Official Game of Thrones Season 4 Thread *The North Remembers*(NO SPOILERS!!)

BonafideDefacto

The Coli's Jetsetter & Globetrotter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
Brehs
At SXSW they have a virtual reality wall trolly
http://www.engadget.com/2014/03/10/hbo-game-of-thrones-oculus/
The frost-crusted wooden cage was carrying me to my death. I didn't know that for sure, but something just didn't feel right as the winch kicked into gear and the empty square of Castle Black retreated from my feet. My knees buckled as I began to ascend the 700-foot Wall. The floor rattled beneath my boots and I had to reach out to steady myself against the side of the ramshackle elevator. There was nothing beyond the stone battlements that the Night's Watch calls home. Well, not nothing exactly. There were a few towering pines and squat rocky mountains whose lower reaches were blanketed in thick featureless snow. Their peaks, if you could call them that, were black stains smeared across the blinding white expanse of the Kingdom of the North. As I climbed higher, the cool breeze turned into an icy gale and my collar flapped against my neck like a sail in a storm.

The truth is that my feet were firmly on Texas soil, but HBO and its partners Relevent and Framestore (which recently won an Academy Award for visual effects in Gravity) certainly managed to fool my brain. It wasn't just the Oculus Rift over my eyes or the headphones pumping realistic sound effects into my ears -- the experience was augmented by an assault on all of my other senses. For one, I was stuffed inside an actual cage. Its floor creaked as I shifted my weight and, even though I couldn't see my hands, I could reach out and feel the rough-hewn lumber surrounding me in the virtual Westeros. The cage rumbled and rattled as I rode up the wall and fans mounted in the ceiling blew cold air over me. It was easily the most immersive experience I've ever had with the Oculus.
While you would never mistake the graphics rendered in the Unity game engine for real life, the experience still felt real. When I stood on a flimsy platform of narrow planks hanging 700 feet above the frosted ground, my heart leaped. I was actually afraid I was going to fall to my death -- this virtual world inspired very real fear. It was so gripping that when the inevitable happened and I found the wall screaming past my face in the wrong direction, the wind howling around me, I couldn't breathe.

HBO is hardly the only company pushing the boundaries of the Oculus for marketing purposes. In fact, it's arguable that advertising agencies and content studios are doing more to advance the capabilities of virtual reality than the game developers that Oculus is designed for. Beck partnered with Lincoln on an advertising campaign that included him recording an epic orchestral rendition of David Bowie's "Sound and Vision." At Sundance, that was turned into an immersive experience that sucked you in primarily by playing with sound. As you turned your head, the sound of instruments shifted to the appropriate virtual location. If you were staring at the string section then turned around, the sound of the strings would appear to come from behind you.

Ogeeku created that advergame CorollaCade for Toyota, which made the simple tweak of putting a steering wheel in your hands. It might seem obvious, but even simple changes that take the gamepad out of your hand can really improve the Oculus experience. Studios like Chaotic Moon are even hacking together solutions just for fun. At this year's SXSW, it showed off SharkPunch, a silly and fun game that pairs the Oculus with a Leap Motion. So, rather than mashing buttons, you control the game by throwing actual punches. It will probably be one of these companies creating branded experiences that finally ties the Oculus together with motion control and other sensory input such as smell to create a virtual world so real it's terrifying.

Oculus%202.png

Francis White

i been away to long, my feeling died.
Daps
Reppin
New York, New York
Although Littlefinger's been smitten for decades, and still genuinely thought he had a chance until her untimely demise, I am not sure he's a simp. We all have things/people we covet. Littlefinger did exactly what we advise simps to do: he bettered himself, focused on his career instead of hoes. He didn't wallow in Marvin's Room.

But he did tell Ros he was "saving himself" for Cat, which is very simpish :patrice:

I'm gonna need @Francis White to weigh in here. :mjlol:
First of all Littlefinger is not a simp, he is a HOH charter member ask Ros , oh yeah she was used as target practice when she got out of pocket. Did he love Cat? Yes but that was his first and only love and now Lannisters about to catch it something awful for doing her wrong, plus he grooming Sansa or have you guys not noticed she narrates one of the new promos. Like I said before we got room on the bandwagon for you off brand houses. Don't worry we will put you under our wing and take care of like our son. Starks always need father figures in their lives, we got you covered.

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
First of all Littlefinger is not a simp, he is a HOH charter member ask Ros , oh yeah she was used as target practice when she got out of pocket. Did he love Cat? Yes but that was his first and only love and now Lannisters about to catch it something awful for doing her wrong, plus he grooming Sansa or have you guys not noticed she narrates one of the new promos. Like I said before we got room on the bandwagon for you off brand houses. Don't worry we will put you under our wing and take care of like our son. Starks always need father figures in their lives, we got you covered.
*challenges swordsman to duel to win womans heart*

*gets destroyed and wont give up. Gets sliced from neck to belly as punishment, life saved only by womans pleas for mercy*

*not a simp*

:mjlol:

Francis White

Daps
Reppin
New York, New York
*challenges swordsman to duel to win womans heart*

*gets destroyed and wont give up. Gets sliced from neck to belly as punishment, life saved only by womans pleas for mercy*

*not a simp*

:mjlol:
The guy was a teen. Cut him some slack, the guy who cut him is where? Dead and forgotten while Littlefinger name rings out all over the seven kingdoms.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
The guy was a teen. Cut him some slack, the guy who cut him is where? Dead and forgotten while Littlefinger name rings out all over the seven kingdoms.
ayo Frank have you read the books? Always enjoy your views even when I disagree.

ran into a Theon fan at work :merchant:

We were all talking about the show, and I was trying to speak neutrally since I was the only book reader. Then this Indian chick starts going on about how Theon is the GOAT, defending his lil Winterfell bullshyt, and saying she hopes he goes to the Wall so he can fight Jon Snow. Everybody at the table was like :what:

The Prince of All Saiyans

Formerly Jisoo Stan & @Twitter
Daps
that pitiful simp sat around brooding in the background amongst some whores for how long? :russ: he will get what is coming and it'll be wonderful:takedat:

Francis White

Daps
Reppin
New York, New York
that pitiful simp sat around brooding in the background amongst some whores for how long? :russ: he will get what is coming and it'll be wonderful:takedat:
First off Littlefinger will get what coming to him the throne and the seven kingdoms without getting dirty. Your set will be erased from history and it will be glorious.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Problem is every single L you named happened before last season

Last season was a constant W on every episode.

That's gaining experience. Going from all those losses, to a completely flawless season of wins.

She's freed slaves when her own advisors told her not to. Many times. They chose to stay with her. Those dragons could fly away. They choose her. She's taking over entire cities. She's had offers for boats and money. She turned them down. To free more slaves.

Boats won't be a problem to snatch up, or build with cities full of people and money you took from the rich

W's:
Stole an Unsulled Army (major W)
Hatched Dragons (major W)
Conquered Yunkai (eehhh)
Joined up with Daario and the Storm Crows (ehhh)

L's:
Forced into marriage with savages, tainting bloodline (ehhhh)
Watched as brother and only remaining male Targaryen was murdered by own husband, ending Targ bloodline (major L)
Husband killed in single combat, witch forced to save life by turning him into a statue (major L)
Dragons stolen by anorexic witch man (ehhhhh)
Gave birth to stillborn demon baby and destroyed own womb (incredible L)
Forced to murder own husband out of mercy (incredible L)
Still nowhere near Westeros, no plans on horizon (major L)

I like how yall call the second list "gaining experience" :lolbron:

Foxmulder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Long Island,NY
W's:
Stole an Unsulled Army (major W)
Hatched Dragons (major W)
Conquered Yunkai (eehhh)
Joined up with Daario and the Storm Crows (ehhh)

L's:
Forced into marriage with savages, tainting bloodline (ehhhh)
Watched as brother and only remaining male Targaryen was murdered by own husband, ending Targ bloodline (major L)
Husband killed in single combat, witch forced to save life by turning him into a statue (major L)
Dragons stolen by anorexic witch man (ehhhhh)
Gave birth to stillborn demon baby and destroyed own womb (incredible L)
Forced to murder own husband out of mercy (incredible L)
Still nowhere near Westeros, no plans on horizon (major L)

I like how yall call the second list "gaining experience" :lolbron:
:wow:That bytch over there in the westoros version of Afghanistan freeing a bunch of dusty slaves .And nikkas all:gladbron:.:snooze:

Microfracture

Real G's move in silence
Daps
Reppin
Knees
:wow:That bytch over there in the westoros version of Afghanistan freeing a bunch of dusty slaves .And nikkas all:gladbron:.:snooze:

Stannis is still hiding on Dragonstone licking his wounds after that literal ether got slowly poured over his soul. :camby:

Cuckholded fagg0t :heh: