Official Game of Thrones Season 4 Thread *The North Remembers*(NO SPOILERS!!)

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
My question is though, wasnt the battle at the fist of the first men with the rangers of the nights watch against a huge pack of white walkers? Aren't many free cities north of the Fist? How does a huge pack of white walkers get past the wildling army untouched? Where is Mance Raiders army right now and other wildling cities in relation to the white walkers? How are white walkers getting to crasters keep to pick up babies without being seen/attacked? I know most people are afraid of them so run away but it all seems very strange right now.

ima answer ur questions 1 by 1.

when they fought the zombie+white walker army at the fist, thats very far north. very few wildling clans live that far north. the thenns and an off screen clan called the hornfoots(nikkas walk around barefoot up there so all their feet look like black horns :damn:).

the wildlings are running away from the white walkers but they number 100,000 when u count non soldiers. so they moving veryyyy slow with all their women and children and goats and cows and old people. they are from the north so they know how to avoid the white walkers by hiding in caves and such.

whenever a white walker comes down to crasters or anywhere near the wall, its usually just 1 of them. probably a scout or 2 to see ahead.

im sure the wildlings are probably losing people to the walkers little by little which is where they are getting their zombie army. they just dont show how fukking big the area north of the wall is.

Malik

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV | Philly
I just don't know how long after Brandon nearly killed LF did Rhaegar take Lyanna?

Littlefinger has noted that that experience changed his whole outlook....he accepted that he'd never win playing their game, but he didn't give up. I don't think it was inadvertent, I'm thinking he intentionally sought to have Brandon killed (the way he worded it to that whore was "he went and got himself killed" instead of the mad king murdered him cuz he's fukking crazy).

Early Life
Brandon was present at the Tourney at Harrenhal. After Brandon's sister Lyanna found the crannogman Howland Reed being bullied by three young squires, she took the injured man back to a tent, binding his wounds, and introduced the guest to her brothers: Eddard ("the quiet wolf"), and Benjen ("the young pup"), and finally to Brandon ("the wild wolf"), the leader of the pack. Lyanna persuaded Reed to attend the feast marking the start of the tournament; he consented and ate at the same table as the Starks. During the feast, Brandon asked Ashara Dayne to dance with his younger brother Eddard (who was too shy to ask her himself). It is also implied (but not confirmed) that Brandon later bedded Ashara Dayne and got her with child.[4] Brandon later entered the lists, but was unhorsed by Prince Rhaegar Targaryen.[5][6]

When Catelyn and Brandon's betrothal was announced, Petyr Baelish, a ward of Catelyn's father, challenged Brandon to a duel for her hand. They fought in the lower bailey at Riverrun. Brandon easily won their duel, but did not kill Petyr, in concession to Catelyn's pleas. He then departed Riverrun, promising to return soon.[7][8]

Death and burial

From Riverrun, Brandon left to join his father's wedding party, coming down from the north. They were on their way again back to Riverrun, so Brandon could wed Catelyn, when word reached Brandon of Lyanna's supposed abduction by Prince Rhaegar Targaryen.[9] Brandon, along with his squire Ethan Glover, Kyle Royce, Elbert Arryn, and Jeffory Mallister, rode to King's Landing immediately, while Hoster Tully became incensed, thinking it a rash action. Upon entering the Red Keep, Brandon shouted for Rhaegar to "come out and die". Rhaegar was not there to answer the challenge; they were arrested by King Aerys and charged with plotting Rhaegar's murder. Their fathers were called to court to answer the charges. Brandon was forced to watch as his father was cooked alive in his own armor. He was bound with a leather cord around his neck and a longsword just out of reach, and he strangled himself trying to get to the sword to save his father. He was twenty years old at the time.[10][11]

Brandon was buried in the crypts beneath Winterfell. Bran Stark notes that only the kings and lords of Winterfell are supposed to have statues in their likeness, not their family members, but Eddard wished to honor his beloved siblings and had them made anyway.

