Official Game of Thrones Season 4 Thread *The North Remembers*(NO SPOILERS!!)

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
Yea, and not every person who could best Jaimie is on the kings guard so I don't see your point. Tywin already showed he would put nikkas on the kings guard for various reason, so it's not like all them are the elite if the elite, same with the nights watch.

Lord commander was already grooming Jon to lead, Jaimie wind up being beaten, captured and held prisoner by Robb.

Jaimie was confident he could clown Brienne, and Ned...he failed. Jaimie considered Brienne and Ned weaker fighters, look where that got him. Like, I said, put Jon and Robb through training I think they would school, Jaimie.

That's your opinion and that's cool, this is my opinion. :yeshrug:
I don't think you can hold that Brienne fight against him. He was weak and in chains. Brienne is not seeing a healthy Jamie IMO, no matter how much he underestimates her.

Fan Made Trailer put together from the 15 minute preview

Jards

All Star
Daps
tumblr_m3z7dcWWEX1qgmtz5o1_250.gif
The young goon aka lady hitta about to crip walk over a lot of Nikkas dreams and ambitions once she links up with my nikka Jaqen aka Jaqavelli :banderas:

Microfracture

Real G's move in silence
Daps
Reppin
Knees
Not once did state for a fact that Robb or Jon could take Jaimie, I said if they got put through training I think they could...if you don't think its possible, that's cool breh...that's the whole point of fantasy.

Jon out there dealing with the killer weather, giants, wargs, wights, wildlings, white walkers...the kings guard ain't seeing none of that action. So yea, in my opinion...once again with training Jon will be considered a better swordsman.

In the show, Jaimie has been fought to a stand still by Ned, and beaten by Brienne, I'm just stating facts breh. Prodigy or not, every great warrior has their day and can lose at anytime (in life and fantasy). Look at Drogo, Robert and the Mountain.

The show really should've had scenes with Jamie cutting through 7 soldiers until he was captured by all those Northmen. With training Jon could maybe hang with Jamie but he's not winning. Jon struggled to kill Qorin Halfhand who wasn't really trying to win. Plus Jon hasn't been battle tested like Jaime has.

DonkeyPuncher718

If Your Knee Dont Bend It Can Be Broken
Daps
Reppin
The Wall
Whoa whoa whoa....now Im all about Lannister bashing, but Jaime was named to the kingsguard at age 15 while Robb and Jon were still hitting eachother with wooden swords in Winterfell. Jaime is well established as one of the best prior to losing his hand. Jon and Robb have no point of comparison

Im not a Lannister dude but seriously Jaime sword skills were on some other shyt EARLY 15 being signed to the kingsguard?

Thats like going from elementary school and going straight to the league:laugh:

breh, Jaime is a prodigy with the sword. If you were on the kingsguard you were beyond legit, and he was the youngest ever. He's Lebron status

He's arrogant as fukk, but backs it up. :ld:

The Floyd comparison is PERFECT like just naturally gifted then when you add that work ethic it becomes truly transcendent

Jaime's arrogance is his biggest problem

I am at work I am going to continue watching when I get home tonight its been a long time since I rewatched season 1 and I'm up to episode 5

Its just funny seeing Danerys like this I cant from that speech Khal Drogo gives about taking the throne back for his wife and unborn son I just kept thinking about Tupac and "Ambitionz Of A Ridah" song playing through my head I dont know why

"I will Rape their women and enslave their children tear their broken Gods down and bring them to Vaes Dothrak":bryan:

Thank goodness that witch made that nygga a human bean bag I dont think westeros would be able to handle that problem:yeshrug:

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
Ned fought Arthur Dayne and lived to talk about it.

tumblr_lk36loX7UX1qj8q3to1_1280.jpg

Ser_Arthur_Dayne_by_henning.jpg
Him and like 7 other nikka's to take on The Sword of the Morning and 2 other Kingsguard. Breh, if Dayne went up against Ned 1 on 1, Catelyn would have been a widow way back. Ned himself said the only reason he's alive is because of Howland Reed. He couldnt have hung with Dayne back then breh.

In regards to Jon becoming a better swordsman....man, I dunno. Who does he have up at the wall to train with that's better than what Jaime had at his age? I don't think the show really does a good enough job of displaying just how fukking dirty Jaime is. This nikka almost had Robb's fukking head outside of Riverrun, and that was AFTER he knew the battle was lost.Actually lol nah. Even saying that Jon is gonna become as great a swordsman as Jaime is ridiculous. Jaimie pre-cut was probably top 3 in the realm. I don't see Jon having skills like that, but shyt, maybe he will get there.

This nikka had been starved by the wolves and kept in chains. He was bloody and weak and battered when he went up against Brienne and STILL almost took her down.

Couple other things. Did ya'll nikkas know that the chick who plays Brienne is actually kinda sorta a bad bytch? I would have never fukking guessed mane. They really ugged her up for the show.

Another thing, this is probably my favorite scene that I dont remember being in the books.

Littlefinger stepped outta pocket for a second. Know your role nikka :ufdup:

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
:stopitslime:

Jaime would be missing more than just a hand if he went up against Ned. Ned's a viscious warrior and a proven kingsguard slayer. Kept his skills on the low.

