Official Game of Thrones Season 4 Thread *The North Remembers*(NO SPOILERS!!)

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
first of all shame on you for believing anything a L-ister says :usure:

dragons only get smaller when people put them in cages/holding cells, somebody still had to kill em for them to die off :ufdup:

and not all of em were on a leash iirc, some just caught that honest L, courtesy of dem guys
2505dhy.jpg

edit: just when i get used to the double post feature they cut it off? :beli:
hey i don't know.. i don't read the books

if that's not a spoiler.... could you tell me what the real story is on how the dragons got defeated?

if 3 took over an entire continent, i'm wondering how they managed to kill ALL of them

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset

if that's not a spoiler.... could you tell me what the real story is on how the dragons got defeated?

if 3 took over an entire continent, i'm wondering how they managed to kill ALL of them
dawg im just in here talkin shyt :snoop: you nikkas

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps

The majority of them were killed during the Dance of Dragons. GRRM released it as a short story called "The princess and the queen" outside of the ASOIAF books You can find it online to read.

That's all I'll say to avoid "spoiling" shyt even though it won't be shown on the show

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
dawg im just in here talkin shyt :snoop: you nikkas
but the funny thing is you were right lol.. i mean i had zero belief in your cages part.. but apparently the story is out there how they all died

i just read the short version and yea... they didn't die of natural causes.. but became smaller because of natural causes

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
but the funny thing is you were right lol.. i mean i had zero belief in your cages part.. but apparently the story is out there how they all died

i just read the short version and yea... they didn't die of natural causes.. but became smaller because of natural causes
:pachaha: i honestly didn't remember the story of how they went extinct i just remember the cage stuff cuz people kept having convos in here about how big dany's dragons could grow and them not being in a cage is a big factor

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
@Venem
There is no single story as to why they went extinct, and to list all the reasons would include spoilers.

No plot spoiler here and no further hints on the dragons, tagging anyway out of courtesy
I'm not sure if the show will ever actually dig any deeper into the other factors, hopefully they have the time. It could be incredibly important to the story, or it could just be an ultimately unimportant plot that gets cut from the show. Tough to say due to the way it is framed in the books.

Exiled Martian

Was young I couldn't do good, now I can't do Bad
Daps
Reppin
Swag-hili Shores
Just catching up with the recent medieval fukkery that has ensued in Season 4 so far.... found it comical When Olenna called out for someone to help the king, I wished she would have called out specifically for a maester...who would have been around getting his freak on had it not been for Cersei cockblocking him:

0ezw9x0.png

Just trying to get something straight. Roose Bolton married one of the daughters of the guy who betrayed the Starks because Robb wouldn't marry one of the daughters? I ask because I am trying to figure out why the guy who cut of Theons manhood called the chubby lady "mother". Was that the fatty Frey daughter Roose married?

Anyways Aside from the Purple Wedding.There is a new bad guy who seems to be just as cruel as Joffrey while being smarter or at least much much more cunning. I enjoyed those scenes especially Reeks inability to act against his new master upon hearing the news for the first time that Robb Stark was murdered and how Roose Bolton dangled the bait of Ramsay Snow being legitimized as a true Bolton if he finds the remaining start male Stark heirs.....It's a plot point that I think has a lot of potential, and it may be concluded in the show before it is in the novels.

Ramsay Snow is one fukked up twisted cat though...at one point I was getting sick of the cheesy sausage references whenever Theon has/had a scene.:scusthov:

giphy.gif

P.s: Gotta love O.G Hodor because of his intense dialogue and he's always there to lend a supportive "Hodor" just when you need it most....in fact can we all agree that Hodor is the Keyser Soze of GOT.

It is known....

....:lolbron:

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
in the immortal words of don michael corleone. if history proves anything... anyone can be killed

i mean you can come with all that... all it would take is one arrow to the chest, or a knife in your sleep

breh, having a tank or humvee 2000 years ago would be a pretty bad idea I think

first off, we'd all die within 2 days of some shyt like malaria/bubonic plague

secondly, the terrain would be a major factor. What part of the world you're in would be a MAJOR factor. You ain't using no tank in South America or Africa (depends on area) 2000 years ago. You wouldn't even get that bytch off of the beach. shyt you wouldn't even be able to use a tank in America before the 1700s.

third, them nikkas is savages out thurr :damn: The moment they realize the source of your power is from your humvee/tank, you'd be killed in your sleep. Ain't no Geneva Convention. Ain't no rules of engagement.

Defeat in battle, yes. Conquer and fukk their bytches, no. Not without a full squad.

i mean if i go rambo and try to conquer the whole world by myself i would be fukked within weeks no matter how many weapons i have. my course of action would be to impress and recruit enough people to my cause that i wont need to worry about falling asleep. maybe side with somebody like leonidas and blow up half the persian army from a hilltop :lolbron:. then i would have the loyal allegiance of the spartans. help em destroy all their enemies and minimize their losses and they would look to me like a god of war and sorcery.

as for lack of driving terrain, thats true but thats why i would get myself a nice any-terrain hummer with light armor ( i wont need much) and stay away from swamps and forrests. it could be done if its played smart, not if im on some head first charge into battle shyt thinking ima slay every warrior from europe to asia :heh:

Daps
I always just assumed that during piece time, the dragons weren't really worked as much and got smaller by genetics.

But after watching that season 2 history, Aegon crushed the buildings just 300 years before Robert's rebellion...do they ever state how long the dragons had been 'extinct'? How long after Aegon united the kingdoms before the last dragon died?

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
breh, having a tank or humvee 2000 years ago would be a pretty bad idea I think

first off, we'd all die within 2 days of some shyt like malaria/bubonic plague

secondly, the terrain would be a major factor. What part of the world you're in would be a MAJOR factor. You ain't using no tank in South America or Africa (depends on area) 2000 years ago. You wouldn't even get that bytch off of the beach. shyt you wouldn't even be able to use a tank in America before the 1700s.

third, them nikkas is savages out thurr :damn: The moment they realize the source of your power is from your humvee/tank, you'd be killed in your sleep. Ain't no Geneva Convention. Ain't no rules of engagement.

Defeat in battle, yes. Conquer and fukk their bytches, no. Not without a full squad.

A tank, machine guns, grenades, and rocket launchers would do MAJOR damage in a country set up like England during the renaissance. As quick as people sell each other out for power in this story if you could promise them some of that shyt they would quickly come to your side. Arrows won't penetrate armor so if you had a gunner on that tank he would take out thousands of people before anyone figured out what the hell sort of witchcraft that is 500 yards away. You wouldn't even need to be accurate because even if you hit the horses they ride in on you fukked them. The canon on the tank would render all holds defenseless. You could take out the Red Keep from down the street.

Give me one good sniper and I would take out any leader that steps foot on the battlefield. What you think those lowly banner men gonna do if their leaders keep getting their heads exploded by some random unseen force? They coming over to me.

Imagine the damage we could do camping the Kingsroad with night vision goggles.

Last edited:

johnnydakota

Star, "Skateboard High"
Supporter
Daps
The majority of them were killed during the Dance of Dragons. GRRM released it as a short story called "The princess and the queen" outside of the ASOIAF books You can find it online to read.

Scratch that ... Found a download of the larger book the story is a part of... Thanks for the heads up on this, didn't know it existed.

Last edited:

Snitchin Splatter

Working With The Feds
Daps
Reppin
Confidential Informants
Scratch that ... Found a download of the larger book the story is a part of... Thanks for the heads up on this, didn't know it existed.

Yeah The Princess and Queen in the Dangerous Women story pretty much explains what happened to the last of the dragons and why and doesn't spoil anything of course since it happened hundreds of years before the events of Game Of Thrones. Good read thats not too long at all I would check it out