Official Game of Thrones Season 4 Thread *The North Remembers*(NO SPOILERS!!)

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
Are you brehs and brehettes even rewatching the seasons or is it just me ? I'm picking up on soo much shyt this time around...never even knew Ser Davos had his finger tips chopped off by Stannis for smuggling.:scusthov:...and Davos keeps them in a pouch strapped around his neck,:damn: straight leather face type shyt.

Oh shyt, before I forget @Don Drogo :salute:Preciate that my dude

Can y'all believe we 150 pages in and the season is still months away:myman:

:smugdraper: Yeah, I posted something similar earlier in this thread when I was rewatching Season 1 (I'm currently rewatching Season 3):
See, this is why I'm currently rewatching GoT. When I originally watched GoT for the first time back in December, I knew very little about it. So a lot of details & scenes on the show & references to stuff that took place before the show/books went over my head & I didn't understand some things. This forum & especially the ASOFAI wiki site has been helpful. I done basically read every notable character's backstory & storylines from the Book 1 & 2 and other stuff.

Now that I'm rewatching Season 1, I'm able to pick up & understand ALL the details & references that went over my head the first time I watched it. For example:

1. I didn't realize that The Hound's older brother The Mountain was on this show.
2. I didn't realize how cold Catlyn was to Jon Snow in the first couple of episodes.
3. I didn't quite understand that whenever a character is telling a random story on the show, they're talking about the back history that takes place before the show/books.
4. I confused Lancel Lannister with Loras Tyrell (Probably because Lancel dress liked a flamboyant fakkit). I thought Lancel was the dude that shaved Renley's chest & went down on him. :scusthov:
5. I didn't know the difference between the King's Guard, The City Watch/Goldcloaks, & the Lannister's own Guards.
6. Theon is basically a glorified servant in the Stark Household, despite being a Ward. I didn't know folks were making fun of him for being a prisoner.
7. Jory Cassel is a notable character

That's some of them off the top of my head.

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
will never, ever buy into that "he had to die" bullshyt martin be talkin.

He had to die (or at least an attempted murder) the moment he thought he could negotiate his way back into the Twins. You gotta understand just how big of a slap in the face it was to Walder Frey to turn his back on the marriage oath. Walder Frey, an incredibly proud man, has his daughter promised to be married into a royal family only for Robb to turn his back on what should have been an unbreakable vow (on the show because he was 'in love' and in the book because of misguided honor).

This was actually way worse then a slap in the face to Walder, it was Robb making a mockery of his house. Now, dont get it twisted, Im not justifying the Red Wedding because that was an abomination of all the laws of gods and men. I'm just saying that at some point, Frey HAD to take an attempt at killing Robb. Otherwise it would have been disingenuous storytelling for the world they are living in

I still blame that fukking Tully bytch Catelyn (last name omitted). I never even liked Robb because of her. Even the way she says his name...Rawwbb:pacspit:

Edmure Tully and Catelyn (last name omitted) lost the war for him.

southsideblk

A D@mn Freshmen again
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
He had to die (or at least an attempted murder) the moment he thought he could negotiate his way back into the Twins. You gotta understand just how big of a slap in the face it was to Walder Frey to turn his back on the marriage oath. Walder Frey, an incredibly proud man, has his daughter promised to be married into a royal family only for Robb to turn his back on what should have been an unbreakable vow (on the show because he was 'in love' and in the book because of misguided honor).

This was actually way worse then a slap in the face to Walder, it was Robb making a mockery of his house. Now, dont get it twisted, Im not justifying the Red Wedding because that was an abomination of all the laws of gods and men. I'm just saying that at some point, Frey HAD to take an attempt at killing Robb. Otherwise it would have been disingenuous storytelling for the world they are living in

I still blame that fukking Tully bytch Catelyn (last name omitted). I never even liked Robb because of her. Even the way she says his name...Rawwbb:pacspit:

Edmure Tully and Catelyn (last name omitted) lost the war for him.

Yeah, story wise I get it, I know the freys were really depending on building that alliance, especially considering how other families viewed them. Granted, I didn't like the way Robb was becoming after Tulisa had been introduced, breaking oaths, forcing edmure to do what he was against doing, killing lords, etc.

