Official Game of Thrones Season 4 Thread *The North Remembers*(NO SPOILERS!!)

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
TUH brought me back down to earth on this one. I forgot I was watching a show with fetus jars & pregnant women stabbed in the stomach.

There is just something off about a woman being raped, regardless of the context. I don't think people have a right to be outraged. But I do think folks have a right to be disturbed. You should be disturbed. Just like some folks were disturbed by Danny's messiah scene at the end of season 1. The director isn't stupid. He knew he wanted that scene to operate in the "grey area." It makes for a fascinating dialogue.

However, like I just told Detroit Wave, the real story should be how the internet is talking about the rape scene.

In the book it was consensual. In the show she was raped.In real life, that is rape.

The moment a female says no, it is rape. Ripping her clothes off is rape. Physically overpowering her is rape. When she tells you "No" again and you say I don't care, that is rape. Folks lying about Jamie raping her is making the feminist point that much stronger.
If your description describes rape, then it was rape in the books too because all that shyt happened in the book too

Thats been my stance from the start anyway. Its either rape both times or rape neither time . The whole conversation continues to be mad annoying, the scene will be forgotten by next week

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Thats what im saying. Dude has done some absolutely abhorrent things in this story and people are pretending like everyone is supposed to like him in the end because he does some good things from time to time. fukk him. Some things you dont get a do over on. If you found out someone had 3 kids with their sister would anything they possibly did later in life cause you to just let that slide?

:whoa: We gotta change standards for the show though. I mean I do it... :guilty: Why Jaime takes all the flack tho?

The Hound cut a kid in half and laughed about it. Yet he has his stans.

Bronn flat out said he'd kill babies if there was money in it but he has stans.

Why can't nikkas stan Jaime? :to:

Last edited:

Detroit Wave

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The D
I cant speak on the books because i havent read them yet :manny:

Ill pay the legal fees of any nikka in this thread if they do exactly what Jamie did to Cersei on the show and beat the rape charge :pachaha:

Dumb nikkas in 2014 dont know the meaning of rape. You could be balls deep in CONSENSUAL sex and if the chick says gtfo my p*ssy, you have to pull out or its rape :manny:

NoMayo15

All Star
Daps
:stopitslime: He lost a fukking hand preventing a rape.

I don't get this line of reasoning. Nor whoever said "no true rapist is never okay with rape". Do you think rapists, even today, are saying rape is "okay"? I think for the most part everyone acknowledges it's demonstrably wrong, but in the mind of a rapist, at that moment, their personal benefit outweighs the harm they cause to their victim. Furthermore, seeing a friend or stranger potentially being raped by a group of men and wanting to stop that is a lot different than being rejected by your lover, and deciding to rape them. Jamie probably didn't see anything wrong with forcing himself on her .... because he views Cersei as HIS. Just because he was against a rape in one instance, doesn't mean he isn't capable of the act himself. Just like he objected to killing Tyrion ... he might be against killing his brother, but that doesn't mean he's against murdering members of his family .... we saw earlier how he killed his cousin. You guys just don't have a very sound argument against Jamie ever raping someone.

LostOne

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
+1 on this.

We now live in a world where even FICTITIOUS acts and story-telling are offending real life citizens. It is a TV drama. People need to stop running their agenda's up the flag pole every time they see something that is make believe that offends them. You'd think with all the talk and demands for answers HBO aired a live rape. SMH at this PC culture we have evolved to, where even fiction can't be fiction.....

"The Birth of a Nation" was fiction, it still had the power to recreate the KKK. Stories have meaning and real effects in the world. They don't exist on their own but are meant to influence the viewer.

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI
If your description describes rape, then it was rape in the books too because all that shyt happened in the book too

Thats been my stance from the start anyway. Its either rape both times or rape neither time . The whole conversation continues to be mad annoying, the scene will be forgotten by next week

I'm not a book reader. I was quoting other book readers who said it happened differently and in a consensual way. If not, then I will def side with you.

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
:whoa: We gotta change standards for the show though. I mean I do it... :guilty: Why Jaime takes all the flack tho?

The Hound cut a kid half and laughed about it. Yet he has his stans.

Bronn flat out said he'd kill babies if there was money in it but he has stans.

Why can't nikkas stan Jaime? :to:

Cause people arent pretending like those guys are noble. They grimy, so if you like grimy characters then thats cool. There isnt some movement to make the Hound seem like an upstanding gentleman.

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
As a kid, the movie scene that made me laugh the most ever was Indiana Jones shooting the swordsman in Raiders.

New Daario earned some respect from me for that...

Also, that sound when Khaleesi does some boss shyt (it happened before when she said Dracarys) :ohlawd:

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Cause people arent pretending like those guys are noble. They grimy, so if you like grimy characters then thats cool. There isnt some movement to make the Hound seem like an upstanding gentleman.

:to:

As a kid, the movie scene that made me laugh the most ever was Indiana Jones shooting the swordsman in Raiders.

After seeing that I think he's going to be okay. :obama:

Cheesy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Hometown

I laughed harder at the comedic timing of the father getting an arrow through his skull:lolbron: but this might be just because I was spoiled by how that scene in front of Mereen plays out in the books. I wasn't annoyed by the new Daario before because he barely had any screen time but I agree with most of the complaints, dude lacks the aura of a badass. Also, because he is Dutch I get put off by the accent, same for Mel, even though both barely have a dutch accent, I can't unhear it:yeshrug:

NoMayo15

All Star
Daps
Finally, someone saw it.

All of this damn whining... :snoop:

@klientel It doesn't really matter. When she says no, when she resists, any forced sex is rape. It doesn't matter if she later helps you take your pants off. She could say that she feared you would kill her if she didn't do that ... and you'd still be fukked. Now, we are talking about, you know... the Middle Ages, women basically are property and have no rights, but it is what it is. If you have sexual relations like this now, then good luck to ya...... hopefully you won't ever be a ball player or someone important b/c you're really gamblin with your life.