Official Game of Thrones Season 4 Thread *The North Remembers*(NO SPOILERS!!)

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
just to be clear, its just a theory. there are also a shyt load of people who believe jon really is ned's son with his true love before catelyn, ashara dayne. ashara dayne is the sister of ser arthur dayne who was in the kingsguard. there are many things in the books and pre-history that back both theories, so all of the game of thrones fandom is divided. more probably lean towards jon being rhaegar and lyanna's son but nobody will know for sure til either the next book or the last.

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
I got a question brehs

Was Tywin serious when he told Tyrion that he never intended to let him get beheaded? Cuz earlier that episode, when he was talking to Cercsi, he said that Tyrion's sentence would go on as planned. But when Tyrion rose up on him with that pump-action, he tried to give gim that :myman:

i think tywin was just copping pleas at that point. he been wanting to kill tyrion since he was born. u never know tho but i doubt it.

TKOK

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sactown
I got a question brehs

Was Tywin serious when he told Tyrion that he never intended to let him get beheaded? Cuz earlier that episode, when he was talking to Cercsi, he said that Tyrion's sentence would go on as planned. But when Tyrion rose up on him with that pump-action, he tried to give gim that :myman:
Tywin said he intended for Tyrion to take the black and head up towards the NW. But I think a trial by combat takes that option away.

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
***5 Star, Super Incredibly Important Post Ahead*** :skip:

Before this thread dies for good, I need to make one more plea to non-book readers that it is official, you HAVE to read the books now if you want to understand this full story.

Keep reading if you want to know why, stop reading if you consider the word 'book' a cuss word. I won't drop any spoilers here in the open though.

The gap in excitement for the season finale between book readers and show watchers was huge. There were 2 main reasons for that, one of them being a scene from the epilogue of the 3rd book A Storm of Swords not being a part of the episode despite book-readers feelings that it would have been a perfect 10/10 final scene and would have built an insane amount of hype. After this shock of not including the scene, many began to wonder if this entire new plot arch would be dropped from the show entirely and written-around.

Well, it appears to be confirmed that it has been cut from the show. The main person who would be involved in this scene has confirmed to an online magazine that the writers told this person it was not going to happen.

So, in order to convince you to read these books, I'm gonna post the Epilogue sumary in spoiler tags below so you can read about it yourself. I couldn't find the full chapter text to copy and paste.

Warning: Just because the person involved has said it will be cut does not mean that the writers won't change their mind. However, based on the logistics of adding this plot thread, it is quite clear that they won't change their mind. Plans would already have to be in place to make this happen. Still, there is a very small chance that this is a major show spoiler.

Warning 2: Full chapter summary in spoiler tag below. This will not spoil the storyline of any major character currently on the show. It is a new plot thread that is just beginning to be explored in books 4 and 5. It apparently is not important to the endgame otherwise it wouldn't be cut, but it certainly is incredibly important to the full story and the characters

On the road up to Oldstones, a hungover Merrett Frey thinks that snow so early in the riverlands is a bad sign. He had once hoped to be a great knight, but owing to a head injury, now was only the Twins’ greatest drinker. He assures himself, though, that if he ransoms Petyr Pimple safely from the “lightning lord’s sorry lot of brigands,” his luck will change. He reflects on his unfortunate lot in life, including his wife and children, and the final humiliation of his role in Roslin’s wedding, when Lame Lothar had told him his job was to make sure the Greatjon Umber was blind drunk and unable to fight by the end of the night. Worse, he had failed at that, since the Greatjon had done an immense amount of damage before he was brought down.
He reaches the ruins on time, and finds a single outlaw there, sitting on a sepulcher and playing a harp, and who seems to think Merrett ought to recognize him for playing at his daughter’s wedding. Then the other outlaws, at least a dozen, surround him, demanding the ransom. They take the bag from him without showing him Petyr first. Merrett demands to see Beric Dondarrion, and several men laughingly claim to be him. Fearful, Merrett demands Petyr, and they make him dismount and walk with them to the godswood.

There, he finds that they have already hanged Petyr, and the outlaws seize Merrett and bind him, and throw a noose over his head as well. Merrett splutters that they would never dare hang a Frey, but the others laugh at him. Merrett says Lord Walder will ransom him for twice as much as Petyr, but the singer scoffs that Lord Walder isn’t that stupid. He offers to let Merrett go if he answers a question, about “a dog” named Sandor Clegane, if he was at the Red Wedding, along with a skinny girl or boy of about ten. Merrett answers that he might have been in the outer camps, but not at the feast.

The singer shrugs and goes to hang him anyway, and Merrett pleads with them, saying he has children. The one-eyed outlaw replies that the Young Wolf never will have children. Merrett protests that Robb shamed them, and they had to restore their honor. The outlaw answers that they don’t know much about honor, but plenty about murder. Merrett insists it was vengeance, and then says he didn’t do any of it, his father did, and they can’t prove he did. The singer tells him he’s wrong, and then a woman approaches.

Her cloak and collar hid the gash his brother’s blade had made, but her face was even worse than he remembered. The flesh had gone pudding soft in the water and turned the color of curdled milk. Half her hair was gone and the rest had turned as white and brittle as a crone’s. Beneath her ravaged scalp, her face was shredded skin and black blood where she had raked herself with her nails. But her eyes were the most terrible thing. Her eyes saw him, and they hated.

