Official Game of Thrones Season 4 Thread *The North Remembers*(NO SPOILERS!!)

Type Username Here

Not a new member
Daps
Reppin
humans
I really don't understand the outrage over that rape scene.

Forget the books for a second. This is a show that has shown babies and pregnant women being stabbed. Think about that for a second.

This fictional world has evil in it. They are supposed to tone it down because feminist-extremists want to decry everything in existence as a catalyst for real life rape?

It's astonishing to me that this is even an issue.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You

Forget the books for a second. This is a show that has shown babies and pregnant women being stabbed. Think about that for a second.

This fictional world has evil in it. They are supposed to tone it down because feminist-extremists want to decry everything in existence as a catalyst for real life rape?

I still say the main reason for all the outrage is that chicks want to fangirl over Jaime because he's "dreamy" and they don't like to be reminded that the character is a twisted piece of shyt just as much as he is an alright dude.

Type Username Here

Not a new member
Daps
Reppin
humans
I still say the main reason for all the outrage is that chicks want to fangirl over Jaime because he's "dreamy" and they don't like to be reminded that the character is a twisted piece of shyt just as much as he is an alright dude.

Nah man, you didn't read some of the shyt out there. There is this new twisted "Rape-culture" movement going around that lacks all logical sense. It goes beyond being/not being a fan of the show or any character.

It's perverse really.

pickles

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang
Mannnn fukk those feminist hoes. This show is filled with violence, got nikkas getting their heads shopped off, babies being feed to creatures in the forest, cannibalism etc, but a rape happens and they lose their fukken minds. :pacspit:

That I think is the difference between American and European movies. Them European nikkas show that shyt, they don't give a fukk. Rape is violence, here in America, some dumb nikkas think it is rough sex.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Nah man, you didn't read some of the shyt out there. There is this new twisted "Rape-culture" movement going around that lacks all logical sense. It goes beyond being/not being a fan of the show or any character.

It's perverse really.
For real? They getting that deep with this stuff?:snoop:
I saw the initial outrage on twitter/tumblr on Sunday and night and have now just tuned that shyt out. Now I am glad I did.

Type Username Here

Not a new member
Daps
Reppin
humans
For real? They getting that deep with this stuff?:snoop:
I saw the initial outrage on twitter/tumblr on Sunday and night and have now just tuned that shyt out. Now I am glad I did.

Yea, be glad you did. There is this new-wave feminist movement out there that is just abhorrent. It's really extremism that lacks ANY logical cohesion.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
fukk all this :cape: for that rapist, attempted child murder, successful kin killer, and from-the-back King Slayer Jamie Lannister. :pacspit:

Take that shyt to Marvin's room :camby:

:russ:

Damn, dog. We got even more demonic characters on the show but you single Jaime out every time?

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
Question that someone here could answer. For the nikka that is the right hand man to Stannis. How did Stannis know he could read? I thought ol'boy was afraid he would get murked if Stannis found out.
He lied and said his son taught him before he was killed on the Blackwater so he could be a better Hand.

It only would have gone too far if he got up and bussed on Joffery.
:deadmanny:

McTwerk

Dreams and Nightmares
Daps
Reppin
In the Cloud

+1 on this.

We now live in a world where even FICTITIOUS acts and story-telling are offending real life citizens. It is a TV drama. People need to stop running their agenda's up the flag pole every time they see something that is make believe that offends them. You'd think with all the talk and demands for answers HBO aired a live rape. SMH at this PC culture we have evolved to, where even fiction can't be fiction.....

Shaman

Poet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
QC

I don't think anyone is objecting to the idea of rape being represented on this show; I think people are upset at the execution - how and why it's been done. It's the imitative fallacy: a show CAN explore a misogynistic world without being misogynistic itself. But people are worried this show is leaning towards the latter; and when the dumbass director says things like "nah, see, it was consensual at the end cuz she wrapped her legs around him :troll:" it lends itself to that interpretation (that it's a misogynistic show instead of a show exploring misogyny). What makes it even more :mindblown: is that if they hadn't deviated so much from the book in that scene, they would have been able to more accurately realize their vision of a consensual "power struggle."

I think it's telling that instead of flatout defending the scene, grrm's response was essentially a subtle "that's what y'all get for changing sh!t :mjpls:"

Last edited:

Type Username Here

Not a new member
Daps
Reppin
humans
I don't think anyone is objecting to the idea of rape being represented on this show;

You haven't read some of the criticism. That's exactly what is occurring.

I think people are upset at the execution - how and why it's been done. It's the imitative fallacy: a show CAN explore a misogynistic world without being misogynistic itself.

Have you honestly read the criticism out there? I make no argument against how some people are upset about the ambiguity and deviation from the book. That seems logical. I'm talking about the stupid "Rape-culture" argument/criticism. Look it up.

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI

+1 on this.

We now live in a world where even FICTITIOUS acts and story-telling are offending real life citizens. It is a TV drama. People need to stop running their agenda's up the flag pole every time they see something that is make believe that offends them. You'd think with all the talk and demands for answers HBO aired a live rape. SMH at this PC culture we have evolved to, where even fiction can't be fiction.....

TUH brought me back down to earth on this one. I forgot I was watching a show with fetus jars & pregnant women stabbed in the stomach.

There is just something off about a woman being raped, regardless of the context. I don't think people have a right to be outraged. But I do think folks have a right to be disturbed. You should be disturbed. Just like some folks were disturbed by Danny's messiah scene at the end of season 1. The director isn't stupid. He knew he wanted that scene to operate in the "grey area." It makes for a fascinating dialogue.

However, like I just told Detroit Wave, the real story should be how the internet is talking about the rape scene.

In the book it was consensual. In the show she was raped.In real life, that is rape.

The moment a female says no, it is rape. Ripping her clothes off is rape. Physically overpowering her is rape. When she tells you "No" again and you say I don't care, that is rape. Folks lying about Jamie raping her is making the feminist point that much stronger.

Diunx

Probably drunk
Daps
Reppin
nightset
I don't give a fukk about what tv show plebs think, but as a book fan I hated that scene because it goes completely against Cersei and Jaime as characters and it was a retarded change made only for shock value.

DC_Hitta

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
I've been rooting for the Starks ever since Bran got pushed out the building.

Ned and Robb were my nikkas I hate it had to be them..:sadcam:

They went through that so Arya, Sansa, Bran, Rickon, and Jon Snow wouldn't have to go through that. :smugfavre:

#Starkset :salute: