Official Game of Thrones Season 4 Thread *The North Remembers*(NO SPOILERS!!)

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
If you're a book reader, it's sort of a filler episode. They're definitely pro-longing the Jon Snow/Bran stuff.
How could it be filler when eliminating it would leave Crasters Keep mutineers plot thread open and would leave Bran wandering through the woods eating acorns?

Its not filler, its replacement. An alternate way to tell the same story, dramatized for television.

Yes, it is stretching Jon's story out, but at the same time is contributing massive character development

Pifferry

blegh
Daps
I gotta mention this again just because it was so funny to me while it was happening but with all them Stark wins I haven't said much about it

That conversation between Arya and The Hound was like a photocopy of an argument we were having in this thread last week about Syrio. I was playing the part of the Hound, @T-K-G and a few others were playing the part of Arya. It was like a tip of the hat to the nerds that argue about ASOIAF lore and history

It didn't resolve the "best swordsman" argument, but I have to say I think that it resolved the "best warrior" argument. How is dude gonna be killed by Meryn fukking Trant? How is dude gonna die without a sword? There were swords on the ground from them Lannisters he beat up. A great warrior would have snatched one up and stuck it through Trants eye socket
Some people think he's alive. George hasn't confirmed it either way.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
I gotta mention this again just because it was so funny to me while it was happening but with all them Stark wins I haven't said much about it

That conversation between Arya and The Hound was like a photocopy of an argument we were having in this thread last week about Syrio. I was playing the part of the Hound, @T-K-G and a few others were playing the part of Arya. It was like a tip of the hat to the nerds that argue about ASOIAF lore and history

It didn't resolve the "best swordsman" argument, but I have to say I think that it resolved the "best warrior" argument. How is dude gonna be killed by Meryn fukking Trant? How is dude gonna die without a sword? There were swords on the ground from them Lannisters he beat up. A great warrior would have snatched one up and stuck it through Trants eye socket

Looking back Syrio had a chance to pick up a real sword when he knocked out the first guard and warned Arya to run. Perfect time to arm himself properly with how far the rest of the guards were standing away from him :mindblown:

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This was one of the best episodes of the season.

Everything was well acted.

What's the deal with Cersei sending a boat as a gift to Myrcella? There HAS to be a nefarious reason.

I love how they keep referring back to the first episode of the show. Bran's vision in the 3rd episode had a part with the WHite Walker girl from the prologue from Episode 1 of the show; now the cause of second scene of that very first episode (Jon Arryns death) gets answered. Awesome.

Rev

Bong
Daps
Reppin
Uptown
This was one of the best episodes of the season.

Everything was well acted.

What's the deal with Cersei sending a boat as a gift to Myrcella? There HAS to be a nefarious reason.

I love how they keep referring back to the first episode of the show. Bran's vision in the 3rd episode had a part with the WHite Walker girl from the prologue from Episode 1 of the show; now the cause of second scene of that very first episode (Jon Arryns death) gets answered. Awesome.
:leon:

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
How could it be filler when eliminating it would leave Crasters Keep mutineers plot thread open and would leave Bran wandering through the woods eating acorns?

Its not filler, its replacement. An alternate way to tell the same story, dramatized for television.

Yes, it is stretching Jon's story out, but at the same time is contributing massive character development

That's a good way to put it. The only people really complaining about things are the book readers.

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
:skip: Guess he felt that heat

:birdman::ufdup:You lucky I'm busy.
giphy.gif

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Too bad about no Stark reunion, but so happy for the Jon-Ghost reunion. Wonder what happened to Summer. A lot of Yeahs for the demise of the main defector, Rast, Locke and Craster's Keep. I feel so sorry for Sansa, from the frying pan to the creepy asylum, she cannot win.

Lysa is scarier with her craziness than Cersei because at least Cersei is somewhat predictable in her actions. Lysa isn't - the scene with Sansa over the meal went from caring aunt to lovestruck madwoman and then back to the compassionate maternal figure. That was a well acted scene from both the Lysa actress and Sophie Turner.

Jax

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#Targset,#Heatgang,#Byrdgang
My #Starkset nikkas. We ate good tonight :whew:

I can't front I was hoping Professor Bran and Jon was gonna be able to :blessed: for a little bit. I had a feeling my nikka Jon woulda understand that Bran had to handle his buisness and let him ride out eventually. At the end of the day, Bran coulda got in his head and sent that nikka the opposite way and peeled off on his journey.

nikkas trying to take a shot at Arya :stopitslime:

She still turned around and said the nikka name on some :smugfavre: And after the hound kept talking greezy about the gawd first sword of bravoss, she still tried to pierce that nikka through the heart like any real nikka would do if someone is talking bad about your homie. "What don't kill you, makes you tougher". Arya gon' be good and she gon collect on that nikka's head one day.

Had the hound straight shook daddy when he woke up and didnt see her there. :russ:

:deadmanny: At The lannisters not making any bread in 3 years.

:dead: At #byrdgang having to wife up that crazy bytch

:mjlol: At the Kelly C putting in all this work to become the "Queen of Kings Landing". :ohhh: Word, Kelly C you finna' take the whole of westeros with 10,000 men and cant keep those slaver nikkas in check?

:mjlol: At Jorah the simp being the voice of reason

:mjlol: At #Targset, thought yall was ready to ride on westeros?.

See yall nikkas in season 6 :sas2:

:
Winter is coming, we gon let yall clean OUR house and then we'll just move in. :manny: