Official Game of Thrones Season 4 Thread *The North Remembers*(NO SPOILERS!!)

King Crimson

Member of a very exclusive gang
Daps
Reppin
Bk/NY
Yooooo.... Brehs... I think I'm onto something. Home rewatching, I'm on eps 5 of season 1 and I heard something that set my spider senses off.... I don't know if to ask in this thread, nor if to just let it rock, but rewatching the series, I'm keen on a lot of things. I want to ask, but I don't want to get ahead of myself and spoil anything. :lupe: & :noah:

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
Yooooo.... Brehs... I think I'm onto something. Home rewatching, I'm on eps 5 of season 1 and I heard something that set my spider senses off.... I don't know if to ask in this thread, nor if to just let it rock, but rewatching the series, I'm keen on a lot of things. I want to ask, but I don't want to get ahead of myself and spoil anything. :lupe: & :noah:

Ask in spoiler tags and I will answer in spoiler tags and I will not answer if it will ruin the TV enjoyment for you.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Only conclusions anyone has attempted to draw from that is that Ned must be a great swordsman if he survived. Me and a couple other dudes are the ones saying it's ridiculous to assume that.

the quote was "Ned fought Arthur Dayne and lived to talk about it." it seemed to be a counterpoint to the idea that Ned was some sort of chump. but maybe I'm trying to be too reasonable in a thread where people were also trying to say Jamie was some sort of chump...

King Crimson

Daps
Reppin
Bk/NY
Ask in spoiler tags and I will answer in spoiler tags and I will not answer if it will ruin the TV enjoyment for you.
:lupe:
Promise? Just let me know if you can't answer...
In the episode, Varys is talking to Magiser Illryio, I didn't notice it before, but it was the same guy that Viserys and Daenerys was talking to... He mentioned that there was may still be one alive, but it didn't seem as if they were talking about Dany or Viserys.... Could it be? :lupe:

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
In the episode, Varys is talking to Magiser Illryio, I didn't notice it before, but it was the same guy that Viserys and Daenerys was talking to... He mentioned that there was may still be one alive, but it didn't seem as if they were talking about Dany or Viserys.... Could it be? :lupe:
:whoa:

Dat Migo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Boston
keep watching :lupe:

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA

I just went and rewatched the scene and don't hear anything like what you are describing. All I hear is them talking about needing more time because Danaerys is still pregnant. What is it I'm missing that you heard?

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps

I'll just say that convo is the source of much intrigue

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Thank you:salute:This convo always goes like this. No one knows how the battle went down. All we know is that Ned claims Howland saved his life from Arthur Dayne. That means that Dayne and Ned might have never even clashed swords before Howland got involved. This whole Ned vs. Jamie discussion wouldn't even exist if the show didn't feel the need to get as much out of Sean Bean's character as possible before they killed him off. There's a reason that when people talk about Jamie they automatically mention his fighting prowess and when they talk about Ned they mention his honor. Ned had a ton of great qualities, no need to invent more of them.

I been saying this about Ned. Dude can be a gawd in everything and just get offed like he did.

When it came to swordsmanship
Jamie = Lebron
Ned = D Wade
Loras/his brother = KD

The rest are all muddled in, the Clegane's are freaks of nature basically outliers, kinda like Wilt and Bill Russell.

King Crimson

Daps
Reppin
Bk/NY

I'll just say that convo is the source of much intrigue

keep watching :lupe:

I just went and rewatched the scene and don't hear anything like what you are describing. All I hear is them talking about needing more time because Danaerys is still pregnant. What is it I'm missing that you heard?
I got 2 ppl telling me to fall back and two answers... And I'm ducking my head so I don't accidentally read anything... I feel like sucha clown... lmao

Edit: I did it.. I read. :russ: @Rob Van Ham
One sec @Adam3000 I'm going to rewind and find the exact time in the episode.

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
I been saying this about Ned. Dude can be a gawd in everything and just get offed like he did.

When it came to swordsmanship
Jamie = Lebron
Ned = D Wade
Loras/his brother = KD

The rest are all muddled in, the Clegane's are freaks of nature basically outliers, kinda like Wilt and Bill Russell.

who would be MJ? :patrice:

robert b maybe? i know every backstory on him has him winning melees like it was nothing

King Crimson

Daps
Reppin
Bk/NY
this is the scene we're talking about, right?

(put in spoilers for anyone that doesn't want to know what we're talking about. but it's just a scene from the show)

Yep. That's it. It seems I'm reaching. They're definitely talking about killing Ned if need be and him finding Robert's b*stards. I got geeked over nothing :snoop:

False alarm. I so want something to latch onto. April 6th can't come fast enough. :sadcam:

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
who would be MJ? :patrice:

robert b maybe? i know every backstory on him has him winning melees like it was nothing

The only one close would prolly be Barristan in his prime he was unfukkwithable, even now he like Jordan wearing the 45. In season 1 he told Meyrn Trant he would cut them nikkas down like cake and they fell back too....cuz they knew Barristan don't play no games.

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
Yep. That's it. It seems I'm reaching. They're definitely talking about killing Ned if need be and him finding Robert's b*stards. I got geeked over nothing

Yeah, like I said, I didn't hear it. Just keep on watching, there is a lot that even book readers don't know about what is going on behind the scenes. There are still 2 more books before a lot of this crazy shyt is explored. It is an interesting conversation for a lot of reasons and you can try and dig up whatever theories you want from it, that is half the fun. It is a scene that goes over most peoples heads because upon first viewing they have no idea who the 2 people are, and the scene is never referenced again.