Official Game of Thrones Season 4 Thread *The North Remembers*(NO SPOILERS!!)

iNad925

Imma let you finish, but WINTER IS COMING
Daps
Why would Stannis, the king, help Robb? I'm not following you here. Robb's host could have easily joined Stannis'....just declare fealty to the rightful king by all laws known to gods and men and join forces with him to liberate King's Landing of the filthy abominations sitting on the throne. In what twisted world would the king be expected to declare allegiance to the son of a Northern lord :dwillhuh:

Ned's letter to Stannis was merely a note telling him of the Joffrey incest. It had nothing to do with Robb. I'm confused where you seem to think that Stannis slighted the Starks. He never did. Ned risked his life to put Stannis on the throne.

I get the bolded, but I'm not saying the King had to declare allegiance. All he had to do is send Robb some help/reinforcement but he didn't and Robb, who didn't even want the throne in King's Landing, had to go back to the Frey's for help, and the rest we know :sadbron:

Daps
Nah breh :birdman: i just finished reading the first book too.

Eddard sent him the letter.
Robb was asked to join Stannis and hhis council advised him against it. Still, Stannis could've helped Robb and rode on Lannister. Instead he decided to spite the fukking Onion booty pirate.

THE NORTH REMEMBERS

Ned acknowledged that Stannis was the rightful heir, Robb and Cat were in the wrong
by siding with Renly over Stannis simply cuz he had the bigger army.

All of this is irrelevant to your point tho, cuz even if they did align with each other Robb was occupied with Tywin in the North, Stannis was occupied with Renly. They could've been allies on paper but they were still on two opposite sides of the war. They both were still marching on King's Landing. Remember, Tywin kept Robb chasing him until he snuck off in the middle of the night so that he got a headstart before word got out that he was on the move to King's Landing to thwart Stannis.

iNad925

Daps
Ned acknowledged that Stannis was the rightful heir, Robb and Cat were in the wrong
by siding with Renly over Stannis simply cuz he had the bigger army.

All of this is irrelevant to your point tho, cuz even if they did align with each other Robb was occupied with Tywin in the North, Stannis was occupied with Renly. They could've been allies on paper but they were still on two opposite sides of the war. They both were still marching on King's Landing. Remember, Tywin kept Robb chasing him until he snuck off in the middle of the night so that he got a headstart before word got out that he was on the move to King's Landing to thwart Stannis.

And when Cat was sent to enlist Renly, but instead found Stannis and offered alliance with him, Stannis refused. Stannis then killed Renly (which is fine and dandy because he is the rightful heir) but he ain't have to deny Rob. Just the fact that if they were officially allies would've changed the game.

That denial of alliance towards the common goal, which would've place Stannis on the iron throne and killed Joffrey, is what The North Remembers.

duck

Bills Mafia
Daps
Reppin
buffalo ny
And when Cat was sent to enlist Renly, but instead found Stannis and offered alliance with him, Stannis refused. Stannis then killed Renly (which is fine and dandy because he is the rightful heir) but he ain't have to deny Rob. Just the fact that if they were officially allies would've changed the game.

That denial of alliance towards the common goal, which would've place Stannis on the iron throne and killed Joffrey, is what The North Remembers.
he was worried that if robb called himself king in the north that would weaken the 7 kingdoms. other people like the dornish would be like "the north broke out of the 7 kingdoms to do their thing, why can't we? and so on "

Soundbwoy

Accept to take the L
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Montreal
its like they dont watch the show fully

daddy ned was rocking with us

this shyt is called game of thrones not game for the north

#starkset couldnt be more irrelevant
thread is like the show instead to focus our hate on the lannisters and the others we waste time hating on eachother:pachaha:

iNad925

Daps
he was worried that if robb called himself king in the north that would weaken the 7 kingdoms. other people like the dornish would be like "the north broke out of the 7 kingdoms to do their thing, why can't we? and so on "

Robb never would've broken out. His bannermen wanted him to do so, but he wouldn't have. Instead, if Stannis agreed to work with Robb, he wouldn't have received back shots from Tywin at Blackwater.

#Starkset #Wolfgang fukk the rest.

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA

You mean after Robb committed treason against Stannis?
@Twitter lost for dapping this shyt :usure:

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
I believe Stannis is the rightful King while Robb had no interest in the iron throne, friend

it was a difficult time for all

No interest in the iron throne no, but still put a crown on his head which was treasonous against the rightful king that his father died to put on the throne

Robb got exactly what he deserved, I wouldn't even be mad at Stannis if Stannis put the knife in his belly himself. Ned is rolling in his grave at all this shyt. If someone wants to be a Robb fanboy then good for them, but Ned's name needs to be kept out of it because Robb did the opposite of what his father would have done.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
Damn I saw the three seasons in the last three weeks, and I read THIS whole fukking thread in the last week or week and a half. Everybody got they daps for contributing to the thread, some nikkas even got green. I ain't know what set to rep, I was a free agent, the Khaleesi got my respect But from now on,
:damn:

The Prince of All Saiyans

Formerly Jisoo Stan & @Twitter
Daps
No interest in the iron throne no, but still put a crown on his head which was treasonous against the rightful king that his father died to put on the throne

Robb got exactly what he deserved, I wouldn't even be mad at Stannis if Stannis put the knife in his belly himself. Ned is rolling in his grave at all this shyt. If someone wants to be a Robb fanboy then good for them, but Ned's name needs to be kept out of it because Robb did the opposite of what his father would have done.
was those ridiculous targ's that put an end to the title of King in the North

wasn't what ned wanted but it was what the North needed.

:salute: King Robb