"Speak softly and carry a big stick" -- Teddy Roosevelt

Jaime is best known for sticking his sword in an unarmed mans back. Should have lost his knighthood for that. He is the Jay-Z of swordsmen.....you tell people you are the greatest enough times and they start to believe you
You are fukking retarded. There, I said it. You motherfukkers think that Jaime just puffed up his own fukking reputation? Why the fukk you think Karstark was so adament on killing Lannisters? Jamie put them hands on both his fukking sons in a battle he knew they were gonna lose, but he just wanted to take as many bodies wit him n see if King Robb was bout that life too. He was selected to the fukking Kingsguard at age 15. Youngest ever. It's not his fault he's been there for so long and never got a chance to take part in many wars. Yeah, they lost the battle in Riverrun, because Jaime has no mind for strategy most of the time. He gets angry and just goes. The amount of carnage he caused in that loss doe :obama:

Daps
Im not a Lannister dude but seriously Jaime sword skills were on some other shyt EARLY 15 being signed to the kingsguard?

Thats like going from elementary school and going straight to the league:laugh:

The Floyd comparison is PERFECT like just naturally gifted then when you add that work ethic it becomes truly transcendent

Jaime's arrogance is his biggest problem

I am at work I am going to continue watching when I get home tonight its been a long time since I rewatched season 1 and I'm up to episode 5

Its just funny seeing Danerys like this I cant from that speech Khal Drogo gives about taking the throne back for his wife and unborn son I just kept thinking about Tupac and "Ambitionz Of A Ridah" song playing through my head I dont know why

"I will Rape their women and enslave their children tear their broken Gods down and bring them to Vaes Dothrak":bryan:

Thank goodness that witch made that nygga a human bean bag I dont think westeros would be able to handle that problem:yeshrug:

They wouldn't have had to...95% of his warriors would've died due to sea sickness had he tried to cross the narrow sea :skip:

DonkeyPuncher718

If Your Knee Dont Bend It Can Be Broken
Daps
Reppin
The Wall
:what:

you wasn't riding with the khal after that speech? :pacspit:

Nah breh being black im not about that slave life real life or westeros lol

Khal Drogo would have burned everything to the ground breh you remember during the first season when they sacked that town and the witch was talking to Danerys about how they killed a boy she just cured of sickness and before Danerys stop them bloodriders from raping her she been raped 3 times prior that day:merchant:

She saved millions of lives by giving Khal Drogo that witchcraft work:skip:

They wouldn't have had to...95% of his warriors would've died due to sea sickness had he tried to cross the narrow sea :skip:

Yea forgot about that little tidbit plus who would give them enough ships to get 40k people over the Narrow Sea??

I dont think Ilyrio and Varys pockets are that deep I know there are some houses still loyal to the targryans in the realm maybe they would have come to their aid.:yeshrug:

Microfracture

Real G's move in silence
Daps
Reppin
Knees
If the Dothraki made it to Westeros is would be problems for all 7 kingdoms.

The Dothraki would have no advantages in attacking castles. All they would do is rape and sack every town until each lord had to send out their armies to meet them in the open field. And remember at this time Westeros was divided between Lannister support, Renly support, and Stannis support, and Northern support. The Dothraki would take advantage of that, and its not like those enemies would unit against them.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Him and like 7 other nikka's to take on The Sword of the Morning and 2 other Kingsguard. Breh, if Dayne went up against Ned 1 on 1, Catelyn would have been a widow way back. Ned himself said the only reason he's alive is because of Howland Reed. He couldnt have hung with Dayne back then breh.

no one really knows what happened there. but I think the point was that Dayne was a truly top-tier knight (perhaps better than Ser Barristan). Ned, Cat, and Jamie say so much. plus he was the one that knighted Jamie. and apparently Ned did not balk at challenging him

I agree that doesn't say anything definitive about how Ned's skill compare to Jamie's. I think Jamie is generally considered the better swordsman, but the better man doesn't always win...

anyway Ned's dead and Jamie lost his sword hand :yeshrug:

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
no on. Threally knows what happened there. but I think the point was that Dayne was a truly top-tier knight (perhaps better than Ser Barristan). Ned, Cat, and Jamie say so much. plus he was the one that knighted Jamie. and apparently Ned did not balk at challenging him

I agree that doesn't say anything definitive about how Ned's skill compare to Jamie's. I think Jamie is generally considered the better swordsman, but the better man doesn't always win...

anyway Ned's dead and Jamie lost his sword hand :yeshrug:

Exactly. Ned says that Dayne was the greatest OF ALL TIME....and Ned lived. No one said he could beat Dayne 1 on 1, that would be silly. But how many people are calling Jamie the GOAT? Zero. Its a different ballgame.

Jamie himself acknowledges that Barristan and the Mountain are better than him, so Jamie isnt even top 2 currently in his own mind despite being the cockiest by far.

And Im fukking retarded for saying Ned would beat him? Where is the evidence for Jamie's undefeatable greatness? All I see is him yapping his mouth. Meanwhile I see Ned overthrowing a whole kingdom and being the only survivor of a battle against 3 kingsguard led by the GOAT (Howland Reed dont count, we know the crannogmen aint about that sword life he probably survived through trickery).

@Mikey2Toes up in here making my whole point about the Jay-Z comparison. Yell it loud enough and people believe you. There aint no question that healthy Jamie was top tier. But to underestimate Ned to the point of calling someone fukking retarded is laughable. The one time the two had a showdown a fakkit with a spear decided to play :cape: for Jamie.

@southsideblk the thing you seem to be ignoring is that Jon and Robb have been training their whole lives for swordfighting. You keep putting "with training" in bold letters like there is some sort of super training that could put them on Jamie's level.