Official Game of Thrones Season 4 Thread *The North Remembers*(NO SPOILERS!!)

Daps
Damn, you just created a paradox I think:ohhh:

If a b*stard king decrees himself to be legitimate, does the admission of b*stardry make his throne claim immediately void and thus make his declaration void too :ohhh:

Chick and the egg type shyt here :ohhh:

Wouldn't his 'legitimizing' make him a Lannister, tho. None of his parents are Baratheon.

Daps
Nah, I think that Cat was just saying she would treat him like a Stark, accept him. Only Robert could have legitimized him. But there would be no reason for Robert to do that, it is a rare practice and sort of taboo ever since an old Targaryen king legitimized all his b*stards while on his deathbed and caused a civil war within the Targaryen dynasty (the Blackfyre Rebellion)

I'll have to see if the scene is on YouTube, but I'm fairly certain she said she'd have Ned make him a Stark, and be done with it.

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI
Damn, you just created a paradox I think:ohhh:

If a b*stard king decrees himself to be legitimate, does the admission of b*stardry make his throne claim immediately void and thus make his declaration void too :ohhh:

Chick and the egg type shyt here :ohhh:

Right…so this is my thinking *as a non book reader*

Technically Joffrey can't because he's 1) illegitimate 2) not the oldest b*stard. If he were to make that decree, he would be admitting that from the moment his Father died, until the exact moment of his decree, Stannis was the rightful king. In essence, if Robert knew Joffrey wasn't his son, and he made the decree before he died, this war would be quite pointless.

With that said, as it stands now, technically Kelly C is the queen regent right? But because she can't have kids, the Targ blood line is officially dead. She's only a stand in, until she dies. So no matter what, if anybody wants to "rightfully" own the throne, both kelly c and stannis and stannis' daughter have to die. Once that's done, the baratheon name has no rightful heir and the throne is completely up for grabs. Right?

5StarElite

All Star
Daps
Reppin
In the ocean where the sharks be at
After the first ep I said that it was Sansa and Joffery's fool that killed him. :snoop: After watching the ep for the third time, I think it's obvious Olenna did it. Not sure why she did it because it doesn't seem like the Marells would benefit from it.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
What makes you say that she was 11?

I notice a lot of nikkas just guessing ages in this thread
she's only around 12 at this point in the 4th season breh :yeshrug: how the hell am i just guessing ages, are you assuming they're older because of the actors or something?

Jon still like 17-18 and sansa is around 15

Last edited:

iNad925

Imma let you finish, but WINTER IS COMING
Daps
Right…so this is my thinking *as a non book reader*

Technically Joffrey can't because he's 1) illegitimate 2) not the oldest b*stard. If he were to make that decree, he would be admitting that from the moment his Father died, until the exact moment of his decree, Stannis was the rightful king. In essence, if Robert knew Joffrey wasn't his son, and he made the decree before he died, this war would be quite pointless.

With that said, as it stands now, technically Kelly C is the queen regent right? But because she can't have kids, the Targ blood line is officially dead. She's only a stand in, until she dies. So no matter what, if anybody wants to "rightfully" own the throne, both kelly c and stannis and stannis' daughter have to die. Once that's done, the baratheon name has no rightful heir and the throne is completely up for grabs. Right?

:dahell::wtf: What. the. fukk. Did I just miss this? When did this happen?

Daps
Nah, I think that Cat was just saying she would treat him like a Stark, accept him. Only Robert could have legitimized him. But there would be no reason for Robert to do that, it is a rare practice and sort of taboo ever since an old Targaryen king legitimized all his b*stards while on his deathbed and caused a civil war within the Targaryen dynasty (the Blackfyre Rebellion)

Maybe it's different in the books, but she def implies that Ned could just make him a Stark.

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
:dahell::wtf: What. the. fukk. Did I just miss this? When did this happen?
I think that this was the implication with the whole Mirri Maz Durr shyt and the demon baby to save Drogo and the poisoned womb magic and all that shyt from season 1.

It may or may not be true, no one knows.

But here at #StarkSet, we treat it like fact :jawalrus::flabbydany::umad:

iNad925

Imma let you finish, but WINTER IS COMING
Daps
I think that this was the implication with the whole Mirri Maz Durr shyt and the demon baby to save Drogo and the poisoned womb magic and all that shyt from season 1.

It may or may not be true, no one knows.

But here at #StarkSet, we treat it like fact :jawalrus::flabbydany::umad:

Oh iight, it's never explicitely stated. Would kind of make shyt boring. I think one of the biggest plot twists coming up is who Danaerys remarries and who's children she has. I think that the baby's phenotypic characters will reveal further intricacies in the plot, ala "the seed is skrong". Damn this shyt gonn make my ::mindblown:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps

Maybe it's different in the books, but she def implies that Ned could just make him a Stark.

it seems it was a very emotional moment, as she was witnessing the suffering of sick child, and she felt her 'cursing' that child was the cause. at that moment, it seemed she wished Ned would "make him a Stark", but that really says nothing about how that would happen

and apparently she got over those feelings, and decided to treat Jon like shyt again after that