got info from some other source its a spoiler. doesn't matter the source, if it hasnt aired then it doesnt need to be discussed in this thread. we have a spoiler thread where thats all welcomed

use the snitch links brehs, calling someone out for a spoiler just derails the thread. it shows us how many people have reported a post, so if 5 people report the same post its likely to get deleted quicker

raff

Rookie
Daps
What was crucial was getting the Iron Throne. He should have dealt with Robb and Baylon after successfully taking the throne. Two of his leeches were successful and even if the third comes to be, he's still no closer to the throne.

His leeches have only benefited Tywin Lannister. :snoop:

But how was he gonna get to the Throne if not by giving guarantees of independance to Robb? That was his (Robbs) and his allies platform, Stannis would never
go back on his once given word that he would respect northern sovereignity, so it was better that the whole King of the North thing would die down on its own.

Daps
But how was he gonna get to the Throne if not by giving guarantees of independance to Robb? That was his (Robbs) and his allies platform, Stannis would never
go back on his once given word that he would respect northern sovereignity, so it was better that the whole King of the North thing would die down on its own.

Stannis didn't have to promise robb anything. They were fighting the same enemy, he could've just let Robb continue to keep Tywin occupied and dealt with Robb once he got the throne.

Robb is dead, now Tywin isn't worried about a war on two fronts. Joffery is dead, now Tywin has an easier king to control. If Baylon dies tomorrow and the Iron Born are pushed back to Pyke, that'll free up Tywin's new ally Roose Bolton to help fight his cause against Stannis.

Remind me, again, the point of those names he threw into the fire....

raff

Rookie
Daps
Stannis didn't have to promise robb anything. They were fighting the same enemy, he could've just let Robb continue to keep Tywin occupied and dealt with Robb once he got the throne.

Robb is dead, now Tywin isn't worried about a war on two fronts. Joffery is dead, now Tywin has an easier king to control. If Baylon dies tomorrow and the Iron Born are pushed back to Pyke, that'll free up Tywin's new ally Roose Bolton to help fight his cause against Stannis.

Stan wanted all usurpers and separatists dead, of course he fukked when not naming Tommen and Myrcella (next in line after Joffrey).
Another aspect of it is Melissandre manipulating Stanley into thinking these are the most important names to be capped off, it is obvious
Joff and Robb died of some other stuff and had it coming regardless of the leeches.

Red witch merely seen their deaths ahead of time and put a circus act with Gendry.

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA

I'm just gonna pretend for a split second that the leeches did something

The point of the leeches was not to kill kings, that was merely the effect. The point of the leeches was that Melisandre was trying to show Stannis the power of the Lord of Light in order to convince him to let her burn Gendry which she feels would have put him on the throne. The leeches were never portrayed as a way for him to take the throne. It was all about showing power.

**exhales**

But the leeches didn't do anything and Davos let Gendry escape so all I gotta say to parlor trick queen Melisandre is :umad:

#StarkSet

Stark till I die
Supporter
Daps

The point of the leeches was not to kill kings, that was merely the effect. The point of the leeches was that Melisandre was trying to show Stannis the power of the Lord of Light in order to convince him to let her burn Gendry which she feels would have put him on the throne. The leeches were never portrayed as a way for him to take the throne. It was all about showing power.

**exhales**

But the leeches didn't do anything and Davos let Gendry escape so all I gotta say to parlor trick queen Melisandre is :umad:
But the night is dark and full of terror

:sadbron:

Daps

So the only way to "prove the power of the Lord of Light" was to kill three people who's deaths helps your enemy? :patrice:

And despite having murdered Renly with a shadow baby, Stannis doesn't believe in the power of the Lord of Light? :comeon:

Stannis believes. He didn't leave ol girl home from Blackwater cuz he didn't believe, he did it to ensure people would see HIM as the victor.

Stannis was looking for a way to win the war.

**exhales**

Repent for your sins Ser Adam, for night is dark and full of terrors. :demonic:

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
So the only way to "prove the power of the Lord of Light" was to kill three people who's deaths helps your enemy? :patrice:

Melisandre was trying to prove the power of "kings blood," I forgot to emphasize that point. Committing adultery for the Lord of Light is a little easier of a pill to swallow for Stannis that the mortal sin of kinslaying. So yes, the leeches were the only way to convince Stannis to murder his blood relative.

And despite having murdered Renly with a shadow baby, Stannis doesn't believe in the power of the Lord of Light? :comeon:

Stannis was not there to see the shadow baby. He was sort of in denial that he was responsible for Renly's death. Killing Renly got him no closer to the throne, once again Melisandre was trying to prove to him that burning Gendry would be the only way.

Stannis believes. He didn't leave ol girl home from Blackwater cuz he didn't believe, he did it to ensure people would see HIM as the victor.

Stannis was looking for a way to win the war.

Factually incorrect. Melisandre was trying to prove a point, thats it. If the leeches were meant to win the war then why would she continue to stress the necessity of burning Gendry?

Repent for your sins Ser Adam, for night is dark and full of terrors. :demonic:

Melisandre is the one that needs to repent for her sins. The leech trick is treasonous in my mind. She lied to the one true King of the Andals, the First Men, and the Rhoyner. Stannis would have her beheaded if he found out the truth. Davos should have dropped some logic on him on some "so Stannis, if leech blood is enough to kill a man then how come Melisandre doesn't just kill Tywin, Tommen, Myrcella, Cersei, Jaime, and Mace Tyrell then march into Westeros 4000 strong and take the city?"