Couldn't have been that long. Brandon left Riverrun to meet with his father's wedding party so they could come back to Riverrun for his wedding. So maybe a few weeks, a month or two. The theories I read on Westeros.org is that Lyanna was most close with Brandon, as they were both emotional, wild and free-spirited. The idea is Lyanna didn't just run away with Rhaegar without leaving word......that she sent a raven to Riverrun because she knew Brandon would be there. A raven explaining that she was in love and eloping with Prince Rhaegar Targaryen hoping Brandon would understand and support her decision. She didn't send it to Winterfell because she didn't want her father Lord Rickard finding out. Littlefinger could have intercepted the raven by mistake and still being angry about his duel, decided to send a new one out to Brandon Stark saying that Lyanna got abducted :mjpls:

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Couldn't have been that long. Brandon left Riverrun to meet with his father's wedding party so they could come back to Riverrun for his wedding. So maybe a few weeks, a month or two. The theories I read on Westeros.org is that Lyanna was most close with Brandon, as they were both emotional, wild and free-spirited. The idea is Lyanna didn't just run away with Rhaegar without leaving word......that she sent a raven to Riverrun because she knew Brandon would be there. A raven explaining that she was in love and eloping with Prince Rhaegar Targaryen hoping Brandon would understand and support her decision. She didn't send it to Winterfell because she didn't want her father Lord Rickard finding out. Littlefinger could have intercepted the raven by mistake and still being angry about his duel, decided to send a new one out to Brandon Stark saying that Lyanna got abducted :mjpls:

fukk it, what I wrote in the Book thread but spoiler proofed.

Another Littlefinger theory.

Petyr Baelish may have had a hand in starting the War of the Usurper. :leon:

The timeline here is sketchy because the main players are dead, but we know some things about the events between the duel at Riverrun and Brandon arriving at King's Landing.

After the duel at Riverrun (between Petyr and Brandon), Brandon left to gather homies from the North, Riverlands and Vale. Presumably he went to Winterfell to get his wedding suit and met everyone on his way back to Riverrun.

In the meantime, Petyr is stuck in bed for two weeks recovering from his wounds and bitter as fukk. He is then sent back home by Hoster Tully.

Petyr travels back to the Fingers in a litter, which is a slow moving travel. Petyr would have taken the East-West road, stopping at the Inn at the Crossroads, before going Northwards and turning East for the Fingers. At approximately the same time Rhaegar and Lyanna would have been running away together in secret, probably going to Dorne and would have stopped at the Inn at the Crossroads.

The theory is that Petyr also stops at the Inn and gets to see Rhaegar and Lyanna there. He gleans two pieces of information: they were consensually running away together and they were heading for Dorne. He knows that Brandon will hear about Lyanna's disappearance soon, if he doesn't know already, and sees an to opportunity to defer Cat's wedding to Brandon.

So he writes letters :shaq:

1. Anonymous to Brandon: "Rhaegar has kidnapped your sister and is raping her in Kings Landing." (A lie with a hint of truth in it mostly by accident.) Brandon rushes to King's Landing in a rage.

2. Anonymous to Aerys: "Brandon and his friends are coming to King's Landing to kill you and your son." (Guarantees Brandon a hot reception when he does burst in.)

As we all know everyone that went to King's Landing to call Rhaegar out got murked nasty except for Ethan Glover (who died at the Tower of Joy). :whoo:

This is Petyr's descent to darkness, he can't kill with swords but he can with words.

Game of Thrones Petyr Quote:
Episode 7 - You Win Or You Die

"Do you know what I learned, losing that duel?
I learned that I'll never win, not that way, that's their game, their rules.
I'm not going to fight them, I'm going to fukk them."

:ohhh:

Queue letter number 3...

3. Petyr to Catelyn: We know she burnt it unread, thereby foiling Petyr's plan to get his hands on her. :ohhh:

Robert's Rebellion ensues.

Last edited:

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
Yep, for the most part. Catelyn already thought her sister was crazy. She was ready to write Lysa's ducktales off until Bran fell and when that nikka came back to try to kill her son again, Catelyn deduced that Bran saw somethin he shouldnt have saw.

