Official Game of Thrones Season 4 Thread *The North Remembers*(NO SPOILERS!!)

Daps
I wouldn't be surprised either. I know Baelish was a naive 14 year old at the time but, I could see him inadvertently causing the entire Rebellion, then realizing how much damage he could cause by playing the shadows.

I just don't know how long after Brandon nearly killed LF did Rhaegar take Lyanna?

Littlefinger has noted that that experience changed his whole outlook....he accepted that he'd never win playing their game, but he didn't give up. I don't think it was inadvertent, I'm thinking he intentionally sought to have Brandon killed (the way he worded it to that whore was "he went and got himself killed" instead of the mad king murdered him cuz he's fukking crazy).

Malik

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV | Philly
I just got done watching the episode..............

:damn: at the fact that Littlefinger & Lysa setup the death of Lord Hand of the King Jon Arryn. 1 of y'all suspected a few weeks ago in this thread that Littlefinger had Lysa sent that letter to Catelyn in the series premiere. I knew going into this season it was gonna be revealed some of Littlefinger's schemes, but I didn't see this 1 or Littlefinger being involved with the Purple Wedding coming.

:ohhh: But if Littlefinger & Lysa setup Jon Arryn's death, WTF was the point of the scene (That is not in the books) with Jamie & Cersei in King's Landing in the series premiere:

Two separate things breh.....I watched that clip and nothing is out of order.

Jaime and Cersei (mainly Cersei) were terrified that Jon Arryn discovered the incest between them and that all three of Robert's kids were really Jaime's. They were scared that eventhough Jon Arryn died, he told someone else about his findings, which he did, as he was working with Stannis.

Littlefinger caught wind of Jon Arryn's secret investigation and killed him with poison. Lysa gave him the okay, because she didn't give a fukk about her husband, Jon Arryn, because he was a 90 year old man. She never loved him. Always loved Littlefinger. Littlefinger got her pregnant when they were teenagers. After the abortion, no highborn man would take Lysa as a wife. Only Jon Arryn....an 70 somethin year old man at the time :heh: who was desperate enough to wife a non-virgin because he needed an heir after The Mad King had just boiled his nephew alive, his last remaining relative :merchant:, along with Brandon and Lord Rickard Stark. After Jon Arryn's death, Lysa, sent the raven to Catelyn, blaming the Lannisters, when in reality, the Lannisters had no involvement.

Daps
the whole thing with the white walkers is that they can only move in the freezing cold. thats why they only exist so far north of the wall in the land of always winter. however, "winter is coming". in that world, seasons last years. when the story starts, they in the end of a summer that lasts 11 years or someshyt and every winter before that was a short one. the last time the white walkers came, it was during "the long night" which was a winter that lasted a hundred years or someshyt if i remember correctly. the winter that is coming up now is the coldest. thats why the lord commander was begging tyrion for help on some "i can feel it in my bones" shyt. ned had an eerie feeling too when he saw a direwolf south of the wall.

so basically, the white walkers move south with the weather cause they need the dark and the cold to move. so the farther south the cold weather moves, the farther south the white walkers go.

it was just a red herring to throw some suspicion on them but they never said they killed him. they just talking about their secret cause they know jon arryn and stannis were investigating it(looking for robert's b*stards and shyt).

I didn't realize the Walkers needed the cold, I thought they brought it. But it makes sense since the legend always was they'd return in a long night or long winter following a long summer

Last edited:

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
Two separate things breh.....I watched that clip and nothing is out of order.

Jaime and Cersei (mainly Cersei) were terrified that Jon Arryn discovered the incest between them and that all three of Robert's kids were really Jaime's. They were scared that eventhough Jon Arryn died, he told someone else about his findings, which he did, as he was working with Stannis.

Littlefinger caught wind of Jon Arryn's secret investigation and killed him with poison. Lysa gave him the okay, because she didn't give a fukk about her husband, Jon Arryn, because he was a 90 year old man. She never loved him. Always loved Littlefinger. Littlefinger got her pregnant when they were teenagers. After the abortion, no highborn man would take Lysa as a wife. Only Jon Arryn....an 70 somethin year old man at the time :heh: who was desperate enough to wife a non-virgin because he needed an heir after The Mad King had just boiled his nephew alive, his last remaining relative :merchant:, along with Brandon and Lord Rickard Stark. After Jon Arryn's death, Lysa, sent the raven to Catelyn, blaming the Lannisters, when in reality, the Lannisters had no involvement.

The thing is, the whole thing wouldn't have escalated as much as it did if Jamie didn't push Bran out the window.

Malik

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV | Philly
The thing is, the whole thing wouldn't have escalated as much as it did if Jamie didn't push Bran out the window.

Yep, for the most part. Catelyn already thought her sister was crazy. She was ready to write Lysa's ducktales off until Bran fell and when that nikka came back to try to kill her son again, Catelyn deduced that Bran saw somethin he shouldnt have saw.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Now, knowing how Ned's brother humiliated him, I wouldn't be surprised if this devil didn't start Robert's Rebellion.:wow:

:obama:

See I wrote a detailed theory on that making Petyr a major suspect for the rebellion. It has spoilers in it, so I can't post it at least until the end of this season, I think.

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
Lord Baelish definitely chose to marry that old bytch because of that castle...Nobody is gonna want to come see him with their army....That narrow walk way is no joke...

He's the only one truly playing chess...

:whew: that bloody gate. i dont know if ya remember season 1 when catelyn is taking tyrion up there and tyrion is talking to bronn.

tyrion: "they say the eerie is impregnable"

bronn: "give me 50 good men and some rope ladders(paraphrasing), and ill impregnate the bytch"

:heh:

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
tumblr_n5332pgtrr1s5jeldo1_250.gif
tumblr_n5332pgtrr1s5jeldo6_250.gif

the parallels :pachaha:

Malik

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV | Philly
My #Starkset nikkas. We ate good tonight :whew:

I can't front I was hoping Professor Bran and Jon was gonna be able to :blessed: for a little bit. I had a feeling my nikka Jon woulda understand that Bran had to handle his buisness and let him ride out eventually. At the end of the day, Bran coulda got in his head and sent that nikka the opposite way and peeled off on his journey.

nikkas trying to take a shot at Arya :stopitslime:

She still turned around and said the nikka name on some :smugfavre: And after the hound kept talking greezy about the gawd first sword of bravoss, she still tried to pierce that nikka through the heart like any real nikka would do if someone is talking bad about your homie. "What don't kill you, makes you tougher". Arya gon' be good and she gon collect on that nikka's head one day.

Had the hound straight shook daddy when he woke up and didnt see her there. :russ:

:deadmanny: At The lannisters not making any bread in 3 years.

:dead: At #byrdgang having to wife up that crazy bytch

:mjlol: At the Kelly C putting in all this work to become the "Queen of Kings Landing". :ohhh: Word, Kelly C you finna' take the whole of westeros with 10,000 men and cant keep those slaver nikkas in check?

:mjlol: At Jorah the simp being the voice of reason

:mjlol: At #Targset, thought yall was ready to ride on westeros?.

See yall nikkas in season 6 :sas2:

:

Well, just to be completely honest....Aegon The Conqueror only had 1,600 men when he first landed.

The war began in 2BC when Aegon Targaryen and his two sister-wives Rhaenys and Visenya landed with fewer than 1,600 men[1] on the east coast of Westeros, at the mouth of the Blackwater Rush. The Targaryens had held the island-fortress of Dragonstone as the westernmost outpost of the Valyrian Freehold for a century before the Doom destroyed Valyria.

In the century after the Doom, the "Bleeding Years", they tried to expand their holdings. However, Aegon had been torn between unifying the continent of Westeros and conquering the Free Cities, which had been experiencing bloody strife in the aftermath ofValyria's fall. He rejected a call from several of the Free Cities to help unite them as a new Freehold and chose the far more ambitious course of invading Westeros. With very limited manpower, the Targaryens knew that their full-grown dragons would be their ultimate weapon.

Khaleesi has 10,000 men. Ten times as many. She just waiting on her dragons to become full grown.

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
the whole thing with the white walkers is that they can only move in the freezing cold. thats why they only exist so far north of the wall in the land of always winter. however, "winter is coming". in that world, seasons last years. when the story starts, they in the end of a summer that lasts 11 years or someshyt and every winter before that was a short one. the last time the white walkers came, it was during "the long night" which was a winter that lasted a hundred years or someshyt if i remember correctly. the winter that is coming up now is the coldest. thats why the lord commander was begging tyrion for help on some "i can feel it in my bones" shyt. ned had an eerie feeling too when he saw a direwolf south of the wall.

so basically, the white walkers move south with the weather cause they need the dark and the cold to move. so the farther south the cold weather moves, the farther south the white walkers go.

it was just a red herring to throw some suspicion on them but they never said they killed him. they just talking about their secret cause they know jon arryn was investigating it(looking for robert's b*stards and shyt).
My question is though, wasnt the battle at the fist of the first men with the rangers of the nights watch against a huge pack of white walkers? Aren't many free cities north of the Fist? How does a huge pack of white walkers get past the wildling army untouched? Where is Mance Raiders army right now and other wildling cities in relation to the white walkers? How are white walkers getting to crasters keep to pick up babies without being seen/attacked? I know most people are afraid of them so run away but it all seems very strange right now.