Official Game of Thrones Season 4 Thread *The North Remembers*(NO SPOILERS!!)

Long Live The Kane

Tyrant Titan
Daps
Yeah...i'm glad they 86'd that lil tangent @Adam3000 posted...that sh!t sounds pretty silly and we would've been bombarded with muh'fukkas talking about how the show shopped the shark and what not

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
***5 Star, Super Incredibly Important Post Ahead*** :skip:

Before this thread dies for good, I need to make one more plea to non-book readers that it is official, you HAVE to read the books now if you want to understand this full story.

Keep reading if you want to know why, stop reading if you consider the word 'book' a cuss word. I won't drop any spoilers here in the open though.

The gap in excitement for the season finale between book readers and show watchers was huge. There were 2 main reasons for that, one of them being a scene from the epilogue of the 3rd book A Storm of Swords not being a part of the episode despite book-readers feelings that it would have been a perfect 10/10 final scene and would have built an insane amount of hype. After this shock of not including the scene, many began to wonder if this entire new plot arch would be dropped from the show entirely and written-around.

Well, it appears to be confirmed that it has been cut from the show. The main person who would be involved in this scene has confirmed to an online magazine that the writers told this person it was not going to happen.

So, in order to convince you to read these books, I'm gonna post the Epilogue sumary in spoiler tags below so you can read about it yourself. I couldn't find the full chapter text to copy and paste.

Warning: Just because the person involved has said it will be cut does not mean that the writers won't change their mind. However, based on the logistics of adding this plot thread, it is quite clear that they won't change their mind. Plans would already have to be in place to make this happen. Still, there is a very small chance that this is a major show spoiler.

Warning 2: Full chapter summary in spoiler tag below. This will not spoil the storyline of any major character currently on the show. It is a new plot thread that is just beginning to be explored in books 4 and 5. It apparently is not important to the endgame otherwise it wouldn't be cut, but it certainly is incredibly important to the full story and the characters

On the road up to Oldstones, a hungover Merrett Frey thinks that snow so early in the riverlands is a bad sign. He had once hoped to be a great knight, but owing to a head injury, now was only the Twins’ greatest drinker. He assures himself, though, that if he ransoms Petyr Pimple safely from the “lightning lord’s sorry lot of brigands,” his luck will change. He reflects on his unfortunate lot in life, including his wife and children, and the final humiliation of his role in Roslin’s wedding, when Lame Lothar had told him his job was to make sure the Greatjon Umber was blind drunk and unable to fight by the end of the night. Worse, he had failed at that, since the Greatjon had done an immense amount of damage before he was brought down.
He reaches the ruins on time, and finds a single outlaw there, sitting on a sepulcher and playing a harp, and who seems to think Merrett ought to recognize him for playing at his daughter’s wedding. Then the other outlaws, at least a dozen, surround him, demanding the ransom. They take the bag from him without showing him Petyr first. Merrett demands to see Beric Dondarrion, and several men laughingly claim to be him. Fearful, Merrett demands Petyr, and they make him dismount and walk with them to the godswood.

There, he finds that they have already hanged Petyr, and the outlaws seize Merrett and bind him, and throw a noose over his head as well. Merrett splutters that they would never dare hang a Frey, but the others laugh at him. Merrett says Lord Walder will ransom him for twice as much as Petyr, but the singer scoffs that Lord Walder isn’t that stupid. He offers to let Merrett go if he answers a question, about “a dog” named Sandor Clegane, if he was at the Red Wedding, along with a skinny girl or boy of about ten. Merrett answers that he might have been in the outer camps, but not at the feast.

The singer shrugs and goes to hang him anyway, and Merrett pleads with them, saying he has children. The one-eyed outlaw replies that the Young Wolf never will have children. Merrett protests that Robb shamed them, and they had to restore their honor. The outlaw answers that they don’t know much about honor, but plenty about murder. Merrett insists it was vengeance, and then says he didn’t do any of it, his father did, and they can’t prove he did. The singer tells him he’s wrong, and then a woman approaches.

Her cloak and collar hid the gash his brother’s blade had made, but her face was even worse than he remembered. The flesh had gone pudding soft in the water and turned the color of curdled milk. Half her hair was gone and the rest had turned as white and brittle as a crone’s. Beneath her ravaged scalp, her face was shredded skin and black blood where she had raked herself with her nails. But her eyes were the most terrible thing. Her eyes saw him, and they hated.

“She don’t speak,” said the big man in the yellow cloak. “You bloody b*stards cut her throat too deep for that. But she remembers.” He turned to the dead woman and said, “What do you say, m’lady? Was he part of it?”

Lady Catelyn’s eyes never left him. She nodded.