What leaves me baffled is how Littlefinger planned for the dagger that was intended to kill Bran. Who was that dagger intended to kill? Did he call an audible once he saw Bran got taken out?

Malik

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV | Philly
fukk it, what I wrote in the Book threat but spoiler proofed.

Makes plenty of sense. I buy it.

When Littlefinger says

"Do you know what I learned, losing that duel?
I learned that I'll never win, not that way, that's their game, their rules.
I'm not going to fight them, I'm going to fukk them."

I doubt it was just Brandon Stark kicking his ass that prompted that decision. Maybe...just maybe he saw just how disastrous words can be, like "yoooo i did that" :ohhh: I mean, even if you want to call it a crackpot theory, then you gotta ask how did Brandon Stark find out about Lyanna's "abduction". Because it says that Brandon "caught word" of it. So SOMEBODY told Brandon. Why not Littlefinger? It certainly explains how he descended into :demonic:

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
ima answer ur questions 1 by 1.

when they fought the zombie+white walker army at the fist, thats very far north. very few wildling clans live that far north. the thenns and an off screen clan called the hornfoots(nikkas walk around barefoot up there so all their feet look like black horns :damn:).

the wildlings are running away from the white walkers but they number 100,000 when u count non soldiers. so they moving veryyyy slow with all their women and children and goats and cows and old people. they are from the north so they know how to avoid the white walkers by hiding in caves and such.

whenever a white walker comes down to crasters or anywhere near the wall, its usually just 1 of them. probably a scout or 2 to see ahead.

im sure the wildlings are probably losing people to the walkers little by little which is where they are getting their zombie army. they just dont show how fukking big the area north of the wall is.
My other question would be how did they all not get massacred at the fist? They had skilled warriors but they lost many soldiers. I thought only Dragon stone weapons (maybe also Valyrian steel?) could kill a white walker. The Nights Watch had regular weapons and maybe fire...I do know the fist is an excellent tactical landmark to have as it's hard to overcome any group defending it.

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
My other question would be how did they all not get massacred at the fist? They had skilled warriors but they lost many soldiers. I thought only Dragon stone weapons (maybe also Valyrian steel?) could kill a white walker. The Nights Watch had regular weapons and maybe fire...I do know the fist is an excellent tactical landmark to have as it's hard to overcome any group defending it.

if u look at the white walker army at the end of season 2, its mostly zombies and like 4 or 5 white walker generals mixed in. the zombies aka wights are killed by fire. thats how mormont saved sam tarly and how jon snow saved mormont in season 1. a couple of flaming arrows and you can take out a wight. but the white walkers, those b*stards can only be killed by the blade that sam had. you kind of get the sense that the white walkers themselves only number in the dozens or maybe even hundreds, but they can raise and lead an army of a million wights if they find the dead bodies.

dabestkeptsecret

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
jerz
While reading the books, I never picked up on Littlefinger purposely indebted the throne to the Iron Bank, but the show makes it clear as fukk. I'm :dead: at the audacity of this nikka :pachaha:
Yeah remember in season 1 when ned stark first looked at the books. He was like where are we getting all this money for the wedding :dwillhuh:
- counselor: oh we've just been borrowing from the lannisters for years now :manny:
Ned: wait you mean the kingdom is broke :mindblown:
Counselor: broke, nah homie we millions of dollars in debt :youngsabo:

Malik

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV | Philly
What leaves me baffled is how Littlefinger planned for the dagger that was intended to kill Bran. Who was that dagger intended to kill? Did he call an audible once he saw Bran got taken out?

Littlefinger is a demon man. He's the Frank Underwood of Westeros. IIRC, he wanted to cause a war between The Starks and The Lannisters. During chaos, nobody pays attention to the nikka in the background making moves. So he gave Tyrion's blade to the assassin. I think he wanted to implicate Tyrion on purpose and "get rid of him" because Tyrion is one of the two people, along with Varys, that REALLY know the kind of nikka he is :demonic: If you notice, when Joffrey gets murdered, he plants the murder on Tyrion again. It was to get Sansa out of their marriage, but I think he just wants Tyrion dead too lol....I think Littlefinger is planning on murdering the crazy aunt, getting The Vale, then marrying Sansa, getting The North, and then uniting with The Riverlands too :demonic: Nikka is thinking fifty steps ahead of everyone else. Back when Stannis was marching on King's Landing and Renly had just got murdered, Littlefinger offered to go meet with The Tyrells to make an agreement. Nikka just forgot to tell Tywin that the agreement included murdering Joffrey :demonic:

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
Littlefinger is a demon man. He's the Frank Underwood of Westeros. IIRC, he wanted to cause a war between The Starks and The Lannisters. During chaos, nobody pays attention to the nikka in the background making moves. So he gave Tyrion's blade to the assassin. I think he wanted to implicate Tyrion on purpose and "get rid of him" because Tyrion is one of the two people, along with Varys, that REALLY know the kind of nikka he is :demonic: If you notice, when Joffrey gets murdered, he plants the murder on Tyrion again. It was to get Sansa out of their marriage, but I think he just wants Tyrion dead too lol....I think Littlefinger is planning on murdering the crazy aunt, getting The Vale, then marrying Sansa, getting The North, and then uniting with The Riverlands too :demonic: Nikka is thinking fifty steps ahead of everyone else. Back when Stannis was marching on King's Landing and Renly had just got murdered, Littlefinger offered to go meet with The Tyrells to make an agreement. Nikka just forgot to tell Tywin that the agreement included murdering Joffrey :demonic:

I didn't even realize Littlefinger stays implicating Tyrion :ohhh:

Once Tyrion figures out it's been Littlefinger, shyt is gonna hit the fan because Tyrion is already in cahoots with Varys

boss__don

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Nj

If this is true then littlefinger will go down in history as the GOAT character.. The fukkery he did for power and if he got Brandon killed too that will be even more epic .. I mean after that last episode I feel like I'm watching a living legend now.. Little finger is Derek jeter or Kobe or Lebron right now(living legends).. His story is inspirational thought out and brave nothing but :salute: for the man petyr BAElish :troll:..

This is making me want to watch the whole series over again but just his scenes.. I wish they could be cut up to just his story

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
interesting fact about littlefinger to really get ya to go :ohhh: about him

Petyr Baelish’s great-grandfather was a Braavosi sellsword in the service of Lord Corbray; when his son became a hedge knight he took the stone head of the Titan of Braavos as his sigil. Lord Baelish’s father was the smallest of small lords of a few rocky acres on the smallest of the Fingers. His father befriended Hoster Tully during their service in the War of the Ninepenny Kings, which led to Petyr being sent to be fostered at Riverrun with Lord Tully’s children.[3]

Started from the fukking bottom for real.

boss__don

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Nj
I didn't even realize Littlefinger stays implicating Tyrion :ohhh:

Once Tyrion figures out it's been Littlefinger, shyt is gonna hit the fan because Tyrion is already in cahoots with Varys
Yooooooo...

And honestly now that you said that.. Only tyrionlannister has the mental capacity to out think someone of littlefinger.. Wow .. And guess who is wife is.. Sansa ..sansa will realize that lysa and littlefinger cause her mother father and brothers to get killed.. Who's knows how soon she will find out? But it's looking like sansas is a key piece in the whole puzzle.. And her husband tyrionlannister will not be happy with little finger taking his wife and killing her little nephew..

So many things cleared up through thecoli :salute:

Last edited:

dabestkeptsecret

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
jerz
Frank Underwood would want no problems with little finger :no:

he'd prob underestimate little finger, and next thing you know he's getting murked at his own wedding.
Frank is too obvious with his pursuit of power and any steps he'd take for the throne would be met with a sword to the neck
- little finger makes it seem he's happy with the little position he has to avoid any and all suspicion