I would have just stopped supporting Robb had I been Walder, but to chopped the man up..then his wife, then, his unborn, then his mom dukes, then grey wind.....I can't...but hey, maybe it was the stray that broke the camels back. After being shytted on so much, I really can't blame the guy:manny:

Why you hate cat so much ?:lolbron::pachaha:

Elle Driver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
At the beginning of mean streets
tumblr_n14qd9vPzo1qzgc80o1_500.gif

tumblr_n14qd9vPzo1qzgc80o2_500.gif

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
How many Targset roll with the Mad King?

Plus, she aint Jon's momma thats the ether made her soul burn slow

any claim Targset has derives from the Mad King

as far as Jon Snow. I seem to remember you being rather certain of a certain theory

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
any claim Targset has derives from the Mad King

as far as Jon Snow. I seem to remember you being rather certain of a certain theory

But they still dont roll with the Mad King, thats my point. He caused all their problems, just like Cat caused many of ours directly or indirectly

Anti-Cat is just me though, I dont speak for Starkset they can make up their own minds

And for the stuff you tagged hidden
it doesnt matter in this regard, Cat aint Jons momma that is fact. When GRRM makes his reveal, the details will dictate whether I embrace the Targs. But I cant make alliances based on theories.

Foxmulder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Long Island,NY
disown the mother of all the living members of your set brehs :skip:
:russ:They blaming her for Robb's stupidity.Every L Robb took was his fault.Plus releasing Jaimie didn't do shyt.Tywin already threw Jaimie in the bushes after he was caught.He planned and executed the red wedding and he didn't even know Jaimie was released.

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
:russ:They blaming her for Robb's stupidity.Every L Robb took was his fault.Plus releasing Jaimie didn't do shyt.Tywin already threw Jaimie in the bushes after he was caught.He planned and executed the red wedding and he didn't even know Jaimie was released.
Cmon breh its a butterfly effect and you are ignoring the different layers. I can't write an essay on it or anything because I would have to go and rewatch the show and reread the books which takes too long, but off the top of my head Cat [last name omitted] releasing Jamie caused the Karstark to murder the two Lannister children. This caused Robb to chop off Karstark's head (the honorable thing to do) which erased a huge chunk of his army and forced him to have to go back to Walder Frey.

She is the tipping point for so many L's, it would take a long time to explain it all out. shyt, you can even argue that her trying to bottle up Bran's climbing and curiousity is what led to Jamie pushing him out of the window. That would be a big reach, but most other shyt is fairly direct.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Cat was also the one that cautioned Robb most about "prickly" Walder Frey

I don't remember if it was on the show, but she was on some straight up "Robb, make sure you ask for bread and salt" shyt.

Daps
Reppin
thetown to global
Cmon breh its a butterfly effect and you are ignoring the different layers. I can't write an essay on it or anything because I would have to go and rewatch the show and reread the books which takes too long, but off the top of my head Cat [last name omitted] releasing Jamie caused the Karstark to murder the two Lannister children. This caused Robb to chop off Karstark's head (the honorable thing to do) which erased a huge chunk of his army and forced him to have to go back to Walder Frey.

She is the tipping point for so many L's, it would take a long time to explain it all out. shyt, you can even argue that her trying to bottle up Bran's climbing and curiousity is what led to Jamie pushing him out of the window. That would be a big reach, but most other shyt is fairly direct.

bolded is true. cat was gully tho, she made a lot shytty decisions but her motives were always detailed so you could feel for her on some "a mothers gotta do what she gotta do" shyt.

treating jon like shyt was foul tho, especially since she is aware of it too but still can't muster up some compassion for a motherless child.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
Cat was also the one that cautioned Robb most about "prickly" Walder Frey

I don't remember if it was on the show, but she was on some straight up "Robb, make sure you ask for bread and salt" shyt

They completely skipped over the bread & salt guest rights on the show. I heard bookreaders all over the internet were upset about that.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
:russ: I'm currently rewatching episode 8 of Season 3. Tell me why the captain of the Second Sons sellsword Army tried to smell Missandei's p*ssy, when she was serving him wine? This nikka is SO disrespectful to women.