Merrett Frey opened his mouth to plead, but the noose choked off his words. His feet left the ground, the rope cutting deep into the soft flesh beneath his chin. Up into the air he jerked, kicking and twisting, up and up and up.

If you have any questions, either private message me or be very careful and courteous with your posts here and keep this thread safe for those who don't want to involve themselves with this

:damn: WTF???!!!! So they really just gonna cut important shyt from the books like that? I gotta co-sign with @Adam3000 , if you're invested enough into the show that you regularly post in the the Official Thread, the books are A MUST READ!!!

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
Yeah...i'm glad they 86'd that lil tangent @Adam3000 posted...that sh!t sounds pretty silly and we would've been bombarded with muh'fukkas talking about how the show shopped the shark and what not

Its funny, you kind of have the same reaction that I first had when I read it. Without context it can seem a bit :usure:

It can't really be a jump the shark moment I don't think, the show already established the magic that brought Cat back. Remember back when Beric Dondarrion fought The Hound in the cave? He died (for the 9th time) and was resurrected by Thoros of Myr and the power of the Lord of Light. As far as Cat goes, it is explained that Arya's direwolf that was chased off in the first season drug her dead body out of the water. Beric and Thoros came upon it and Thoros refused to try and resurrect her because she had been dead too long. So Beric tried instead, and ended up sacrificing his life for the final time to resurrect her. She aint a zombie or anything, she is alive its just her flesh had already partially decomposed. It is said that Beric 'lost a bit of himself' each time he was resurrected, in Cat's case she lost a large part of her mental state.

So that being said, if you still think it is a jump the shark then :yeshrug:but this is a fantasy series and in the last episode we had a little kid throwing fireballs at skeleton warriors so a tortured, decayed, resurrected Cat hardly steps over any lines. The central antagonists of the series are ice warriors that command a zombie army. Lets put things in perspective here.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
No one cares u nerd. fukk that stupid fantasy shyt.
:camby::what::dahell:Ain't you the nikka that whined about how you don't want to see ANY fantasy/supernatural elements on GoT? I already told you, you should've quit after the 1st scene in the series premiere & you DEFINITELY should've quit after the dragons were born in the Season 1 finale.

:ufdup: Why are you still watching? It's only gonna be more fantasy/supernatural elements as the series goes on because "Winter is Coming"!

:snoop: I know I've seen you in some of the "Lost" threads, shytting on the show. I bet you were 1 of the folks who whined about how Sci-Fi the show became in the later seasons compared to the 1st season

RJY33

master of reality
Daps
Finally started the books last week :krs:

Cant wait to catch up with you brehs and enter the book thread in a month or two :blessed:

Great stuff so far. I loved all the surprises the show had but if you are at all into the backstory and details then cop those books NOW

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Its funny, you kind of have the same reaction that I first had when I read it. Without context it can seem a bit :usure:

It can't really be a jump the shark moment I don't think, the show already established the magic that brought Cat back. Remember back when Beric Dondarrion fought The Hound in the cave? He died (for the 9th time) and was resurrected by Thoros of Myr and the power of the Lord of Light. As far as Cat goes, it is explained that Arya's direwolf that was chased off in the first season drug her dead body out of the water. Beric and Thoros came upon it and Thoros refused to try and resurrect her because she had been dead too long. So Beric tried instead, and ended up sacrificing his life for the final time to resurrect her. She aint a zombie or anything, she is alive its just her flesh had already partially decomposed. It is said that Beric 'lost a bit of himself' each time he was resurrected, in Cat's case she lost a large part of her mental state.

So that being said, if you still think it is a jump the shark then :yeshrug:but this is a fantasy series and in the last episode we had a little kid throwing fireballs at skeleton warriors so a tortured, decayed, resurrected Cat hardly steps over any lines. The central antagonists of the series are ice warriors that command a zombie army. Lets put things in perspective here.

is that having to do with cersei (the actual actresses) tweet?? she posted a few weeks before the finally... a pic.... having to do with some stones

is this, that?? cause i never did get what she was getting at with it.. and someone else said it wasn't on the show but she was thinking it would be

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
is that having to do with cersei (the actual actresses) tweet?? she posted a few weeks before the finally... a pic.... having to do with some stones

is this, that?? cause i never did get what she was getting at with it.. and someone else said it wasn't on the show but she was thinking it would be

Yes, my first post is about that. The post you quoted is a follow up
http://www.thecoli.com/posts/8979921/

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
Finally started the books last week :krs:

Cant wait to catch up with you brehs and enter the book thread in a month or two :blessed:

Great stuff so far. I loved all the surprises the show had but if you are at all into the backstory and details then cop those books NOW

:damn: A month or Two?! I would be satisfied if I would be able to finsih the books the same day as next season's premiere. That shows you how slow I'm going.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex

BrEoYALIAAA1cOR.png