Official Game of Thrones Season 4 Thread *The North Remembers*(NO SPOILERS!!)

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Gonna put it in spoilers even though it aint a spoiler...after all, @Malta got mad earlier because I told him names of characters introduced 3 seasons ago :comeon:

White Walkers are the dudes with the big blue eyes and white skin and ice swords. Wights are their "army," when someone dies the White Walkers rise them from the dead and turn them into zombies which are called Wights.

In season 1 when Jon killed the zombie in Mormon't room, that was a Wight. The thing that Sam killed with the dagger was a White Walker. It is unclear what White Walkers actually are, that is probably one of the major mysteries of the show.

Rewatch this scene and you can probably figure out the difference:

the show never explained any of this

i thought they all were Walkers

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
i dont think the Walkers are gonna be a factor at all

watch Bran defeat them all by himself and everyone else goes on thinking Walkers are just a myth

i think if they were really important they would get more than 2 minutes of screen time per season

:usure: dragons dont get much important screen time either, that doesn't mean they aren't gonna be important later on

game of thrones(a song of fire and ice) better have a legit battle between fire(those dragons) and ice(the white walkers) before it's over or GRRM gonna have to catch this fade :ufdup:

dc007

All Star
Daps
Reppin
DC
Gonna put it in spoilers even though it aint a spoiler...after all, @Malta got mad earlier because I told him names of characters introduced 3 seasons ago :comeon:

White Walkers are the dudes with the big blue eyes and white skin and ice swords. Wights are their "army," when someone dies the White Walkers rise them from the dead and turn them into zombies which are called Wights.

In season 1 when Jon killed the zombie in Mormon't room, that was a Wight. The thing that Sam killed with the dagger was a White Walker. It is unclear what White Walkers actually are, that is probably one of the major mysteries of the show.

Rewatch this scene and you can probably figure out the difference:

Damn I ain't even realize there was a difference....and I've read all the books :sadbron:

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
the show never explained any of this

i thought they all were Walkers
It didn't explicitly state all of it, but people call them different things throughout the show. Jon calls the thing he kills a Wight. Wights and White Walkers look completely different (unless you aren't paying close attention). The whole thing about "burning the bodies" from the Wildlings is related to Wights, the Wildlings don't want their murdered victims to come back for them.

The While Walkers however, are clearly not zombies. They have very distinct features, they are alive. They have a language, they speak it in the very first scene of the series. They are intelligent, there is a scene on the show where they arrange the chopped up remains of something they killed into a spiral pattern.

Not even book readers know what the White Walkers are. The Game of Thrones DVD "History...." extras tell us that they visited once before, an army that was defeated by the First Men and the Children of the Forest. It tells us that they raise an undead army. It is just up to us to figure it out....the show leaves a lot of shyt like that for the viewer to piece together which is why it is the GOAT show...it aint dumbed down[DOUBLEPOST=1397612001][/DOUBLEPOST]
where are the wights now tho?

seemed like they were around for a bit then disappeared
Are you talking about the ones in the Sam scene I posted above? Not sure where they went, they were at the Fist of the First Men when Sam encountered them. Luckily for them, the White Walker did not see Sam because he was behind the rock. If you remember at the beginning of the Season 3 though, one Wight did encounter Sam but the Nights Watch killed it and saved him.

I think we are supposed to just be under the assumption that the White Walkers from that scene and the Wights that were with them are continuing to march towards the Wall.

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
It should be mentioned to those who avoid this thread because of spoilers, you really owe it to yourself to watch the Blu-Ray extras from the first 3 seasons of the show.

A lot of the history of Westeros and the mythology of the show is explained in detail. This is information you are supposed to know to understand the events of the show. These are not spoilers. These are put there for you to learn more without having to read the books.

I HIGHLY recommend watching these. They are awesome. I will state again that these are official HBO clips from the Blu-Ray releases, these are not fan clips and you do not have to worry about spoilers:

Always avoid reading the youtube comments though

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
:usure: dragons dont get much important screen time either, that doesn't mean they aren't gonna be important later on

game of thrones(a song of fire and ice) better have a legit battle between fire(those dragons) and ice(the white walkers) before it's over or GRRM gonna have to catch this fade :ufdup:
if they do go that route(battle between dragons and Walkers) it will be in the final episode(s) of the last season after Dany has taken the thrown back and the dragons will win

either way i dont really care about the Walkers or their storyline

#StarkSet

Stark till I die
Supporter
Daps
Any website I can go on that will give some more history about song of fire and ice without revealing spoilers ?

:lupe:[DOUBLEPOST=1397612950][/DOUBLEPOST]

So they haven't had a fight in the first 5 books

Thanks for the spoiler Breh

:comeon::comeon::comeon:

:beli::beli::beli:

:ufdup::ufdup::ufdup:

:to::to::to:

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
if they do go that route(battle between dragons and Walkers) it will be in the final episode(s) of the last season after Dany has taken the thrown back and the dragons will win

either way i dont really care about the Walkers or their storyline
:hovlaff: orly, since when has GRRM become such a predictable writer that you're so confident that she'll just be on top of everything? you realize that all of those old dragons didn't just die of old age right :usure: some of them nikkas got killed, they're killable :ufdup:

and fukk around, bran's magic gets stronger everyday, and wizards have a pretty good record against dragons iirc :shaq:

but if they really want ana then the Hound/Arya combo aint scared nikka
2505dhy.jpg
[DOUBLEPOST=1397613152][/DOUBLEPOST]
Any website I can go on that will give some more history about song of fire and ice without revealing spoilers ?

:beli::beli::beli::beli: nikka are you forreal

#StarkSet

Stark till I die
Supporter
Daps
:hovlaff: orly, since when has GRRM become such a predictable writer that you're so confident that she'll just be on top of everything? you realize that all of those old dragons didn't just die of old age right :usure: some of them nikkas got killed, they're killable :ufdup:

and fukk around, bran's magic gets stronger everyday, and wizards have a pretty good record against dragons iirc :shaq:

but if they really want ana then the Hound/Arya combo aint scared nikka
2505dhy.jpg
[DOUBLEPOST=1397613152][/DOUBLEPOST]
:beli::beli::beli::beli: nikka are you forreal
Ain't u read the book?

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps

I'm pretty sure @T-K-G isn't a book reader.

This is the stuff that derails the thread. Stop going on a witch hunt for spoilers breh

dabestkeptsecret

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
jerz
just rewatching that whole wedding. So many people had access to that wine and meat pie, shyt is impossible to really pin point who dropped the poison. Cuz almost everybody wanted that little b*stard murdered :pachaha:

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA

3 posts above this I just gave you 3 youtube videos. That really is all you need.

I wouldn't recommend any websites. There might be some that you could avoid spoilers on if you squint tight enough, but virtually any site that really delves deep into the history of Westeros is going to refer to current book events and you may catch minor spoilers

Those videos I posted above are straight from HBO, they are what you need. Yes, 3 hours is a lot of time to spend watching them, just watch 1 per day or something.