Official Game of Thrones Season 4 Thread *The North Remembers*(NO SPOILERS!!)

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Its not much of a war. Its the Starks outchea winnin and the other sets fightin for the table scraps

#Starkset #Wolfgang #TeamBodyBag

#GetYourWeightUpWesteros

r5b.gif

:dead:

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
The sad thing is a lot of these sets still livin in the past actin like the Starks aint out here droppin bodies, dropping magic, droppin panties, and droppin outta King's Landing for good :sas1:

Please, tell me more about that L we caught 3 seasons ago :sas2:

Anything else? :smugfavre:Didn't think so

Facts are facts, and the fact is that its a block party in Winterfell and if you didn't RSVP before this season, you aint welcome:smugfavre:

We got sets starving for armies and money. We got sets starving for ships. We got sets starving for our fair maidens. We got sets starving to find the true Wardens and Kings Bran and Rickon so they don't crumble. We got sets starving to stop giving themselves L's. But through it all.......the block party is poppin and #StarkSet is just gettin started......

...........:sas1:

2d1sgo8.jpg

............:sas2:

Box Cutta

Bumbling Sidekick
Daps
Reppin
Sanitation Department

So...just watched this again and hmmmm...

Last night while watching the episode...I actually didn't think too much of it. While it definitely came off as physical...I kind of viewed it in light of the setting...just thought it was some rough, medieval, pre-suffrage type of sex...on some "that's just how it always went down in those days" type of shyt. Hell...most men know that sometimes you have to cross some boundaries in real ass life, but lets save that for another topic....

I didn't really get all the hoopla after it aired at first. Was kinda feelin' like the whole thing was agenda driven...and while some of it certainly is...after this re-watch...even I can't deny that Jamie came off as real grimy for that.

People who know me from other forums know I'm not particularly fond of most feminist rhetoric....but even I can't vouch for this. Nicca is literally saying "I don't care" as the screen fades to black....:russ:

Still, the director is saying it was consensual....:sas1:

May have been posted before but whatevs :

'Game of Thrones' director says rape scene was 'meant to be consensual' - Zap2it

Following initial interviews done with "Game of Thrones" director Alex Graves about the controversial sex scene in Season 4, episode 3 "Breaker of Chains," Vulture followed up with him to allow him to have a chance to explain himself. Many fans and critics viewed the Jaime/Cersei scene in question as non-consensual rape, but Graves stands by his initial stance that the sex scene is supposed to end with Cersei wanting the sex.

"What was talked about was that it was not consensual as it began, but Jaime and Cersei, their entire sexual relationship has been based on and interwoven with risk. And Jaime is very much ready to have sex with her because he hasn't made love to her since he got back, and she's sort of cajoled into it, and it is consensual," Graves explains. "Ultimately, it was meant to be consensual. [The writers] tried to complicate it a little more with her rejecting his new hand and the state of things."

There has been some speculation that perhaps Graves did not edit together the cut of the scene, and that is why it didn't turn out the way that he initially described it. Other people suggested that perhaps the full scene was cut short in the final cut of the episode. But Graves does say this is the scene as he intended it.

"It's my cut of the scene," he says. "The consensual part of it was that she wraps her legs around him, and she's holding on to the table, clearly not to escape but to get some grounding in what's going on. And also, the other thing that I think is clear before they hit the ground is she starts to make out with him. The big things to us that were so important, and that hopefully were not missed, is that before he rips her undergarment, she's way into kissing him back. She's kissing him aplenty."

Coming back to the sexual politics of "Game of Thrones," Graves says he personally believes this scene -- and previous ones where Cersei denied Jaime sexual intercourse -- are her ways of manipulating Jaime. He also suggests that Jaime "found a soul mate" in Brienne that "he'll never recover from."

Graves words likely won't sway people who initially criticized the "Game of Thrones" scene. Zap2it reached out to comment from showrunners David Benioff and D.B. Weiss, but they declined to speak about specific Season 4 episodes.

The director is saying that she wanted it....so we shouldn't be expecting some traumatized Cersei.

*Someone* fukked up....I just hope nobody is punished behind the scenes for this. Tough scene with a TON going on...they shoulda thrown a close-up of Cersei kissing him or something. But I guess they thought it was gravy....:patrice:

FrederickDouglas

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It was rape.

