Official Game of Thrones Season 4 Thread *The North Remembers*(NO SPOILERS!!)

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
Starks_aa3d89_4721080.jpg

:pachaha:

Malik

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV | Philly
Now that yall are talking about it, the best time for The North to have declared independence would have been during Robert's Rebellion. The same exact guys (The Greatjon, Karstark) that were around for Robb Stark and egging him on to make The North its own kingdom were around back then......it seems out of character for them to support a non-Targaryen King :patrice: The argument The Greatjon used was that Torren Stark only bent the knee because the Targaryens had dragons and that they would never follow no fakkits like the Lannisters.

So why would they follow a Baratheon :patrice:

Lord Rickard Stark, Brandon Stark and Lyanna Stark had all died/been killed. Seems like a perfect time for The North to band together and declare independence :patrice: Robert was in no position to make demands. Robert needed The North to win his war. Ned put in just as much work as Robert did to win the war. Ned should have been like: "I'll help you get the Iron Throne but, The North is mine"

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
They didnt fight the war to put Robert on the throne, just to take the Targs off. Ned could have took it if he wanted. Robert could be considered the Norths appointed king.

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
Now that yall are talking about it, the best time for The North to have declared independence would have been during Robert's Rebellion. The same exact guys (The Greatjon, Karstark) that were around for Robb Stark and egging him on to make The North its own kingdom were around back then......it seems out of character for them to support a non-Targaryen King :patrice: The argument The Greatjon used was that Torren Stark only bent the knee because the Targaryens had dragons and that they would never follow no fakkits like the Lannisters.

Lord Rickard Stark, Brandon Stark and Lyanna Stark had all died/been killed. Seems like a perfect time for The North to band together and declare independence :patrice: Robert was in no position to make demands. Robert needed The North to win his war. Ned put in just as much work as Robert did to win the war. Ned should have been like: "I'll help you get the Iron Throne but, The North is mine"
Ned was about that Warden life:manny:

And Robert Baratheon was part Targaryen; his grandmother was a Targaryen. In fact, the founder of House Baratheon was a Targ b*stard. It's what his legal claim was based on. With Aerys and Rhaegar dead and Viserys and Dany exiled, Robert was literally next in line under Targaryen succession. Now when it comes down to practicality, armies are what really end up settling these disputes. But, if any one wants to use the phrase "mine by rights", then the throne was Robert's "by rights" because of his Targaryen grandmother.

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ

Are u watchin the same thing? Ned ain't ambitious like that and had no desire to be King of the North. shyt, I even personally think Robb would have just sided with Stannis if Greatjon didn't yell out "THE KING IN THE NORTH!" Robb n his pappy weren't ambitious like that on their own and had honor enough to respect the line of succession which led to Stannis.

Jards

All Star
Daps
Second from the right is king of north nikka :birdman:
Far right is my nikka Jon Snow

Malik

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV | Philly
Are u watchin the same thing? Ned ain't ambitious like that and had no desire to be King of the North. shyt, I even personally think Robb would have just sided with Stannis if Greatjon didn't yell out "THE KING IN THE NORTH!" Robb n his pappy weren't ambitious like that on their own and had honor enough to respect the line of succession which led to Stannis.

That same Greatjon fought in the Rebellion 20 years ago.

Why would he and all those northern lords band together behind a 14 year old kid but, for some odd reason, they didn't band together behind a full grown adult man (Ned), right after half of House Stark was murdered, and they had all the leverage in the world to force the Baratheons to honor their wishes. Its out of character. Its edging into the realm of "because GRRM said so...." "because thats how GRRM wrote it"...."because GRRM needed it for the plot".....but its not true to the characters to be so gung ho about The North being free with Robb Stark but, not seeking independence before with Ned. If it was true to those characters (Umbers, Karstarks), some Northern lord should have spoke up 20 years ago and asked why they were serving a Baratheon :dahell:

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons

Why would he and all those northern lords band together behind a 14 year old kid but, for some odd reason, they didn't band together behind a full grown adult man (Ned), right after half of House Stark was murdered, and they had all the leverage in the world to force the Baratheons to honor their wishes. Its out of character. Its edging into the realm of "because GRRM said so...." "because thats how GRRM wrote it"...."because GRRM needed it for the plot".....but its not true to the characters to be so gung ho about The North being free with Robb Stark but, not seeking independence before with Ned. If it was true to those characters (Umbers, Karstarks), some Northern lord should have spoke up 20 years ago and asked why they were serving a Baratheon :dahell:
They banded behind a 14 year old kid because he was the Warden of the North and they were his bannerman. That's how it works. The whole King of the North stuff came about because the Iron Throne was under dispute and they were discussing who to pledge allegiance to. From the time Torrhen Stark bent the knee thru the early parts of Aerys II's rule, the North had no issues under Targaryen rule. Aerys II fukked that up and they rebelled. Why would you fight along the Baratheons, agree to crown Robert king of the Seven Kingdoms and then turn around and tell him you're seceding from the Seven Kingdoms?:what: What logical reason would they have at that point to want to be independent after not being independent for centuries and after rebelling and putting someone of their choosing on the throne? You wanted these cats to fight a rebellion and then turn around and fight another one if need be?:heh: What Greatjon Umber did 20 years later doesn't matter. We're gonna act like the fact we're comparing two events, under 2 completely different circumstances, 20 years apart isn't an important distinction to make? Ned and Robert were friends and raised by Jon Arryn from the age of 8, but you expected Ned to fight a rebellion alongside him and then tell him he was going home and taking nearly half the kingdom with him?:dead:

King Crimson

Member of a very exclusive gang
Daps
Reppin
Bk/NY

I'd assume it's bece they had a certain respect for Robert Baratheon. Even moreso because that was Ned's man. It also seemed like they were left in peace, and to their own affairs. Now when punkass joffrey comes along it's problems because, well, he's a punk bastid.
Kinda how if you working somewhere and your supervisor is a cool dude and lets you slide with shyt, you'll let certain shyt rock. When his successor comes in and busts your balls over being 2 mins late, you'll find lots of shyt to get aggy over.