Official Game of Thrones Season 4 Thread *The North Remembers*(NO SPOILERS!!)

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
another question

I've seen Azor Ahai's name before, but, to my knowledge, Jewhe's never mentioned in the show, yet. When was his story told in the book?

I have many questions about his story, but I feel like it's bordering on spoiling.... thing's like was a First Man or a child of the forest or from somewhere else?

I don't think it is a spoiler, it is only a prophecy/legendary hero/legendary work of fiction/unknown

Will spoiler tag some info anyway even though I don't think you will be upset about it

Azor Ahai was a legendary hero who lived approximately eight thousand years before Aegon's Landing. [Citation Needed] It is said that during the midst of The Long Night, Azor Ahai rose up and defeated the Others, wielding a sword of fire, called Lightbringer.
Darkness lay over the world and a hero, Azor Ahai, was chosen to fight against it. To fight the darkness, Azor Ahai needed to forge a hero's sword. [3]He laboured for thirty days and thirty nights until it was done. However, when he went to temper it in water, the sword broke. He was not one to give up easily, so he started over.

The second time he took fifty days and fifty nights to make the sword, even better than the first. To temper it this time, he captured a lion and drove the sword into its heart, but once more the steel shattered. [4]

The third time, with a heavy heart, for he knew beforehand what he must do to finish the blade, he worked for a hundred days and nights until it was finished. This time, he called for his wife, Nissa Nissa, and asked her to bare her breast. He drove his sword into her living heart, her soul combining with the steel of the sword, creating Lightbringer.

Now, this all appears to be cut from the TV series. But in principle, it still exists it is just unnamed. Here is a slightly more spoilery description of how it relates to the series, but once again I do not think this is spoilers at all because this is all just prophecy we have been given a long time ago

According to prophecy, in ancient books of Asshai[5] from over five thousand years ago, Azor Ahai is to be reborn again to challenge the Others. This will occur after a long summer when an evil, cold darkness descends upon the world.[5] It is said that wielding Lightbringer once again, Azor Ahai will stand against the Others and if he fails, the world fails with him,

Melisandre believes that Stannis is Azor Ahai reborn. There are a ton of theories about whether or not this is true, or whether or not someone else actually is Azor Ahai, or whether or not Azor Ahai is just complete bullshyt

Daps
I don't think it is a spoiler, it is only a prophecy/legendary hero/legendary work of fiction/unknown

Will spoiler tag some info anyway even though I don't think you will be upset about it

Azor Ahai was a legendary hero who lived approximately eight thousand years before Aegon's Landing. [Citation Needed] It is said that during the midst of The Long Night, Azor Ahai rose up and defeated the Others, wielding a sword of fire, called Lightbringer.
Darkness lay over the world and a hero, Azor Ahai, was chosen to fight against it. To fight the darkness, Azor Ahai needed to forge a hero's sword. [3]He laboured for thirty days and thirty nights until it was done. However, when he went to temper it in water, the sword broke. He was not one to give up easily, so he started over.

The second time he took fifty days and fifty nights to make the sword, even better than the first. To temper it this time, he captured a lion and drove the sword into its heart, but once more the steel shattered. [4]

The third time, with a heavy heart, for he knew beforehand what he must do to finish the blade, he worked for a hundred days and nights until it was finished. This time, he called for his wife, Nissa Nissa, and asked her to bare her breast. He drove his sword into her living heart, her soul combining with the steel of the sword, creating Lightbringer.

Now, this all appears to be cut from the TV series. But in principle, it still exists it is just unnamed. Here is a slightly more spoilery description of how it relates to the series, but once again I do not think this is spoilers at all because this is all just prophecy we have been given a long time ago

According to prophecy, in ancient books of Asshai[5] from over five thousand years ago, Azor Ahai is to be reborn again to challenge the Others. This will occur after a long summer when an evil, cold darkness descends upon the world.[5] It is said that wielding Lightbringer once again, Azor Ahai will stand against the Others and if he fails, the world fails with him,

Melisandre believes that Stannis is Azor Ahai reborn. There are a ton of theories about whether or not this is true, or whether or not someone else actually is Azor Ahai, or whether or not Azor Ahai is just complete bullshyt

Ya, it seems so important to the story, that's why I was wondering when it was revealed...like is it something they plan on revealing later (like through a character telling a story of the legend) or did they really cut it from the show.

