Official Game of Thrones Season 4 Thread *The North Remembers*(NO SPOILERS!!)

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
is braavos the shyt or something??

i been rewatching the past 3 seasons.. i always do a refresher.. and it seems like them nikkas is legendary or something

arya's swordfighting teacher was from braavos.. the faceless man was from braavos.. king richard borrowed millions from the bank of braavos, who even the lanisters were shook of.. khaleesi's henchman is from braavos

do these nikkas just have the fight game on lock or something?

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Braavos

Daps
No matter how many times I watch it, Robb marrying Talisa remains the most :mindblown: moment in the series to me. Why did he have to marry her so badly? I mean I get the marry for love versus marry for duty angle, but he couldn't wait til the war was over to break his word? :mindblown:

He had just chastised his mom's for bringing discontent into the camp and he does the exact same thing? :mindblown:

I mean, the Red Wedding was some hoe shyt of unprecedented proportions, but why wouldn't he suspect the Frey's might start helping the Lannister's after that? He was already weakened from having to send a splinter force to handle Theon. shyt makes no sense:mindblown:

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
No matter how many times I watch it, Robb marrying Talisa remains the most :mindblown: moment in the series to me. Why did he have to marry her so badly? I mean I get the marry for love versus marry for duty angle, but he couldn't wait til the war was over to break his word? :mindblown:

He had just chastised his mom's for bringing discontent into the camp and he does the exact same thing? :mindblown:

I mean, the Red Wedding was some hoe shyt of unprecedented proportions, but why wouldn't he suspect the Frey's might start helping the Lannister's after that? He was already weakened from having to send a splinter force to handle Theon. shyt makes no sense:mindblown:

yea man i always hated that GRRM made the young wolf so godly in the battlefield yet stupid as fukk in politics. i guess kind of like his dad. nikka is a 5 star general and special ed at the same time :snoop:

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
he made 2 dumb fukking moves. let theon go, and betray the freys. it was only 2 mistakes, but they were huge and cost him the war and his life. he HAD to know that letting theon go would take the cuffs off his dad. i mean the whole reason they had theon was to keep balon in check. nikka let theon go and as soon as balon heard, he made battleplans.

Daps
he made 2 dumb fukking moves. let theon go, and betray the freys. it was only 2 mistakes, but they were huge and cost him the war and his life. he HAD to know that letting theon go would take the cuffs off his dad. i mean the whole reason they had theon was to keep balon in check. nikka let theon go and as soon as balon heard, he made battleplans.

Theon was a huge blunder, but at least I can understand that. When Theon professed his loyalty to Robb as his brother, Robb believed it cause Theon truly meant it. Neither of them really knew just what kind of person Baylon was, cuz they were too young to understand what was going on with the rebellion. For the many years afterwards, I'm sure the honorable Ned Stark made it a point to never really bash Baylon's name to his only living heir. So while he would've been wise to heed the advice of the one person who actually did understand how treacherous Baylon was, I can understand him dismissing her warnings as the emotional overreaction of a woman.

His decision to break a vow in the middle of the war though? That's just :mindblown:

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
Theon was a huge blunder, but at least I can understand that. When Theon professed his loyalty to Robb as his brother, Robb believed it cause Theon truly meant it. Neither of them really knew just what kind of person Baylon was, cuz they were too young to understand what was going on with the rebellion. For the many years afterwards, I'm sure the honorable Ned Stark made it a point to never really bash Baylon's name to his only living heir. So while he would've been wise to heed the advice of the one person who actually did understand how treacherous Baylon was, I can understand him dismissing her warnings as the emotional overreaction of a woman.

His decision to break a vow in the middle of the war though? That's just :mindblown:

yea i guess thats true about the theon thing. theon was like his brother. thats ned's mistake for not putting his heir on fully to the theon situation. im rereading the books and (not a spoiler) after cat arrives to kings landing tells ned whats been going on, one of ned's commands is "keep a watchful eye over theon, we may have need of his father's ships". so even tho ned was fully aware of how much of a c*nt balon was, he was also thinking about the greyjoy ships.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex

:comeon: You gonna forget about Robb executing Lord Karstark? Not only did the Karstark cavalry abandon the Northern host, they joined the Boltons in betraying the North at the Red Wedding.

