Official Game of Thrones Season 4 Thread *The North Remembers*(NO SPOILERS!!)

Daps
it seems it was a very emotional moment, as she was witnessing the suffering of sick child, and she felt her 'cursing' that child was the cause. at that moment, it seemed she wished Ned would "make him a Stark", but that really says nothing about how that would happen

and apparently she got over those feelings, and decided to treat Jon like shyt again after that

That ain't the 'heat of an emotional moment' that was years later. She probably had never verbalized her intention to have Jon legitimized before that moment.

I'll buy a writer's mistake, but she is clearly stating, years later, that she promised the Gods she'd beg Ned to legitimize him..."to give him a proper name and be done with it"

Btw, who was she making that thing for in that scene? Robb?

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
That ain't the 'heat of an emotional moment' that was years later. She probably had never verbalized her intention to have Jon legitimized before that moment.

I'll buy a writer's mistake, but she is clearly stating, years later, that she promised the Gods she'd beg Ned to legitimize him..."to give him a proper name and be done with it"

Btw, who was she making that thing for in that scene? Robb?
nah breh it sounds lie you're the one reaching

she said that in the heat of the moment while she was praying for jon, all of it right then and there:ufdup:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps

she's recalling what she thought back then. and by her own admittance, she didn't carry through with it. that seems to reinforce her just being caught up in the moment of seeing a sick child. now "years later", she's looking for ways to blame herself (also a rather overly emotional trait IMO) for everything 'bad' that has happened to the Starks, and her 'broken promise' to the gods is what she remembers

one night when I was preying to the porcelain god I promised I would never drink again :sadcam:

Daps
nah breh it sounds lie you're the one reaching

she said that in the heat of the moment while she was praying for jon, all of it right then and there:ufdup:

In the heat of what moment?

This ain't a flashback :wtf:

She tells Robbs wife what she intended to do. She obviously reneged, but there was no reason, years later, for her to mix up her words. As she is taking to Talsisa she doesn't make it seem like she would've beenasking for some royal order, just that she would have to plead with Ned to make it happen.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
As she is taking to Talsisa she doesn't make it seem like she would've beenasking for some royal order, just that she would have to plead with Ned to make it happen.

her asking her husband to make it happen is her only option. she's in no position to approach the King herself to ask for something like that

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
In the heat of what moment?

This ain't a flashback :wtf:

She tells Robbs wife what she intended to do. She obviously reneged, but there was no reason, years later, for her to mix up her words. As she is taking to Talsisa she doesn't make it seem like she would've beenasking for some royal order, just that she would have to plead with Ned to make it happen.
wait, so you're saying that she mixed up her OWN words :wtf:

Daps
her asking her husband to make it happen is her only option. she's in no position to approach the King herself to ask for something like that

Dog y'all are claiming that this would've required a royal order that the king would've been unlikely to grant. There's nothing in that scene to suggest that cat believed that had she not reneged on her promise Jon Snow still wouldn't become a Stark.

Y'all refusal to accept this suggests that this scene wasn't in the book...was it? Cuz y'all always get like this when the show contradicts the books

Daps
you said

if that aint a reach idk what is :dahell:

It's a reach to believe she never told anyone about the time she lied to the Gods? :dahell:

I'm not saying she didn't pray out loud...that's irrelevant....why would she remember the exact wording of her prayer over a decade ago? That convo with Talisa did not sound like she was quoting herself

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
It's a reach to believe she never told anyone about the time she lied to the Gods? :dahell:

I'm not saying she didn't pray out loud...that's irrelevant....why would she remember the exact wording of her prayer over a decade ago? That convo with Talisa did not sound like she was quoting herself
im saying it's a reach that you really believe she mixed up her own words with absolutely NO proof

because it was an important moment to her, the time she lied to the gawds nikka :dahell: they dont forget vows they make/break

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
I don't know what the issue is here. only the King can legitimize b*stards. I don't think anything Cat said changes that
that aint even my arugment at this point :manny:

this nikka is saying she mixed up her own words, and has no proof of it outside of...........him just believing it :dahell: