Official Game of Thrones Season 4 Thread *The North Remembers*(NO SPOILERS!!)

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
Didnt catch it on the first viewing, but this dude Tywin sent Mace Tyrell to get his pen and paper:laugh:
And he walked with his head held so damn high, like it was an honor or some shyt

Could someone explain how this trial by combat works if Tyrion's champion loses....is Tyrion automatically killed or is he just sentenced?
If his champion loses then he is considered guilty and will be sentenced for his crimes. He may or may not be killed on the spot. If Bronn would have lost I'm sure they would have tossed Tyrion out the moon door right then.

If his champion wins like Bronn did then he is considered innocent and walks free.

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
Could someone explain how this trial by combat works if Tyrion's champion loses....is Tyrion automatically killed or is he just sentenced?

as i understand it, it only affects the verdict, not the sentencing. just like anywhere else, if u plead guilty and beg for mercy, the sentence will be more lenient than if u go to trial or in this case go to trial by combat. so for tyrion who is being tried for regicide, if he loses, he is guilty and is subject to whatever sentence tywin and the judges give him(most likely death). if he wins, then that means the gods declare him innocent and he can walk.

raff

Rookie
Daps
Yara/Asha Greyjoy looks a little bit like Eve Laurence :whew:.
But I'm waiting on the biggest billy bad-ass among the Greyjoys=== Euron:ohlawd:.

Ayo

SOHH 2001
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Back in MIA
bronn? nah, he doesn't know where he is and he probably thinks he sold him out at this point. jaime? nah. he ain't gonna put his one-handed brother in the line of fire. but if oberyn volunteered to fight him (and screw over tywin in the process, which i assume he'd be happy to do)...i'm sure tyrion would be good with that.:

Oberyn volunteering is the "plan" he tells Jamie he has (from the preview for next week)...it's exactly what he is expecting. Tyrion is calculated and would not leave something like that to chance.

He spoke to Oberyn early on in the season. He knows he's out for blood. That interaction is/was there for a reason.

smARTmouf

Ascended Member
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I already have an idea whats gonna happen with this trial by combat...

Tywin will get the Mountain to fight....and Oberyn will fight on Tyrions behalf :banderas:

jdubnyce

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
t-dot till they bury me
detroitwalt said:
If his champion loses then he is considered guilty and will be sentenced for his crimes. He may or may not be killed on the spot. If Bronn would have lost I'm sure they would have tossed Tyrion out the moon door right then.

If his champion wins like Bronn did then he is considered innocent and walks free.

:camby: spoilers bro

@@Liquid
how is this a spoiler? what am i missing here?