Official Game of Thrones Season 4 Thread *The North Remembers*(NO SPOILERS!!)

Daps
Reppin
#LWO
That's fukked up.
You know what would be cool? If show producers decided to change who was the culprit in the book for the TV show. That way it would fukk the heads up of all the people who think they know everything that is going to happen.
I don't even bring up GOT to nikkas I know. Threre are some blabbermouths out there.
whatever2jpg.png

iNad925

Imma let you finish, but WINTER IS COMING
Daps
Can we please get back to people speculating about the whodunit? Made for some fun reading.

Agreed.

My two cents: Joffrey's murder wasn't a murder for the sake of murder like those of Viserys, Ned or Renly. What I mean is, those murders weren't aimed with a long term plan in mind. Ned, Viserys, Renly were all opposition in the way, and had to be killed.

Joffery's murder just feels different to me. This shyt is an obvious power play. It is more strategic in the big scheme of things than just a ploy to rebel. With that in mind, I sincerely believe this has gotta be the work of Varys or Littlefinger, both of whom are known to play the big-picture game. I'm leaning towards Varys because of the whole "I'm only serving the realm" shyt but I dont trust littlefinger either, esp. Because he betrayed Ned. Although, he is the reason Joffrey was king so I'm not as wary of him.

Somehow, the Martells and Tyrells had to be involved. Their involvement is damn near obvious.

Malik

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV | Philly
- Braavos is obviously Venice, not ancient Greece.
- Valyria is a cross between Egypt and Ancient Rome
- The Ghis Empire(and their descendants) was a cross between ancient Greece and ancient Rome
- the Dothraki are more like the Huns or other steppe people than the Mongols. The only things they share with the Mongols is that they are nomads and the Khal/Khan title.

The thing to remember is that, especially in Essos, we only witness a few factions. That doesn't mean that there aren't others. Peep the scene in Vaes Dothrak in the first book. There you see architecture from dozens and dozens of civillizations. And the Dothraki have only been prominent for hundreds of years. Westeros is a backwater but Essos is way bigger and more diverse than that.

For whatever it's worth...

You are correct about Braavos being Venice. I mixed that one up.

Valyria IS NOT based on Egypt though. Valyria is Rome. With a bit of Pompeii thrown in. The Doom of Valyria is Game Throne's equivalent of the eruption of Mount Vesuvius.

Author George R.R. Martin has stated that the Valyrian Freehold is essentially his medieval world's equivalent of the Roman Republic: a vast, now-fallen empire on such a grand scale and possessed of such advanced technologies (relative to their time) that peoples living in the dark age following its collapse view it as awesome and the stuff of legends. High Valyrian, their language, is treated as a lore-language essentially like Latin. Similarly, the Free Cities that are descended from Valyria's colonies and conquests are like medieval France, Italy, or Spain: their languages are stated to be "b*stard Valyrian", in the process of mutating into separate Romance languages (i.e. as French and Italian mutated and diverged from Latin). Unlike Rome, Valyria never turned into an Empire even up to the time of the Doom, and was more similar to the earlier Roman Republic: a collection of powerful and wealthy aristocratic families (one of which were the Targaryens) jointly shared power

I never brought up The Gris Empire. But you're correct.

The Dothraki are definitely based on The Mongols.

As pointed out in the behind-the-scenes featurettes, the Dothraki are inspired by a loose mix of the Mongols, Native American plains tribes, and various other nomadic horse-riding peoples who live on the open steppe.

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This episode just :wow:

the "extravagant" wedding that Lady Olenna had planned certainly was.

Joffrey's truly hideous "comic" battle, with so many guests watching with stony faces.

Joffrey was simply the number one most horrid character I've ever witnessed in television or movies. He wasn't a caricature or an archetype, he was sickness personified, I'm glad his ass is gone but I have to give Jack Gleeson credit. When you HATE a character as much as you hate him (you know you all do) he's doing a great job. My sadness here is that I doubt Jack was in enough episodes this season to earn him the Emmy nod he so deserves for this role. I love how only Jaime and Cersei tried to help him...I think every other person there wanted him dead.

I saw the dead doves but I thought that Joffrey had killed them, I didn't realize that they had died from eating the pie, so it wasn't the wine it was the pie.

And I loved Oberon managing to remind Cersei that she's a FORMER queen regent--he managed to work that into the conversation four times, I think.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
They've got Stannis' daughter all the way in the bushes :heh:

The show doesn't even explain her disease at all, she's just randomly locked in a tower with some books and 1 window.
She is being punished by the Lord of Light for her parents being too slow to come to "right" religion.:jawalrus:

Diunx

Probably drunk
Daps
Reppin
nightset
That's cool. I only quoted you because you said "its based on Medieval Europe :what:"

That's not a valid excuse. GRRM is a history buff, so he knows there were a great deal of Africans in Europe during the same time as the War of the Roses (1455-1487). The Moors didn't get booted out until 1492. He intentionally left them out of his story for whatever reason. He included ice zombies and demon shadow babies though :mjlol:

:snoop: He didn't let that out of the story, like I said there are dakskinned Dornish and even black people in kingslanding, your problem is with the showrunners not GRRM.

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
My favorite scene this week was the exchange between Oberyn/Ellaria and Tywin/Cersei.

Nobody can outright say something on this show (unless they wanna end up like Ned) to their enemies without choosing their words carefully. They all use coded language and make these passive aggressive remarks. What Oberyn said showed Tywin that he was on his radar, but since he didn't directly say "you ordered the rape and murder of my sister and her children" he's at no risk of being thrown in a cell for accusations.

I love the way the have the characters tip toe these lines without stepping over too far.
Mine too - was the best interaction of the episode

I think the chaos that will be created with Joffrey's death will be the perfect guise for Oberyn to go to work in Kings Landing

Dude must have had the :scheme: face on when that went down

The Prince of All Saiyans

Formerly Jisoo Stan & @Twitter
Daps
Episode as a whole was trash, but seeing Joffrey get bodied after trying to shyt on Tyrion was :blessed: Got that nikka the fukk outta there.

And no way Tyrion did that. He's smarter than that. Could have been ol' fagboy Oblock, I dunno.

Edit: And :pacspit: this episode tho. No Khaleesi? :wtf: Yeah, I'ma need for that to not happen again.
negged

Microfracture

Real G's move in silence
Daps
Reppin
Knees
Mine too - was the best interaction of the episode

I think the chaos that will be created with Joffrey's death will be the perfect guise for Oberyn to go to work in Kings Landing

Dude must have had the :scheme: face on when that went down

Lmao @ the scheme smiley I haven't seen that in a while :shaq: