Official Game of Thrones Season 4 Thread *The North Remembers*(NO SPOILERS!!)

Malik

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV | Philly
Dorne is pretty much a Moor controlled Spain, there are darkskinned Dornish.

Talking about real black actors. Not white people with tans :rudy:

Its hilarious seeing people say "but but its based on Medieval Europe" completely ignorant of the fact there were Africans all over Spain/Italy/Portugal during Medieval times.

moors.jpg

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is a dumb excuse.

You do realize GRRM took inspirations from literally every culture right? Not just England.

Bravos is inspired by Ancient Greece. Valyria is inspired by Ancient Rome. The North is inspired by Scotland (The Wall = Hadrian's Wall). Dorne is inspired by Spain/France. The Dothraki are inspired by The Mongols. Asshai and the Jade Sea (where Melissandre is from) is inspired by China and the Far East.

GRRM should have threw in a city that was inspired by Egypt. Or he could have threw in characters that were inspired by The Moors. The Moors were definitely IN EUROPE during the Middle Ages, so there's no excuse there. I'm not too mad about it because I love the show but, stop it :stopitslime: You have ice zombies on Game of Thrones. You could have had black people on there.

I don't really give a shyt about not having black people in GOT. It's not really a big deal to me.

dc007

All Star
Daps
Reppin
DC
There are black people in the GOT world called the summer islanders. They don't have big roles (at least not yet) but they are mentioned quite a bit and they are clearly described as being black.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
There are black people in the GOT world called the summer islanders. They don't have big roles (at least not yet) but they are mentioned quite a bit and they are clearly described as being black.

And they're based of Haitians.

Wishful thinking... :russ:

Malik

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV | Philly
I don't really give a shyt about not having black people in GOT. It's not really a big deal to me.

That's cool. I only quoted you because you said "its based on Medieval Europe :what:"

That's not a valid excuse. GRRM is a history buff, so he knows there were a great deal of Africans in Europe during the same time as the War of the Roses (1455-1487). The Moors didn't get booted out until 1492. He intentionally left them out of his story for whatever reason. He included ice zombies and demon shadow babies though :mjlol:

Foxmulder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Long Island,NY
That's cool. I only quoted you because you said "its based on Medieval Europe :what:"

That's not a valid excuse. GRRM is a history buff, so he knows there were a great deal of Africans in Europe during the same time as the War of the Roses (1455-1487). The Moors didn't get booted out until 1492. He intentionally left them out of his story for whatever reason. He included ice zombies and demon shadow babies though :mjlol:
There's black people in the books.Blame the show producers not GRRM.