Official Game of Thrones Season 4 Thread *The North Remembers*(NO SPOILERS!!)

Daps
Another changed plotline, most likely meant to endear Robb to the TV audience (women especially) so the Red Wedding would be more brutal. It is less head scratching when you look at it how it was actually written.

Robb had just won victory in battle and found out that Theon sacked Winterfell and murdered Bran and Rickon. Talisa (Jeyne Westerling in the book) was a woman of noble birth, and she comforted him after the battle which led to them making the mistake of Robb taking her maidenead. He didnt want to bring great shame on her and her family, so he married her out of honor. Also, Cat was not present at the time to stop him. Robb was still a boy, fresh off the deaths of his father and brothers and its tough to expect him to never make a mistake. He seemed almost ashamed of it all, the whole "I'm in love" story was a tv creation.

What the hell does that mean? :dwillhuh:

While I hated the 'I'm in love' story I could buy it...I was just hung up on the fact that he
couldn't wait til the end of the war to do something that would piss off his most untrustworthy ally. The book version makes
so much more sense (assuming you're saying that she got pregnant...fear of pregnancy was the only way I could rationalize the TV version, but even then: just stick to anal Robb :damn:)

King Crimson

Member of a very exclusive gang
Daps
Reppin
Bk/NY
i like how they used the show to kill a book theory that shyt was fukked up and funny at the same time. ima put it in tags for the show watchers but it isnt really a spoiler.

for years book readers thought that jeyne( talisa) got away with robb's unborn seed in her belly. in the books she never goes to the twins and stays behind in riverrun and when robb gets killed, its speculated that she gets away somehow and that in her belly is the heir to the king in the north. then in the show they showed them stabbing talisa in the stomach over and over :damn: just to kill that theory :pachaha:
Did she get away with the young wolf's seed though? :lupe:

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
What the hell does that mean? :dwillhuh:

While I hated the 'I'm in love' story I could buy it...I was just hung up on the fact that he
couldn't wait til the end of the war to do something that would piss off his most untrustworthy ally. The book version makes
so much more sense (assuming you're saying that she got pregnant...fear of pregnancy was the only way I could rationalize the TV version, but even then: just stick to anal Robb :damn:)

Taking her maidenhead is taking her virginity. For a noble born woman, it is a great shame to lose virginity outside of marriage and probably would have prevented her from marrying anybody but scum in the future. Basically she was comforting him and just out of the passion of man and woman they fukked. Robb didn't want to dishonor the Westerling family.

Daps
Taking her maidenhead is taking her virginity. For a noble born woman, it is a great shame to lose virginity outside of marriage and probably would have prevented her from marrying anybody but scum in the future. Basically she was comforting him and just out of the passion of man and woman they fukked. Robb didn't want to dishonor the Westerling family.

Maggie Tyrrell seems to be doing just fine :mjpls:

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
nah she ends up being sent back home with her mom. stabbing talisa in the stomach in the show was GRRM's way of deading that theory.
It's not fair. :damn::to:

:sadcam: I REALLY wanna read what @beanz posted in that spoiler quote. Because I have NO IDEA what happens to Robb's Wife in the Books, Blackfish Tully, & Edmure Tully after the Red Wedding. All I know is there is supposed to be
A Siege on Riverrun in Book 4

Last edited: