Official Game of Thrones Season 4 Thread *The North Remembers*(NO SPOILERS!!)

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
This is making me wonder whether the Lannisters (as a family) figured out who killed Joffrey and are just playing the long game, trying to figure out who is on their side or who isn't. Tywin was making quick decisions like he know what the long deal is already and its something he's planned out already.

Can't elaborate much on this right now; fukk finals week, I want to participate in this thread with sso many dope comments and theories by everyone. Still, daps tto everyone and rep to who I could (still on 24s with some).

Goat thread on the internet on the goat forum for the goat sshow #GOATOfThrones

Can y'all imagine if The Coli was around when The Wire was being aired :to:

yo i was just thinking about that this weekend. it would have been the fukking shyt. the obarth reviews on the wire :wow:

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
This is making me wonder whether the Lannisters (as a family) figured out who killed Joffrey and are just playing the long game, trying to figure out who is on their side or who isn't. Tywin was making quick decisions like he know what the long deal is already and its something he's planned out already.

Can't elaborate much on this right now; fukk finals week, I want to participate in this thread with sso many dope comments and theories by everyone. Still, daps tto everyone and rep to who I could (still on 24s with some).

Goat thread on the internet on the goat forum for the goat sshow #GOATOfThrones

Can y'all imagine if The Coli was around when The Wire was being aired :to:

Tywin didn't like Joffrey, and he knew that even if Tyrion did kill Joffrey, he did the family & the realm a favor. That's why he was willing to let Tyrion live & send him to the Wall. I think he basically tricked Jamie into agreeing to step down from the King's Guard and be the heir to Casterly Rock in hopes of saving Tyrion. He knew Jamie would do that.

Tywin is one step ahead of everyone, except Tyrion because he never saw Tyrion snapping playing out :lupe:

TheDoc

Banned
Daps
To those that doubt Stannis at this point STILL:russ:

he's got that swede bank shyt now

and there's nothing you can do about it

my face when the Fire God will burn all usurpers :banderas:

LjtitAk.jpg

Propaganda

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
well it looks like it's gonna be oberyn vs. the mountain. they've been hinting at it since oberyn came to king's landing. it'd make sense to happen now. the mountain's an obvious choice for tywin...and who's tyrion gonna pick? bronn? nah, he doesn't know where he is and he probably thinks he sold him out at this point. jaime? nah. he ain't gonna put his one-handed brother in the line of fire. but if oberyn volunteered to fight him (and screw over tywin in the process, which i assume he'd be happy to do)...i'm sure tyrion would be good with that.

i was thinking about it though, if i was tywin, i'd be pissed that tyrion threw a wrench in to my plans with this trial by combat shyt, especially after making that deal with jaime. but i could throw a wrench right back...maybe i pick jaime to fight for me. what's tyrion gonna do then? pick someone to kill his own brother? the only person in king's landing who has his back? the guy who just saved his life? no way. little man's just gonna forfeit and hobble over to the chopping block like :fukkmylife:

Jax

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#Targset,#Heatgang,#Byrdgang
well it looks like it's gonna be oberyn vs. the mountain. they've been hinting at it since oberyn came to king's landing. it'd make sense to happen now. the mountain's an obvious choice for tywin...and who's tyrion gonna pick? bronn? nah, he doesn't know where he is and he probably thinks he sold him out at this point. jaime? nah. he ain't gonna put his one-handed brother in the line of fire. but if oberyn volunteered to fight him (and screw over tywin in the process, which i assume he'd be happy to do)...i'm sure tyrion would be good with that.

i was thinking about it though, if i was tywin, i'd be pissed that tyrion threw a wrench in to my plans with this trial by combat shyt, especially after making that deal with jaime. but i could throw a wrench right back...maybe i pick jaime to fight for me. what's tyrion gonna do then? pick someone to kill his own brother? the only person in king's landing who has his back? the guy who just saved his life? no way. little man's just gonna forfeit and hobble over to the chopping block like :fukkmylife:
Jamie wouldn't fight, they have to volunteer I think.

Malik

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV | Philly

That would be a genius strategy actually......only if Tywin truly gave no fukks but, Tywin would never risk his precious heir to Casterly Rock like that.

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
How can anyone still consider Theon anything but a sympathetic character?

Let's look at his crimes: Overtook Winterfell in a mostly non-bloody affair. Killed Ser Rodrick Cassell. Thats it.

He did not burn down Winterfell. He didn't even kill those 2 kids. That was his Ironborn scum that was with him. And lets not forget, this all came after he was held as a prisoner by the Starks for a decade, handed over by his father only to be rejected as a traitor to the family by his father upon return.:mindblown:. Before he became Reek, he also came to the conclusion that the Starks were his true family and realized the colossal mistake he had made.

He then is captured by Ramsey and his physically and mentally tortured to the point that he is no longer a sane human being. He got his dikk chopped off. He doesn't have a personal identity anymore. He is lower than a human being.

Theon has paid his debts. I want to see someone come in here and still try and tell me that Theon aint sympathetic.

3rdLetter

Pushin afros back to '76
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Qnz, NYC

Tywin has been pissed at Tyrion since he was born. The Lannister name is the most important thing to Tywin so he wouldn't risk having Tyrion killed and Jaime stay on the Kingsguard. Like Jaime said, who else is he gonna make the heir besides himself or Tyrion, Lancel :heh:

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
I don't understand why they were so ill-prepared/shocked by his demand for a trial by combat.

Reading up on it a bit, it seems like a trial by combat is always a viable option for anyone accused of a crime in the Seven Kingdoms.

They were shocked because all that Tyrion had to do was keep his mouth shut and he would have been at Castle Black for the rest of his life

Stannis only has 4,000 men?
:snoopkid:

Correction: HAD only 4000 men:myman:

man that ending makes me want to get the books and read through...i no longer want to have to wait to find out what happens. :damn:

Hold out breh, hold out. Only 4 more episodes to go and all of your questions will be answered
"I should've let Stannis kill you all." :wow:

My favorite part of the episode alongside Tywin pullin the okie-doke on Jaime

Daps
Could someone explain how this trial by combat works if Tyrion's champion loses....is Tyrion automatically killed or is he just sentenced?

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
Could someone explain how this trial by combat works if Tyrion's champion loses....is Tyrion automatically killed or is he just sentenced?
I don't think the extent of the trial by combat laws have been explained past the phrase "you have a right to a trial by combat"

By the looks of the preview for next week, it looks like Jaime and Tyrion are discussing the implications so you should find out then.