Official Game of Thrones Season 4 Thread *The North Remembers*(NO SPOILERS!!)

FrederickDouglas

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It wasn't rape in the book...she protested initially because they would get caught fukking out in the open and then quickly got just as into it as Jaime was. How are you getting rape from that passage that has been posted in here from the book is a mystery to me.
The show def was a rape though regardless of what the director says.

I just said it wasn't rape because she consented at the last second. That does not change Jamie's intentions. He was going to fukk her anyway REGARDLESS OF HER CONSENT.

My point is that his actions on the show are consistent with his character in the book.

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
see the whole thing with stannis, the whole reason nobody liked him and even his brother didn't want to back him, is that stannis has a one track mind. i know ya hate the b-word, but in the books there is a character in the nights watch called donal noye who was a smith for the baratheon house. he describes stannis, robert, and renly as

Robert was the true steel. Stannis is pure iron, black and hard and strong, yes, but brittle, the way iron gets. He'll break before he bends. And Renly, that one, he's copper, bright and shiny, pretty to look at but not worth all that much at the end of the day

thats why his own lords wouldn't raise their banners for him. he is a petty man who doesnt work with others. to be a lord or a king u have to show some kind of bend. an example of this is the way he handled the robb situation. he put a curse on him to die and called him a usurper before finding out robb wasnt even interested in the throne. robb just wanted his sisters back.

i mean shyt when your own brothers and all the lords sworn to ur house dont even like u, what kind of loyalty are u gonna have from anybody? davos is one of the only ones loyal to him. a king inspires loyalty and stannis doesnt inspire shyt. even davos would toss his ass to the bushes if he would have burned gendry alive.

rino

Rookie
Daps
the thing i ain't comfortable with bout jamie takin cersei like that is that it directly contradicts his character development over last season
this the same nikka who stopped brienne from getting raped at the cost of a fukkin hand
brienne brehs

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
the thing i ain't comfortable with bout jamie takin cersei like that is that it directly contradicts his character development over last season
this the same nikka who stopped brienne from getting raped at the cost of a fukkin hand
brienne brehs

i think the whole rape thing was mishandled. just a mistake on their part. they shoulda shown her giving in. i mean its pretty apparent from season 1 that they have that kind of rough sex relationship. i mean shyt, lady stark found cersei's hairs in that tower bran fell from. nikka was hitting it doggy and pulling on her hair and slapping her ass. her ass was into that rough shyt, just not at that particular moment. they just some fukked up in the head evil white folks.

rino

Rookie
Daps
i think the whole rape thing was mishandled. just a mistake on their part. they shoulda shown her giving in. i mean its pretty apparent from season 1 that they have that kind of rough sex relationship. i mean shyt, lady stark found cersei's hairs in that tower bran fell from. nikka was hitting it doggy and pulling on her hair and slapping her ass. her ass was into that rough shyt, just not at that particular moment. they just some fukked up in the head evil white folks.
yeah forreal them nikkas demonic as fukk
i get what they were goin for but shyt didn't end up translating to the screen very well
the feminists being really extra with this shyt on twitter and tumblr
tho it was unnecessary and felt it was done for the sake of shock value for me
hbo always been :whoa: with some of their sex scenes

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
yeah forreal them nikkas demonic as fukk
i get what they were goin for but shyt didn't end up translating to the screen very well
the feminists being really extra with this shyt on twitter and tumblr
tho it was unnecessary and felt it was done for the sake of shock value for me
hbo always been :whoa: with some of their sex scenes

yea HBO loves crossing the line. shyt they had brother and sister sex before in that show rome and i may be wrong but i think they even hinted at mother daughter shyt.

OH YEA not to mention jimmy darmody on boardwalk empire banging his mom :pachaha:

rino

Rookie
Daps
yea HBO loves crossing the line. shyt they had brother and sister sex before in that show rome and i may be wrong but i think they even hinted at mother daughter shyt.

OH YEA not to mention jimmy darmody on boardwalk empire banging his mom :pachaha:
the sex scenes on boardwalk empire nasty as fukk :demonic:
even worse than the shyt on got
i got no problem with dark storytelling but shyt feels more like sensationalism sometimes

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Here are GRR Martin's comments on the Jaime/Cersei sex or rape scene:

“I think the “butterfly effect” that I have spoken of so often was at work here. In the novels, Jaime is not present at Joffrey’s death, and indeed, Cersei has been fearful that he is dead himself, that she has lost both the son and the father/ lover/ brother. And then suddenly Jaime is there before her. Maimed and changed, but Jaime nonetheless. Though the time and place is wildly inappropriate and Cersei is fearful of discovery, she is as hungry for him as he is for her.

The whole dynamic is different in the show, where Jaime has been back for weeks at the least, maybe longer, and he and Cersei have been in each other’s company on numerous occasions, often quarreling. The setting is the same, but neither character is in the same place as in the books, which may be why Dan & David played the sept out differently. But that’s just my surmise; we never discussed this scene, to the best of my recollection.

Also, I was writing the scene from Jaime’s POV, so the reader is inside his head, hearing his thoughts. On the TV show, the camera is necessarily external. You don’t know what anyone is thinking or feeling, just what they are saying and doing.

If the show had retained some of Cersei’s dialogue from the books, it might have left a somewhat different impression — but that dialogue was very much shaped by the circumstances of the books, delivered by a woman who is seeing her lover again for the first time after a long while apart during which she feared he was dead. I am not sure it would have worked with the new timeline.
That’s really all I can say on this issue. The scene was always intended to be disturbing… but I do regret if it has disturbed people for the wrong reasons.”

George R.R. Martin responds to fan's concern over Jaime and Cersei's scene in "Breaker of Chains" - WinterIsComing.net - News and rumors about HBO's Game of Thrones

I agree with him on them not having Cersei verbalize her consent on the show making the scene more open for interpretation than the director intended.