Official Game of Thrones Season 4 Thread *The North Remembers*(NO SPOILERS!!)

Daps
I watched Season 1 again and something don't add up with Ned...

He is so fukking loyal and honorable....To a fault where he makes dumb ass decisions....Yet he has a b*stard?...He can't stay loyal to his wife even if the p*ssy is thrown at him?....That doesn't make sense to me based on how he's portrayed...

I'm with you on this. It doesn't mesh with his character. It's why I'm 99% convinced Jon isn't his.

Everybody says this. From fans to Robert Baratheon.

Seems obvious Jon ain't his son.... almost too obvious.

Daps
Is his big Targaryan reveal going to be when Dany sicks the dragons on Jon and Stannis and Jon emerges from the fires unscathed? :ehh:

Probably.

Remember the fire burnt him when he killed that wight in season one (saving the Lord Commander's life), so he's not immune to fire.

Tho that does not preclude him from being a Targ, word to Viserys.

Food Mane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Remember the fire burnt him when he killed that wight in season one (saving the Lord Commander's life), so he's not immune to fire.

Tho that does not preclude him from being a Targ, word to Viserys.

In the book and show he burns his hand killing the wight to save Mormont in Season 1 by throwing the Lantern.

Good points, brehs. Good points.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Thread been dead since this morning, so it'll come down this Sunday.

Fred.

TKOK

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sactown
In the book and show he burns his hand killing the wight to save Mormont in Season 1 by throwing the Lantern.
Only true scene of targ fire proof-ness is when Dany walked into the fire for the Dragon eggs, but there was probably some weird magic behind that.

TKOK

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sactown
It might be a special case with Dany or magic as you said.
I was looking it up and here is what GRRM said.

Granny: Do Targaryens become immune to fire once they "bond" to their dragons?

George_RR_Martin: Granny, thanks for asking that. It gives me a chance to clear up a common misconception. TARGARYENS ARE NOT IMMUNE TO FIRE! The birth of Dany's dragons was unique, magical, wonderous, a miracle. She is called The Unburnt because she walked into the flames and lived. But her brother sure as hell wasn't immune to that molten gold.

Revanshe: So she won't be able to do it again?

George_RR_Martin: Probably not.

Alexander The Great

I ain't gonna say this sh*t again
Supporter
Daps
Everybody says this. From fans to Robert Baratheon.

Seems obvious Jon ain't his son.... almost too obvious.
but why did he tell Jon he had Stark blood then? He said, you may not have my name, but you have my blood. Also, he and Robert briefly discuss Jon's mother in season 1.

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
but why did he tell Jon he had Stark blood then? He said, you may not have my name, but you have my blood. Also, he and Robert briefly discuss Jon's mother in season 1.

the theory is that ned is jon's uncle. thats why he said u have my blood but not my name. the whole reason for robert's rebellion was rhaegar targaryen supposedly kidnapping lyanna stark, ned's sister.

some people say she wasnt kidnapped, but went willingly. theoretically, somebody like varys or littlefinger or whoever was like them in those days got in ned's older brother's ear and lied. ned's older brother went to kings landing making threats and the mad king killed him and his father over it, which sparked the rebellion.

Daps

The most popular theory is that Jon is really the lovechild of Ned's sister and Rhagaer Targaryen, if that's true then Jon does indeed have his blood.

That discussion with Robert is one of the many reasons folks (myself included) don't believe Jon is Ned's son. Robert notes how crazy it is that Honest Ned slept around on his wife, yet Robert can't remember this whore's name...I don't even think Robert can remember what she looks like. That whole convo seemed awkward with Ned not being very forthcoming.

Sugar

Banned
Daps
I got a question brehs

Was Tywin serious when he told Tyrion that he never intended to let him get beheaded? Cuz earlier that episode, when he was talking to Cercsi, he said that Tyrion's sentence would go on as planned. But when Tyrion rose up on him with that pump-action, he tried to give gim that :myman: