Official Game of Thrones Season 4 Thread *The North Remembers*(NO SPOILERS!!)

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
George R.R. Martin knows how to stop 'Game of Thrones' from catching up to his books
By Kwame Opamon March 15, 2014 09:01 am

grrmartin1_1020.0_cinema_1200.0.jpg

Much has already been said about George R.R. Martin not having a whole lot of time to finish his A Song of Ice and Fire series before the HBO adaptation eventually catches up. (Or, if you're a more morbid member of the fandom, you're hoping hard he doesn't actually die before spring finally comes.) Now, even though he's still not your bytch, the author himself is expressing concern, telling Vanity Fair this week that the pace with which the show is moving up on him is "alarming." Not very encouraging. But, even though he's spent much of his career "trying to avoid deadlines," he has a detailed plan for how the next few season can be stretched to give him some more time. Read on at Vanity Fair, but only if you don't fear spoilers.

Source: http://www.vanityfair.com/vf-hollywood/george-r-r-martin-interview

http://www.theverge.com/2014/3/15/5...-how-to-stop-game-of-thrones-from-catching-up

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
Just picked up the first book. Gonna start it soon.
Yup, I downloaded eBooks for all 5 books last week cause I'm on the fence on whether to read them or not.

:lupe: But yesterday I watched a bunch GoT Season 4 preview videos from the Youtube channel, Emergency Awesome: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLOIeYdZ3QczxGuSDE8NtOuthqbKFChC0q

Dude gave out a bunch of minor/mild spoilers (He avoided major spoilers) from the 2nd half of Book 3, Book 4, & even book 5 in those Season 4 preview videos. And all I gotta say is......... ....:ohlawd: The fukkery that is coming.

:whew: I already know the show is gonna condense a lot of the storylines & I need all the details, so I finally gave in & started reading Book 1 last night.

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
The actor who plays Hodor in the TV series Game of Thrones has come out as gay.

In an interview with Game of Thrones fansite winteriscoming.net, Kristian Nairn was asked if he was aware of the following his character had in the gay community. He replied: "Well, in all honesty, when you talk about 'the gay community,' you are talking about my community, haha."

The Northern Irish actor said the fan support was "a privilege", and added: "I’ve never hidden my sexuality from anyone, my whole life in fact, and I’ve been waiting for someone to ask about it in an interview, cos it’s not something you just blurt out. I’ve tried to lead the questions a few times, to no avail!

"It’s a very small part of who I am on the whole, but none the less, in this day and age, it’s important to stand up and be counted."

Nairn's character in the hit fantasy series, which begins its fourth series in April, only ever says one word. It is his own name, "Hodor". He is a large and imposing figure but loyal to the Stark family; when Bran Stark lost the use of his legs in the first series, Hodor carried him from place to place. It is Nairn's first major acting role.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/...e-of-Thrones-star-Hodor-comes-out-as-gay.html

:merchant:

:pachaha:

Real

Daps
Reppin
Under Your Skin
Is it a spoiler to reveal why Aegon didn't conquer Dorne? B/c i really wanna know, but i'm not sure if its important in the upcoming seasons:lupe:

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
Is it a spoiler to reveal why Aegon didn't conquer Dorne? B/c i really wanna know, but i'm not sure if its important in the upcoming seasons:lupe:
nah i dont think it is, it never really comes up again. ima put it in tags anyway tho.

dorne fought on some guerilla tactics shyt like the vietcong. they would attack and then hide in the mountains. they never marched their whole army in an open field against dragons. they were smart. they played defense and baited aegon to come to them but the dragons could never find all of them. all the other kings marched out like dumbasses.

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
So after finishing the books, I can say that this is easily my favorite adaption of any sort of novel or anything, possibly ever. The steps they take where they don't follow the books actually have their reasoning in the grand scheme of thing, and tend to make their own points. Some of the dialogue and monologues added just for the show are incredible as well. I feel like with some things I hate when they deviate from the original story and make it shyttier than it was (The Walking Dead). But when you can make it just as good and just as interesting, then goddamn. I have no problem seeing essentially another version of that story

Only a few characters really look like how I feel like they should look, however.

The main one tho, I think Stannis is absolutely fukking spot on. The guy playing Stannis is so goddamn on point in his role, it gets me giddy. Dude even makes his facial expressions the way I feel like its described in the book. :pachaha: