Official Game of Thrones Season 4 Thread *The North Remembers*(NO SPOILERS!!)

Mr. Pink

All Star
Daps
- Braavos is obviously Venice, not ancient Greece.
- Valyria is a cross between Egypt and Ancient Rome
- The Ghis Empire(and their descendants) was a cross between ancient Greece and ancient Rome
- the Dothraki are more like the Huns or other steppe people than the Mongols. The only things they share with the Mongols is that they are nomads and the Khal/Khan title.

The thing to remember is that, especially in Essos, we only witness a few factions. That doesn't mean that there aren't others. Peep the scene in Vaes Dothrak in the first book. There you see architecture from dozens and dozens of civillizations. And the Dothraki have only been prominent for hundreds of years. Westeros is a backwater but Essos is way bigger and more diverse than that.

For whatever it's worth...

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
Bravos is inspired by Ancient Greece. Valyria is inspired by Ancient Rome.

:whoo: As someone who read a lot about Ancient Greece/Greek mythology as a kid and loves movies like "Troy", "300", Disney's "Hercules", "Gladiator" & etc. I'm now A LOT more interested than EVER in Braavos. I now look forward to it being introduced in the show.

Daps
Reppin
#LWO
I know who poisoned Joffrey cause that shyt was spoiled for me. So i can't participate in this conversation speculating who did it
mLTfS.png
. I just hope there are more surprises to come this season. I been knowing about this particular part of the plot for a while now.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Am I the only one that thought Ramsey was gonna turn into Danny Glover when Theon was shaving him?
130df6a13eead733f399b22ed301cbc2.jpg
..." If you cut me...I'll kill ya!"
I'm sorry but if you cut my dikk off and then hand me a razor with an open path to your throat I am def gonna cut you from ear to ear. Theon is just pitiful. His sister needs to turn her boats around and go home because he aint even worth it.

Last edited:

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Yall know two new black characters will be in this season right?

Also the slaves in the books were all colors, moreso white though. They're mainly brown in the show because that scene was filmed in Morocco, and naturally the walk on background actors were brown. It was an ugly visual to me but I can't really fault them.

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
the man who fought ned stark and killed his men on the streets of kings landing got his hand chopped off

the man who betrayed him and ordered the gold cloaks to kill ned starks other men is now in the nights watch(janos slynt)

the little fakkit who ordered ned's head cut off is now dead.

moral of the story, everybody who fukked with the honorable ned stark got karma coming for they ass

littlefinger, tywin, cersei, pycelle.......:ufdup:

Mr. Pink

All Star
Daps
:whoo: As someone who read a lot about Ancient Greece/Greek mythology as a kid and loves movies like "Troy", "300", Disney's "Hercules", "Gladiator" & etc. I'm now A LOT more interested than EVER in Braavos. I now look forward to it being introduced in the show.
I'm sorry to disappoint but that's not the case. Braavos very closely resembles Venice in the Rennaisance period. In fact all the "Free Cities" are inspired by the Italian City States like Venice, Florence, Milan, Bologna etc.

The closest we've gotten to the Greeks in the series is Dany's storyline. Her Unsullied legions in particular are very much like Hoplites.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Can we please get back to people speculating about the whodunit? Made for some fun reading.
We could add Qyburn to the list...he got booted out of the Maesters for his experiments and he was a prisoner at Herrenhal when The Mountain was running things so maybe he is truly a batshyt mad scientist who has a grudge against the Lannister and wanted to try out a new poison he just created for shyts and giggles.
Flimsy? I admit it may be but I like having a long list of suspects.

Malik

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV | Philly
There's black people in the books.Blame the show producers not GRRM.

They're weak characters though. Its a civilization of prostitutes, whores and slaves.

That's like me writing a story and making the only white people thieves and pirates.

:dead: at nikkas getting mad in here. You tried to dismiss people with the "Its Medieval Europe" stuff, and then after someone reminded you Blacks were in Europe during that time, you got upset. Don't get mad nikka.

Foxmulder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Long Island,NY
the man who fought ned stark and killed his men on the streets of kings landing got his hand chopped off

the man who betrayed him and ordered the gold cloaks to kill ned starks other men is now in the nights watch(janos slynt)

the little fakkit who ordered ned's head cut off is now dead.

moral of the story, everybody who fukked with the honorable ned stark got karma coming for they ass

littlefinger, tywin, cersei, pycelle.......:ufdup:
:shaq:Winter is Coming.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I know who poisoned Joffrey cause that shyt was spoiled for me. So i can't participate in this conversation speculating who did it
mLTfS.png
. I just hope there are more surprises to come this season. I been knowing about this particular part of the plot for a while now.
That's fukked up.
You know what would be cool? If show producers decided to change who was the culprit in the book for the TV show. That way it would fukk the heads up of all the people who think they know everything that is going to happen.

Microfracture

Real G's move in silence
Daps
Reppin
Knees
They've got Stannis' daughter all the way in the bushes :heh:

The show doesn't even explain her disease at all, she's just randomly locked in a tower with some books and 1 window.