Official Game of Thrones Season 4 Thread *The North Remembers*(NO SPOILERS!!)

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
Dorne?

199.gif

Ain't yall the ones that tucked it in like The Crying Game for the last 14 years?

.........wait for it.........

mj-laughing.gif

Last edited:

Arianne Martell

"Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken"
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
House Martell #SnakeGang #Targset
Rhaegar Targaryen was married to Elia Martell
2r4ub8j.jpg

A century and a half later King Daeron I, the Young Dragon, managed to do what his ancestor could not and successfully subdued the kingdom. Unfortunately, Dorne almost immediately rose in rebellion. In the resulting conflict, forty thousand soldiers gave their lives, forcing the Targaryens to pull away from Dorne.

After Daeron's death, his brother and successor Baelor the Blessed made peace with Dorne instead, marrying off his cousin, another Daeron, to Myriah Martell. When this prince ruled as Daeron II, he made another marriage pact, offering his younger sister Daenerys to the ruling Prince of Dorne Maron Martell, finally joining Dorne to the rest of the Seven Kingdoms through a peaceful alliance. Before officially joining the realm, the Dornishmen fought alongside Daeron II's forces (being led by his half-Martell son Baelor Breakspear), helping to suppress the Blackfyre Rebellion.

we go way back like four flats on a Cadillac
2r4ub8j.jpg

Malik

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV | Philly
He had to die (or at least an attempted murder) the moment he thought he could negotiate his way back into the Twins. You gotta understand just how big of a slap in the face it was to Walder Frey to turn his back on the marriage oath. Walder Frey, an incredibly proud man, has his daughter promised to be married into a royal family only for Robb to turn his back on what should have been an unbreakable vow (on the show because he was 'in love' and in the book because of misguided honor).

This was actually way worse then a slap in the face to Walder, it was Robb making a mockery of his house. Now, dont get it twisted, Im not justifying the Red Wedding because that was an abomination of all the laws of gods and men. I'm just saying that at some point, Frey HAD to take an attempt at killing Robb. Otherwise it would have been disingenuous storytelling for the world they are living in

I still blame that fukking Tully bytch Catelyn (last name omitted). I never even liked Robb because of her. Even the way she says his name...Rawwbb:pacspit:

Edmure Tully and Catelyn (last name omitted) lost the war for him.

Tbh, Frey was being a greedy opportunistic b*stard from the get go for even bringing up that marriage offer. At the time, Robb was attempting to make the North a sovereign kingdom again. Or at the very least position The North to become something sorta like Dorne. Robb was gonna be KING. You want him to make your daughter a QUEEN because he crossed your bridge once? That's an unbalanced trade. Alliances are supposed to be mutually beneficial. Marrying a Frey girl to Edmure and a Frey boy to Arya like Catelyn suggested should have been enough :pacspit:Through Edmure and the Frey girl's future child, the Freys would have gotten Riverrun. But no....Frey wanted too much. He wanted House Frey on equal standing with House Tully and House Stark and he was already acting like it was......when he had pledged fealty to the Tullys :pacspit: Far as I'm concerned, he was disloyal from the jump by holding the Starks for ransom at his bridge knowing the Tullys were aligned with them. If Hoster wasn't an old gimp dying in his bed and was a just ruler, he would have thrown Walder into the Twins :camby:

Last edited:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
:stopitslime::ohhh: So a notable character who was in the season 3 finale should've died earlier in the season.
Balon Greyjoy

I learned this from reading the Book-to-screen analysis for the season 3 finale on westeros.org

you never 'see' Balon die in the book, you just 'hear' about it. although the first you hear about it is when it's being told to Robb (I think). not a huge inconsistency IMO. we'll probably hear about it shortly into the season

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
:stopitslime::ohhh: *snip*
*snip*

I learned this from reading the Book-to-screen analysis for the season 3 finale on westeros.org

Breh, you are tiptoeing on the line of thread decency one too many times throughout this thread. This is not the book discussion thread and that is all you post about. You continue to read spoiler source material yet pass off the fact that you haven't read the books as an excuse to talk loose. You probably got 5-10 posts in this thread that shouldn't be here, especially including this one. Spoiler tags should not be used to hide major spoilers, people may click them by accident. Major spoilers belong nowhere in this thread, hidden or not. Especially major spoilers where you describe what you are about to spoil and only hide the name

Why don't you just read the books and join the book thread and get it over with? You spend so much time reading internet source material you could have finished the books by now.

dc007

All Star
Daps
Reppin
DC
Breh, you are tiptoeing on the line of thread decency one too many times throughout this thread. This is not the book discussion thread and that is all you post about. You continue to read spoiler source material yet pass off the fact that you haven't read the books as an excuse to talk loose. You probably got 5-10 posts in this thread that shouldn't be here, especially including this one. Spoiler tags should not be used to hide major spoilers, people may click them by accident. Major spoilers belong nowhere in this thread, hidden or not. Especially major spoilers where you describe what you are about to spoil and only hide the name

Why don't you just read the books and join the book thread and get it over with? You spend so much time reading internet source material you could have finished the books by now.

This is exactly why I didn't even come into this thread until I finished all the books. People just can't help themselves.