Official Game of Thrones Season 4 Thread *The North Remembers*(NO SPOILERS!!)

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
@DonkeyPuncher718

Your rightful king jacking balls from kids? :dahell:
yW5aQul.gif

:dead: :dead: :dead:
trolled him like he was gonna give it to him and didnt.
stannis momma aint shiet!
:laff:

naaaah this is the shyt that takes this GoT thing from an epic show to a legendary experience

We talk about the characters inside the story as much as the actors outside of it.

When I seen Arya crip walkn on the set, I knew we had something special on our hands

y5e9Xv0.gif
:ohhh:

OOOO KILL EM

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
I thought Ser Barristan Selmy was widely considered to be the greatest swordsman
In westeros history? I googled the top 10 swordsman, I think I may have came across
A minor spoiler but many lists had Jamie in the top 5 but Barristan in the bottom 5
Arthur Dayne definitely #1 by Ned's account and George seems to hint at it too in an interview

Ser Barristan should be top 5 in my opinion. Can you post the list in spoiler tags so we can discuss the non-spoilery names?

HookersandIceCream

#TeamOrange
Daps
Reppin
Wherever whores go.....
I thought Ser Barristan Selmy was widely considered to be the greatest swordsman
In westeros history? I googled the top 10 swordsman, I think I may have came across
A minor spoiler but many lists had Jamie in the top 5 but Barristan in the bottom 5

That boy had wanted to be Ser Arthur Dayne, but someplace along the way he had become the Smiling Knight instead :wow:

DC_Hitta

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Arthur Dayne definitely #1 by Ned's account and George seems to hint at it too in an interview

Ser Barristan should be top 5 in my opinion. Can you post the list in spoiler tags so we can discuss the non-spoilery names?

I haven't read any of the books btw. Can u try and avoid any potential major spoilers if possible?

1. Ser Arthur Dayne
2. Oberyn Martell
3. Jamie Lannister
4. Ser Barristan Selmy
5. The Hound
6. Syrio Forel
7. The Mountain
8. Bronn
9. Rob Baratheon
10. The Blackfish

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
I haven't read any of the books btw. Can u try and avoid any potential major spoilers if possible?

1. Ser Arthur Dayne
2. Oberyn Martell
3. Jamie Lannister
4. Ser Barristan Selmy
5. The Hound
6. Syrio Forel
7. The Mountain
8. Bronn
9. Rob Baratheon
10. The Blackfish

I always try to be mindful of that and discuss stuff only from the perspective of what we have already seen on the show. Sometimes it is hard to block out future events.

I don't see any potential spoilers on that list though, but I think #2 is what you might think to be spoilerish. It really isn't though, the show just doesn't really have time to get into character-backstory and world building.

But looking at the list, that shyt is wack as fukk. "Do you actually read books or just skim through em" - Jay-Z to whoever wrote that list

1. Ser Arthur Dayne -- Yes
2. Omitted due to possible spoiler -- No fukking way, dude doesn't even use swords as far as I know :what:

3. Jaime Lannister -- Top 10 maybe, but no way #3. Barristan in his prime would have mopped the floor with him.

4. Barristan Selmy -- Yes

5. The Hound -- In the discussion, but not above his brother The Mountain. Similar skillsets but The Mountain is much bigger and stronger

6. Syrio Forel -- Based on what? They are really reaching with this one here. There is nothing that indicates that Syrio is even a top 10 swordsman in Braavos, let alone the entire world

7. The Mountain -- Yes, probably needs to be higher

8. Bronn -- :mjlol:.....a great sellsword, yes, but cmon. Once again, nothing to indicate he deserves to be this high. Maybe a top 10 currently alive in Westeros, but even that would be a tough sell

9. Robert Baratheon -- Hell no, dude didn't even use a sword he used a warhammer. His skill was in large melee's, where he could overpower and overwhelm with brute strength. Beating Rhaegar doesn't make him top 10

10. The Blackfish -- I must be missing something because I see nothing to indicate he should even be in the discussion

Notably missing from the list:

Khal Drago -- A fukking beast 1 on 1, in a no armor fight he might be top 5. Tough to say how he would fare against someone with armor. He counts as a swordsman because the Dothraki Arkah (spelling?) weapons are supposed to be longswords with a curved end

Numerous Kingsguard -- The kingsguard throughout history certainly has better swordsman than some on this list

The Smiling Knight -- Was the "Mountain of his time" only even meaner. Was better than a young Jaime Lannister but tough to say how he would fare against a prime Jaime

DC_Hitta

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
I always try to be mindful of that and discuss stuff only from the perspective of what we have already seen on the show. Sometimes it is hard to block out future events.

I don't see any potential spoilers on that list though, but I think #2 is what you might think to be spoilerish. It really isn't though, the show just doesn't really have time to get into character-backstory and world building.

But looking at the list, that shyt is wack as fukk. "Do you actually read books or just skim through em" - Jay-Z to whoever wrote that list

1. Ser Arthur Dayne -- Yes
2. Omitted due to possible spoiler -- No fukking way, dude doesn't even use swords as far as I know :what:

3. Jaime Lannister -- Top 10 maybe, but no way #3. Barristan in his prime would have mopped the floor with him.

4. Barristan Selmy -- Yes

5. The Hound -- In the discussion, but not above his brother The Mountain. Similar skillsets but The Mountain is much bigger and stronger

6. Syrio Forel -- Based on what? They are really reaching with this one here. There is nothing that indicates that Syrio is even a top 10 swordsman in Braavos, let alone the entire world

7. The Mountain -- Yes, probably needs to be higher

8. Bronn -- :mjlol:.....a great sellsword, yes, but cmon. Once again, nothing to indicate he deserves to be this high. Maybe a top 10 currently alive in Westeros, but even that would be a tough sell

9. Robert Baratheon -- Hell no, dude didn't even use a sword he used a warhammer. His skill was in large melee's, where he could overpower and overwhelm with brute strength. Beating Rhaegar doesn't make him top 10

10. The Blackfish -- I must be missing something because I see nothing to indicate he should even be in the discussion

Notably missing from the list:

Khal Drago -- A fukking beast 1 on 1, in a no armor fight he might be top 5. Tough to say how he would fare against someone with armor. He counts as a swordsman because the Dothraki Arkah (spelling?) weapons are supposed to be longswords with a curved end

Numerous Kingsguard -- The kingsguard throughout history certainly has better swordsman than some on this list

The Smiling Knight -- Was the "Mountain of his time" only even meaner. Was better than a young Jaime Lannister but tough to say how he would fare against a prime Jaime

Thanks for the breakdown. I got that list from some blog it was top 10 warriors not just swordsman so that was my mistake.

I was skimming through some forums and here are some more names that were thrown in the discussion

Loras Tyrell
Garlan Tyrell
Victorian Greyjoy
Daemon Blackfyre
Gerald Hightower
Balon Swann

Jon Snow Wtf?????

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
it was top 10 warriors not just swordsman

Loras Tyrell
Garlan Tyrell
Victorian Greyjoy
Daemon Blackfyre
Gerald Hightower
Balon Swann

Jon Snow Wtf?????

Oh OK, that makes more sense. Then yeah, Robert Baratheon would maybe deserve to be on it then. Definitely Khal Drogo should have made the list. But having it a top ten warriors list makes it even more confusing, if they are including historical characters such as Arthur Dayne then Bronn should not even be sniffing around anywhere in the discussion

:lolbron:at Jon Snow.....I'm a Stark stan but damn that is some dedicated fanboy shyt