Official Game of Thrones Season 4 Thread *The North Remembers*(NO SPOILERS!!)

The Prince of All Saiyans

Formerly Jisoo Stan & @Twitter
Daps
not waiting on some damn art barr ass babbling with the inclusion of some smilies

#targset..are you relying on dany cause of her dragons? her looks?

if it wasn't dany who would you be rolling with?

open question:

you wanna talk about armies, y'all wouldn't have rolled with renly even tho his army was greater than anyone elses?

Uptown WaYo87

HARLEM/BX
Daps
The new HBO King :banderas:

When I wrote in my previous ratings post that "we can break that 6 million mark this season, perhaps sooner rather than later" I definitely did not dare hoping for such numbers already for the premiere. Not only was six million reached, but well exceeded, and the number of viewers was higher by more than a million compared to the previous high-water mark the show has set. No wonder that HBO Go crashed on the premiere day!

In terms of comparison with other shows, we can now establish that we have firmly left the heyday numbers of True Blood far behind. The premiere episode was also the most tweeted about episode in the history of HBO. As far as average viewership per episode across all platforms is concerned, the updated season three numbers show that Game of Thrones is now level with the most successful HBO show ever, The Sopranos, at 14.4 million (reached during their season four). The current GoT season is well off to breaking even this record, so keep that number in mind.

Winter(Phil) tweeted this helpful post as an illustration of how people will flock to complex and challenging tv over time.

#GameofThrones premiere numbers: Season 1 - 2.22M Season 2 - 3.86M Season 3 - 4.37M Season 4 - 6.60M

— Phil Bicking (@p_Red) April 7, 2014

Due to rounding when first revealed by EW, the exact number of first-hour viewers as now reported stands even higher, at 6.64 million. The curve certainly is steep, and shocking end-season events appear to be very helpful when attracting new people to the show between seasons. Sounds logical. Comparing season finales to next season openers, reveals that the transition from S1 to S2 upped the numbers by almost a million, S2 to S3 remained about level, while the latest transition added well over one million viewers. Such are the effects of red weddings. Let us hope that the numbers don't drop much next week; at least in previous seasons that has not been the case.

Can we climb even higher this year? No doubt. S1 added 0.8 million over its course from the premiere to the finale, S2 0.4 million, and S3 1.0 million, roughly speaking. Next stop, 7 million? All bets are off. There is plently of exciting content this year that will make the season popular. Expect updated comparison graphics halfway through the season as usual.

http://winteriscoming.net/2014/04/how-about-those-game-of-thrones-premiere-record-ratings/

+

HBO renewed GOT for season 5 and 6 :banderas:

http://winteriscoming.net/2014/04/game-of-thrones-renewed-for-seasons-five-and-six/

5StarElite

All Star
Daps
Reppin
In the ocean where the sharks be at
not waiting on some damn art barr ass babbling with the inclusion of some smilies

#targset..are you relying on dany cause of her dragons? her looks?

if it wasn't dany who would you be rolling with?

open question:

you wanna talk about armies, y'all wouldn't have rolled with renly even tho his army was greater than anyone elses?

By the time nikkas started to really rep houses, I think we were already midway into the 1st season. I felt like she was rightful heir to the throne, plus she had them dragon eggs on deck & I liked how the origin of her storyline revolved around dragons, along with her being immune to heat I.E. getting in the tub of boiling water, not being fazed when she held the dragon eggs fresh out the fire. Then we all know what happens the last ep of season1

The Prince of All Saiyans

Formerly Jisoo Stan & @Twitter
Daps
By the time nikkas started to really rep houses, I think we were already midway into the 1st season. I felt like she was rightful heir to the throne, plus she had them dragon eggs on deck & I liked how the origin of her storyline revolved around dragons, along with her being immune to heat I.E. getting in the tub of boiling water, not being fazed when she held the dragon eggs fresh out the fire. Then we all know what happens the last ep of season1
fair enough:obama:

you still believe she's the rightful heir:ohmy:

i believe it does belong to stannis so outside of #starkset I rep Stannis Baratheon

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Yeah, I haven't read the books tho. From what we've been told since the show first aired, Targs had the throne first, then got usurped by King Robert:manny:

Funny, the birth of House Baratheon was started by a Targaryen, and Robert Baratheon having a Targaryen grandmother was part of the justification on why they thought he should get the throne.

I think the rightful heir talk is pointless. IMO who ever takes the throne is the rightful heir.

Dany would probably have a neat administration.
Stannis on the throne would be one of pure justice and fairness, some of his policies I bet would be straight ass though.
Lannisters............ :mjlol:

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
i just figured it was one of the Starks dogs skin or something :manny:

It couldn't be any of the Stark children's direwolves. Summer, Shaggydog, Ghost, & Nymeria are all alive. When Ned Stark executed Lady, he had the body sent back to Winterfell to be buried. And well.....................Grey Wind:

299px-Zippo514_youngwolf.jpg

The wolfskin Tywin threw in the fire still had it's head.