It's better than in the books. At first she said "No" but Jamie was going to rape her anyway and THEN she said to do it right before penetration.

Regardless of what she said in the book or the show, she was getting fukked. Jamie was not going to rip her clothes off and then wait for permission to finish the deed, regardless of what book readers may think. So it's an accurate reflection of the character Jamie AND it actually goes counter to the dangerous idea that "no actually means yes" that the book seems to support. The director should have kept his fukking mouth shut like the writers did and not try to make it seem like the clear rape scene was consensual.

Box Cutta

Bumbling Sidekick
Daps
Reppin
Sanitation Department
It was rape.

It's better than in the books. At first she said "No" but Jamie was going to rape her anyway and THEN she said to do it right before penetration.

Regardless of what she said in the book or the show, she was getting fukked. Jamie was not going to rip her clothes off and then wait for permission to finish the deed, regardless of what book readers may think. So it's an accurate reflection of the character Jamie AND it actually goes counter to the dangerous idea that "no actually means yes" that the book seems to support. The director should have kept his fukking mouth shut like the writers did and not try to make it seem like the clear rape scene was consensual.
Interesting...I don't think I've seen this perspective anywhere else.

So you're saying that the book was supporting those bluuuuured liiiiiines....:noah:

Of course, the show has now gotten rid of lines altogether....:dead:

Foxmulder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Long Island,NY
It was rape.

"No," she says weakly when his lips moved down her neck, "Not here. The septons. . ."

"The Others can take the Septons." He kissed her again, kissed her silent, kissed her until she moaned. Then he knocked the candles aside and lifted her up on the Mother's altar, pushing up her skirts and the silken shift beneath. She pounded on his chest with feeble fists, murmuring about the risk, the danger, and about their father, about the septons, about the wrath of the Gods. He never heard her. He undid his breeches and climbed up and pushed her bare white legs apart. One hand slid up her thigh and underneath her smallclothes. When he tore them away, he saw that her moon's blood was on her, but it made no difference.

"Hurry," she was whispering now, "quickly, quickly, now, do it now, do me now. Jaime Jaime Jaime. Her hands helped guide him. "Yes," Cersei said as he thrust, "my brother, sweet brother, yes like that, yes, I have you, you're home now, you're home." She kissed his ear and stroked his short bristly hair.

:patrice:That's the scene in the book.I think it's pretty clear in the books it wasn't rape.

FrederickDouglas

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
"No," she says weakly when his lips moved down her neck, "Not here. The septons. . ."

"The Others can take the Septons." He kissed her again, kissed her silent, kissed her until she moaned. Then he knocked the candles aside and lifted her up on the Mother's altar, pushing up her skirts and the silken shift beneath. She pounded on his chest with feeble fists, murmuring about the risk, the danger, and about their father, about the septons, about the wrath of the Gods. He never heard her. He undid his breeches and climbed up and pushed her bare white legs apart. One hand slid up her thigh and underneath her smallclothes. When he tore them away, he saw that her moon's blood was on her, but it made no difference.

"Hurry," she was whispering now, "quickly, quickly, now, do it now, do me now. Jaime Jaime Jaime. Her hands helped guide him. "Yes," Cersei said as he thrust, "my brother, sweet brother, yes like that, yes, I have you, you're home now, you're home." She kissed his ear and stroked his short bristly hair.

:patrice:That's the scene in the book.I think it's pretty clear in the books it wasn't rape.

Only after he ripped off her period stained panties did she consent. Up until that point, he ignored her protestations. So, yes, technically it wasn't rape because she consented before penetration, but the context obviously shows that he would've fukked her whether or not she consented.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Its not much of a war. Its the Starks outchea winnin and the other sets fightin for the table scraps

#Starkset #Wolfgang #TeamBodyBag

#GetYourWeightUpWesteros

r5b.gif
Where is the video for that gif, man? I have to see the full thing because cuz was dancing his ass off.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Only after he ripped off her period stained panties did she consent. Up until that point, he ignored her protestations. So, yes, technically it wasn't rape because she consented before penetration, but the context obviously shows that he would've fukked her whether or not she consented.
It wasn't rape in the book...she protested initially because they would get caught fukking out in the open and then quickly got just as into it as Jaime was. How are you getting rape from that passage that has been posted in here from the book is a mystery to me.
The show def was a rape though regardless of what the director says.