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
another question

I've seen Azor Ahai's name before, but, to my knowledge, Jewhe's never mentioned in the show, yet. When was his story told in the book?

I have many questions about his story, but I feel like it's bordering on spoiling.... thing's like was a First Man or a child of the forest or from somewhere else?

It's not really spoiler territory cause nobody knows who he was. Melisandre says stannis is azhor azai reborn but there isn't much info besides that. The original was a hero with a flaming sword that he tempered and turned to magic by putting it thru his true love's heart. There's other snippets of info about him but I don't remember much. If u Google who he was u might stumble upon some spoilers tho so I wouldn't. U would have to be very careful and find a site that doesn't spoil past whatever season the show is on.

Peter Parker

Superstar
Daps
Just finished reading A Storm Of Swords, but I cant move on to the book thread without everything getting spoiled for me, and I cant speak here without spoiling shyt :sadcam:

736677488.jpg

Daps
It's not really spoiler territory cause nobody knows who he was. Melisandre says stannis is azhor azai reborn but there isn't much info besides that. The original was a hero with a flaming sword that he tempered and turned to magic by putting it thru his true love's heart. There's other snippets of info about him but I don't remember much. If u Google who he was u might stumble upon some spoilers tho so I wouldn't. U would have to be very careful and find a site that doesn't spoil past whatever season the show is on.

I know better than that lol, I stick to Game Of Thrones wikia and this thread.

I.have a feeling a lot of what Mellissandre has said has went over my head, in this regard. That happens a lot on this show when I rewatch old episodes after having learned more about the past.

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
Ya, it seems so important to the story, that's why I was wondering when it was revealed...like is it something they plan on revealing later (like through a character telling a story of the legend) or did they really cut it from the show.
The premise behind the story hasn't been cut, just the name Azor Ahai has been cut. There are a lot of prophecies and legends and foreshadowing that aren't named on the show, probably due to both time constraints and also because it would just be even more info for people to digest when they can't even keep up with character names as it is

When I watch the show, I see nothing that contradicts the books in terms of Melisandre and Stannis and Melisandre's belief in Stannis. The only difference is not explicitly stating the name. Except for one major thing.

I think you can feel safe reading this book-only material, as it all happens early in the books and has long been passed on the TV show:

In the books, Stannis wields a sword that glows and lights up and he calls it Lightbringer. This is his personal proof that he is Azor Ahai. But some people suspect it is just a trick that Melisandre is using to help gain support, and the sword isn't actually a new version of Lightbringer but rather a "glamour" (basically a magic trick). Stannis is NOT aware it is a trick, if it indeed is a trick

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Something that dawned on me last night too.....

Every single episode, the opening credits show Winterfell in its smoking ruins. We haven't seen Winterfell since Maester Luwin died. Every other location that they leave, they take out of the opening credits.

This tells me that Winterfell is extremely important to the overall story of the show.

This tells me that the Starks are extremely important to the mythology of the show

"Winter Is Coming".....it was proven last night that the White Walkers bring the cold with them. What if these words mean "White Walkers are coming?" :ohhh:

"There must always be a Stark in Winterfell".....these words are repeated over and over, it is almost like a 2nd family saying along with Winter is Coming. Why must there always be a Stark in Winterfell:ohhh:
the "secret" of the intro is

whatever set (families) will be in that episode, they will show their location in the intro

which is pointless at this point cause every ep shows at least one person from each family

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Hodor is a bytch brehs, he's only 2" shorter than the Mountain, he really should be one of the deadliest people in Westeros

mSUjE.jpg

The Mountain is a prime Shaq, while Hodor is a waste of height like Kendrick Perkins.
he's retarded tho

look at the 4th person tho!!! how they got bran laying down :russ: but put him at 4'9.. you mean he's supposed to be the same height as arya:dwillhuh:

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
the "secret" of the intro is

whatever set (families) will be in that episode, they will show their location in the intro

which is pointless at this point cause every ep shows at least one person from each family
No

It shows the current locations relevant to the show. It has nothing to do with the families. We have never seen Highgarden and the Tyrells have been there for 3 seasons. We have never seen Casterly Rock and the Lannisters are top characters