Daps
:comeon: You gonna forget about Robb executing Lord Karstark? Not only did the Karstark cavalry abandon the Northern host, they joined the Boltons in betraying the North at the Red Wedding.

I did not catch that the Karstarks joined in on the Red Wedding...does anybody have honor in the North Westeros? :why:

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR

he had to do that tho, there he had little choice. i mean i dont blame lord karstark for executing the lannister captives, but he had to know this would be robb's reaction. ned would have done the same exact thing.

i guess u can call it a mistake tho :ehh: maybe he should have just put lord karstark in chains and held him captive to secure their loyalty or to at least make sure they didnt completely turn on them.

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
No matter how many times I watch it, Robb marrying Talisa remains the most :mindblown: moment in the series to me. Why did he have to marry her ok so badly? I mean I get the marry for ove versus marry for duty angle, but he couldn't wait til the war was over to break his word? :mindblown:

He had just chastised his mom's for bringing disconte . Pmnt into the camp and he does the exact same thing? :mindblown:

I mean, the Red Wedding was some hoe shyt of unpecedented proportions, but why wouldn't he suspect the Frey's might start helping the Lannister's after that? He was already weakened from having to send a splinter force to handle Theon. shyt makes no sense:mindblown:
Another changed plotline, most likely meant to endear Robb to the TV audience (women especially) so the Red Wedding would be more brutal. It is less head scratching when you look at it how it was actually written.

Robb had just won victory in battle and found out that Theon sacked Winterfell and murdered Bran and Rickon. Talisa (Jeyne Westerling in the book) was a woman of noble birth, and she comforted him after the battle which led to them making the mistake of Robb taking her maidenead. He didnt want to bring great shame on her and her family, so he married her out of honor. Also, Cat was not present at the time to stop him. Robb was still a boy, fresh off the deaths of his father and brothers and its tough to expect him to never make a mistake. He seemed almost ashamed of it all, the whole "I'm in love" story was a tv creation.

King Crimson

Member of a very exclusive gang
Daps
Reppin
Bk/NY

yea man i always hated that GRRM made the young wolf so godly in the battlefield yet stupid as fukk in politics. i guess kind of like his dad. nikka is a 5 star general and special ed at the same time :snoop:
From what I've gathered, it goes down a bit different in the book, at least as far as Robb breaking his vow. I won't spoil it, but it's obviously out there. I will say that I enjoyed the show's version more though. To answer Ren's point, I think that Robb's plight underlines the central theme of Game of Thrones. You win or you die. It's akin to playing a chess game and making that one move that causes you to get checkmated. Robb made one huge mistake that got him caught up. I can't blame him for Theon because truthfully, most of us would've fallen for it. Theon was convincing because he honestly meant to help Robb. He as well just fukked up once and wasn't able to come back. The execution of Rickard Karstark was a can't win situation. Talisa was the only thing that was solely on Robb imo. And even that can be summed up in the fact that the northerners don't strike me as politicians. They're fighters and warriors, not socializers. I think that's where catelyn was more versed than Ned and Robb. And she really did give sound advice. Robb just didn't listen.

King Crimson

Member of a very exclusive gang
Daps
Reppin
Bk/NY
Another changed plotline, most likely meant to endear Robb to the TV audience (women especially) so the Red Wedding would be more brutal. It is less head scratching when you look at it how it was actually written.

Robb had just won victory in battle and found out that Theon sacked Winterfell and murdered Bran and Rickon. Talisa (Jeyne Westerling in the book) was a woman of noble birth, and she comforted him after the battle which led to them making the mistake of Robb taking her maidenead. He didnt want to bring great shame on her and her family, so he married her out of honor. Also, Cat was not present at the time to stop him. Robb was still a boy, fresh off the deaths of his father and brothers and its tough to expect him to never make a mistake. He seemed almost ashamed of it all, the whole "I'm in love" story was a tv creation.
Yeah. What he said. :guilty:

You said it better than me. :to:

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR

i like how they used the show to kill a book theory that shyt was fukked up and funny at the same time. ima put it in tags for the show watchers but it isnt really a spoiler.

for years book readers thought that jeyne( talisa) got away with robb's unborn seed in her belly. in the books she never goes to the twins and stays behind in riverrun and when robb gets killed, its speculated that she gets away somehow and that in her belly is the heir to the king in the north. then in the show they showed them stabbing talisa in the stomach over and over :damn: just to kill that theory :pachaha: