Official Game of Thrones Season 4 Thread *The North Remembers*(NO SPOILERS!!)

teacher

All Star
Daps
Well, yea, they have an army of 100k :heh:

I'm talking about the idea that Stannis would get down with the free folk...that's only happening if they bend the knee....or if the Red Woman commands him to do it :mjlol:

i'm saying they have the advantage to being stannis's allies over the northmen.... ned stark himself says stannis is rightful heir and they put there power behind Renly..that's how Stannis sees it

Malik

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV | Philly
So the land beyond the Wall becomes the 8th kingdom :ohhh:

I don't think Jon would rule it tho, I think he's destined to smashing Dany and ruling the 7 8 kingdoms.

Why did they build the Wall in the first place? To keep Wildlings out? To keep White Walkers out/slow them down?

The Wall is there to keep the wildlings and the White Walkers out. Brandon The Builder had giants build the Wall 8,000 years ago after the first war with the Others. GRRM's wall is inspired by the real life Hadrian's Wall, which separated England from Scotland. I don't know....to me, it seems like the only reason for GRRM making the Wall that big and monstrous is for dramatic effect when it actually falls. And because I want to see it come crashing down :lolbron: Won't be nothing standing between Westeros and those Frost Giants :wow:

I don't know about Jon Snow. His story can go so many ways. I really hope he will end up being King/King Regent/King Consort. But he could also die in the coming war or decide to stay in the North to defend the Realm for the rest of his life. I don't know :yeshrug:

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
i'm saying they have the advantage to being stannis's allies over the northmen.... ned stark himself says stannis is rightful heir and they put there power behind Renly..that's how Stannis sees it

they didnt put their power behind renly, catelyn was only there to make it clear they had a common enemy and didnt need to beef and then she was gonna have the same convo with stannis before he got there. she was trying to make stannis and renly squash it so all 3 could combine forces.

:ohlawd: imagine all 3 had combined forces and then robb would have gotten the tullys and the greyjoys aboard(as long as he kept theon hostage). lannisters would all be dead and gone by now.

Daps

The Night's Watch didn't put their power behind anyone. The folks that 'put their power behind Renly' were slaughtered in and outside of the Red Wedding

Daps
The Wall is there to keep the wildlings and the White Walkers out. Brandon The Builder had giants build the Wall 8,000 years ago after the first war with the Others. GRRM's wall is inspired by the real life Hadrian's Wall, which separated England from Scotland. I don't know....to me, it seems like the only reason for GRRM making the Wall that big and monstrous is for dramatic effect when it actually falls. And because I want to see it come crashing down :lolbron: Won't be nothing standing between Westeros and those Frost Giants :wow:

I don't know about Jon Snow. His story can go so many ways. I really hope he will end up being King/King Regent/King Consort. But he could also die in the coming war or decide to stay in the North to defend the Realm for the rest of his life. I don't know :yeshrug:

So Bran the Builder used giants to build the Wall, then made them stay on the other side of it? :mjlol:

Malik

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV | Philly
So Bran the Builder used giants to build the Wall, then made them stay on the other side of it? :mjlol:

G azz move, right :smugfavre:

Brandon Stark, also known as Brandon the Builder and Bran the Builder, was the legendary founder of House Stark who is said to have lived during the Age of Heroes. According to legend, he built the Wall and Winterfell. Some stories say he did it with the help of giants. Some claim Brandon also helped Durran build Storm's End when he was a boy.

Techniec

Drugs and Kalashnikovs
Daps
Reppin
W/S 416
man that last season left a brother in the wind

was fukking with daneres, but only cuz of Khal Drogar...those barbarians reminded me of Afghans :ehh:

starks had the good guy card in their favour, till they got their shyt pushed in

fukk lannisters although tyrion is the homie for real

stannis got the lineage but hes lost right now

i dont really fukk with none of these white boys though, but those dornishmen are descendents of some brown looking motherfukkers from the east

plus theyre from the desert south

showed up at kings landing, last episode rocking turbans like arabs

im rolling with house martell

DonkeyPuncher718

If Your Knee Dont Bend It Can Be Broken
Daps
Reppin
The Wall
YBzsA3J.jpg

How come they dont have a song for king of the north? The rains of castamere is enough i guess lol

"Tywin is the type of nygga to throw the chinchilla in the fire like Frank"

tumblr_n3na1nyZ4X1qzr7ibo5_250.gif

There is alot of symbolism in this scene basically saying the starks as a threat are FINISHED

I fukks with Tywin Lannister Lord of ether I give him his props but thats where it stops:whoa:

Stannis is the westeros only hope
tumblr_n3qkggcjZl1qbszkbo1_250.gif

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
I just peeped all the people that would remind Jon Snow is a b*stard are dead; Ned, Caitlyn and Rob. The rest look at him as there older brother...Jon Snow the next heir of winterfell and bringing back the valerian steel :lawd: :blessed:

:stopitslime: What about Sansa? I'm currently reading Book 1 and Sansa has NO problem calling Jon Snow a b*stard just because he talked shyt about Sasna's precious Prince Joffrey and when Arya yells back at Sansa "He's our brother!", Sansa responds with "Jon Snow is ONLY our half-brother".:scusthov: (They completely cut this chapter out of the series premiere.)

Also, Jon Snow has NO claim to Winterfell as long as his trueborn siblings are alive.AND he's sworn to the Night's watch.

Cheesy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Hometown
ASOIAF History makes no sense
8000 years and no advancement in technology :mjlol:

actually the time they build the wall isn't certain, as far as we know there are no sources going that far back, GRRM has said that it's not even sure if Bran the Builder is more than a mere legend:yeshrug:
Why did they build the Wall in the first place? To keep Wildlings out? To keep White Walkers out/slow them down?

it's the same for this, nobody really remembers, the Wall and the Watch are there to 'protect the realm', which nowadays seems to be mainly about keeping the wildlings at bay, but it would make sense the Wall and the Watch both were intented to serve a higher purpose than that, either White Walkers or something else we haven't found out about yet:ohhh:

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
the free folk still hold the advantage over the northmen
Well, yea, they have an army of 100k :heh:

I'm talking about the idea that Stannis would get down with the free folk...that's only happening if they bend the knee....or if the Red Woman commands him to do it :mjlol:

:ohhh: I didn't realize that. With those numbers, not only can the Wildings crush the Night's watch, they can take control of The North.