Official Game of Thrones Season 4 Thread *The North Remembers*(NO SPOILERS!!)

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
So after finishing the books, I can say that this is easily my favorite adaption of any sort of novel or anything, possibly ever. The steps they take where they don't follow the books actually have their reasoning in the grand scheme of thing, and tend to make their own points. Some of the dialogue and monologues added just for the show are incredible as well. I feel like with some things I hate when they deviate from the original story and make it shyttier than it was (The Walking Dead). But when you can make it just as good and just as interesting, then goddamn. I have no problem seeing essentially another version of that story

Only a few characters really look like how I feel like they should look, however.

The main one tho, I think Stannis is absolutely fukking spot on. The guy playing Stannis is so goddamn on point in his role, it gets me giddy. Dude even makes his facial expressions the way I feel like its described in the book. :pachaha:

:damn: Weren't you just reading Book 2 a few weeks ago?! How many chapters were you reading a day?!

:usure:Anyways on that Stannis tip, I posted this video a few weeks ago & bookreaders seemed to agree that the show hasn't shown done him justice:

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
:usure:Anyways on that Stannis tip, I posted this video a few weeks ago & bookreaders seemed to agree that the show hasn't shown done him justice:

Looks like he was talking about appearance of the character. How he pictured them visually.

No one in their right mind would say that show Stannis is the most accurate character adaptation

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
Looks like he was talking about appearance of the character. How he pictured them visually.

No one in their right mind would say that show Stannis is the most accurate character adaptation
Yeah, visually and how he shows his facial expressions. I was watching the episode where he visited Shireen in her room and just the way dude would react to the different shyt thrown at him that day had me weak. Yeah, Stannis hasn't gotten enough shine in the show, but they're gonna kinda be forced to give him more coming up here.

And yeah, I was spendin all my free time reading them books lol. Read Dunk and Egg too. Glad to hear there will be more stories from them too

Microfracture

Real G's move in silence
Daps
Reppin
Knees
They're on point with a lot of the adaptations.

Tywin, Jon Snow, Brienne, Ned Stark, Jaime, Robb Stark, Littlefinger, Sansa, Arya.

Varys seems to be slightly different but I think its for the better.

Sinnerman

Veteran
Daps
Winter is co.....
Catelyn_dies.jpg

:laff:

vulgar :scusthov:

on the topic of the books, I think I'll read em after this season

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Is it a spoiler to reveal why Aegon didn't conquer Dorne? B/c i really wanna know, but i'm not sure if its important in the upcoming seasons:lupe:

Long story short, you don't fight the Dornish in Dorne and they got bad bytches galore...hence why the Martells and the Dornish, outside of the Baratheons, have the deepest connection and inter-marriage with the Targareyns

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
The Iron Throne May Feature Multiple Movie Swords, Including Gandalf's Glamdring
Redditors prove their observational skills once again.

by Jared Larson MARCH 15, 2014

The history of the Iron Throne may be more prestigious than we ever knew.

Last Thursday, extremely observant Redditor NoMoreHodoring noticed that one of the many swords in Game of Thrones' Iron Throne bears a striking resemblance to Gandalf's blade, Glamdring.

iron-throne-glamdring-610x348.jpg

Via NoMoreHodoring. The blade in question even features a blue gem, though it differs in size.

The thread led to darknogra and Elio_Garcia also pointing out possible replicas of Robin of Locksley's blade and a sword from Ridley Scott's Crusade era film, Kingdom of Heaven. HitFix did some legwork and found the weapons in question right next to the alleged Glamdring.

iron-throne-robin-610x331.jpg

Robin of Locksley's sword?

iron-throne-kingdom-of-heaven-610x337.jpg

Is that Orlando Bloom's sword in Kingdom of Heaven?

It's possible that these are Easter eggs planted for fantasy and medieval film fans' pleasure. It's also possible, considering that this is the show that unwittingly impaled George W. Bush's head on a stick, that they just used whatever resources happened to be lying around.

Either way, it's a pretty neat little discovery for genre fans.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/03...ple-movie-swords-including-gandalfs-glamdring

:ohhh: What movie is the 2nd sword supposed to be from?

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI
You stanleys are always living in the past because you have no future. Okay maybe a bit of a future, but it depends on cripples, kindergarteners and lesbians.

We're talkin about CONQUEST breh, not aimless wandering. To me the contrast is.......stark. :banderas:

159657.jpg

one of the best episodes of south park ever

watch yo mouth fool….East side bloods!

Jards

All Star
Daps
Bought the box set and rewatching the whole series from scratch.

Season 1 Episode 2 when the Arya the young goon disarmed Joffery's bytch ass and had her foot on his neck :wow:

tumblr_m3z7dcWWEX1qgmtz5o1_250.gif

If looks could kill a nikka Joffery's punk ass would've been fish food at the bottom of that lake. The eyes of a killer if ever I saw one:whoo:

Vagar Morghulis nikka.

#starkset #wolfgang