Official Game of Thrones Season 4 Thread *The North Remembers*(NO SPOILERS!!)

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
How is it corny when that's the way it sounds?

I like it. You should see the nicknames the mains got over in The Americans thread. :dead:
I thought it was something funny, like it was a reference to Kelly Capowski or something :yeshrug:

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
As a reminder, Stannis wielded that sword on the show in the Season 2 premiere.

You are Ok to click this, similar stuff as before
That was a flaming sword, Beric Dondarrion did the same thing so it doesnt really line up to the Lightbringer story.

Lightbringer glows bright and hot magically, its not on fire

But you are right in a sense because the flaming sword was an adaptation of Lightbringer. Kind of an odd choice honestly, doesnt seem like it would cost much to CGI a glowing sword considering the glowing sword is incredibly important to Stannis trusting Melisandre.

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
Holy fukk. Just watched the episode. They're taking this shyt places te books never did. The show is so piff and the writing is so damn good still I have NO PROBLEMS with them deviating from the source material. What a fantastic episode.
Since you saw the episode late, did you miss the drama about HBO naming the super White Walker? Peep the book thread or any numerous Asoiaf forums to have your head spinning

Daps
You are Ok to click this, similar stuff as before
That was a flaming sword, Beric Dondarrion did the same thing so it doesnt really line up to the Lightbringer story.

Lightbringer glows bright and hot magically, its not on fire

But you are right in a sense because the flaming sword was an adaptation of Lightbringer. Kind of an odd choice honestly, doesnt seem like it would cost much to CGI a glowing sword considering the glowing sword is incredibly important to Stannis trusting Melisandre.

You mean Thoros of Myr, right?

Exiled Martian

Was young I couldn't do good, now I can't do Bad
Daps
Reppin
Swag-hili Shores
Just re-watched ep 4 in the confines of my own solitude & It all makes sense now with the ' Kill Master' writing on the wall , Grey Worm was shown learning to speak English in the earlier scene , and it could be inferred also to read / write. So, he could have put the graffiti, and not really so much to encourage the slaves, but to scare the masters (as it would be assumed quite a lot of them were literate).

That whole scene was kinda sloppy though:pachaha:...we first see the head "master" in that scene, he has two soldiers with him when he reads the writing. Then all of a sudden his is alone and his is attacked from all sides. It was a very B-movie moment.

I have a suspicion as to why the writing was on the wall. I think it is the same reason that Dany has a COMPLETELY modern attitude and perspective, and notice why everyone involved with her plotline uses modern and straight-forward dialect instead of the D&D dialect the rest of the show uses. The reason is that Dany's story (at this point) is the lowest common denominator story meant to appeal to a viewer who doesn't normally get into this fantasy stuff, but loves say The Hunger Games. An obvious hero with obvious (to a modern person) villains, shiny special effects (dragons), and none of the mystery and politics that makes the rest of Game of Thrones, well Game of Thrones.

That is why I am pretty much bored with her plotline, even though I am glad she is on the show if she is what allows the entire thing to be mainstream and big budget:yeshrug:

On another note I can't wait to see further developments in the Hound/ Arya plot line

Hound+chicken.gif

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
Just re-watched ep 4 in the confines of myown solitude & It all makes sense now with the ' Kill Master' writing on the wall , Grey Worm was shown learning to speak English in the earlier scene , and it could be inferred also to read / write. So, he could have put the graffiti, and not really so much to encourage the slaves, but to scare the masters (as it would be assumed quite a lot of them were literate).

That whole scene was kinda sloppy though:pachaha:...we first see the head "master" in that scene, he has two soldiers with him when he reads the writing. Then all of a sudden his is alone and his is attacked from all sides. It was a very B-movie moment.

I have a suspicion as to why the writing was on the wall. I think it is the same reason that Dany has a COMPLETELY modern attitude and perspective, and notice why everyone involved with her plotline uses modern and straight-forward dialect instead of the D&D dialect the rest of the show uses. The reason is that Dany's story (at this point) is the lowest common denominator story meant to appeal to a viewer who doesn't normally get into this fantasy stuff, but loves say The Hunger Games. An obvious hero with obvious (to a modern person) villains, shiny special effects (dragons), and none of the mystery and politics that makes the rest of Game of Thrones, well Game of Thrones.

That is why I am pretty much bored with her plotline, even though I am glad she is on the show if she is what allows the entire thing to be mainstream and big budget:yeshrug:

On another note I can't wait to see further developments in the Hound/ Arya plot line

Hound+chicken.gif
If you watch close you can see the two guards runs away past the slaves. Its tough to see cause its a quick edit and its dark, but they didnt just disappear. They said fukk THIS and jetted

EDIT: lmao at all this unintentional ether for those that follow TargSet:russ:

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
Just re-watched ep 4 in the confines of my own solitude & It all makes sense now with the ' Kill Master' writing on the wall , Grey Worm was shown learning to speak English in the earlier scene , and it could be inferred also to read / write. So, he could have put the graffiti, and not really so much to encourage the slaves, but to scare the masters (as it would be assumed quite a lot of them were literate).

when you rewatch that scene you'll see the two soldiers running away while the slaves are running towards him

Daps
Thoros was the Red Priest that lit it, yeah. But Beric used it to fight The Hound

I thought you were talking about the fight during Balon's rebellion, which they didn't show, obviously, but is mentioned...I had been wondering how he fit in all this cuz of that sword, it sounds like it's not really like the other one and viewed more as a gimmick.