“She don’t speak,” said the big man in the yellow cloak. “You bloody b*stards cut her throat too deep for that. But she remembers.” He turned to the dead woman and said, “What do you say, m’lady? Was he part of it?”

Lady Catelyn’s eyes never left him. She nodded.

Merrett Frey opened his mouth to plead, but the noose choked off his words. His feet left the ground, the rope cutting deep into the soft flesh beneath his chin. Up into the air he jerked, kicking and twisting, up and up and up.

If you have any questions, either private message me or be very careful and courteous with your posts here and keep this thread safe for those who don't want to involve themselves with this

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh

Before this thread dies for good, I need to make one more plea to non-book readers that it is official, you HAVE to read the books now if you want to understand this full story.

Keep reading if you want to know why, stop reading if you consider the word 'book' a cuss word. I won't drop any spoilers here in the open though.

The gap in excitement for the season finale between book readers and show watchers was huge. There were 2 main reasons for that, one of them being a scene from the epilogue of the 3rd book A Storm of Swords not being a part of the episode despite book-readers feelings that it would have been a perfect 10/10 final scene and would have built an insane amount of hype. After this shock of not including the scene, many began to wonder if this entire new plot arch would be dropped from the show entirely and written-around.

Well, it appears to be confirmed that it has been cut from the show. The main person who would be involved in this scene has confirmed to an online magazine that the writers told this person it was not going to happen.

So, in order to convince you to read these books, I'm gonna post the Epilogue sumary in spoiler tags below so you can read about it yourself. I couldn't find the full chapter text to copy and paste.

Warning: Just because the person involved has said it will be cut does not mean that the writers won't change their mind. However, based on the logistics of adding this plot thread, it is quite clear that they won't change their mind. Plans would already have to be in place to make this happen. Still, there is a very small chance that this is a major show spoiler.

Warning 2: Full chapter summary in spoiler tag below. This will not spoil the storyline of any major character currently on the show. It is a new plot thread that is just beginning to be explored in books 4 and 5. It apparently is not important to the endgame otherwise it wouldn't be cut, but it certainly is incredibly important to the full story and the characters

On the road up to Oldstones, a hungover Merrett Frey thinks that snow so early in the riverlands is a bad sign. He had once hoped to be a great knight, but owing to a head injury, now was only the Twins’ greatest drinker. He assures himself, though, that if he ransoms Petyr Pimple safely from the “lightning lord’s sorry lot of brigands,” his luck will change. He reflects on his unfortunate lot in life, including his wife and children, and the final humiliation of his role in Roslin’s wedding, when Lame Lothar had told him his job was to make sure the Greatjon Umber was blind drunk and unable to fight by the end of the night. Worse, he had failed at that, since the Greatjon had done an immense amount of damage before he was brought down.
He reaches the ruins on time, and finds a single outlaw there, sitting on a sepulcher and playing a harp, and who seems to think Merrett ought to recognize him for playing at his daughter’s wedding. Then the other outlaws, at least a dozen, surround him, demanding the ransom. They take the bag from him without showing him Petyr first. Merrett demands to see Beric Dondarrion, and several men laughingly claim to be him. Fearful, Merrett demands Petyr, and they make him dismount and walk with them to the godswood.

There, he finds that they have already hanged Petyr, and the outlaws seize Merrett and bind him, and throw a noose over his head as well. Merrett splutters that they would never dare hang a Frey, but the others laugh at him. Merrett says Lord Walder will ransom him for twice as much as Petyr, but the singer scoffs that Lord Walder isn’t that stupid. He offers to let Merrett go if he answers a question, about “a dog” named Sandor Clegane, if he was at the Red Wedding, along with a skinny girl or boy of about ten. Merrett answers that he might have been in the outer camps, but not at the feast.

The singer shrugs and goes to hang him anyway, and Merrett pleads with them, saying he has children. The one-eyed outlaw replies that the Young Wolf never will have children. Merrett protests that Robb shamed them, and they had to restore their honor. The outlaw answers that they don’t know much about honor, but plenty about murder. Merrett insists it was vengeance, and then says he didn’t do any of it, his father did, and they can’t prove he did. The singer tells him he’s wrong, and then a woman approaches.

Her cloak and collar hid the gash his brother’s blade had made, but her face was even worse than he remembered. The flesh had gone pudding soft in the water and turned the color of curdled milk. Half her hair was gone and the rest had turned as white and brittle as a crone’s. Beneath her ravaged scalp, her face was shredded skin and black blood where she had raked herself with her nails. But her eyes were the most terrible thing. Her eyes saw him, and they hated.

“She don’t speak,” said the big man in the yellow cloak. “You bloody b*stards cut her throat too deep for that. But she remembers.” He turned to the dead woman and said, “What do you say, m’lady? Was he part of it?”

Merrett Frey opened his mouth to plead, but the noose choked off his words. His feet left the ground, the rope cutting deep into the soft flesh beneath his chin. Up into the air he jerked, kicking and twisting, up and up and up.

If you have any questions, either private message me or be very careful and courteous with your posts here and keep this thread safe for those who don't want to involve themselves with this

No one cares u nerd. fukk that stupid fantasy shyt.

duck

Bills Mafia
Daps
Reppin
buffalo ny
10491158_1498597277020323_2440358553264912137_n.jpg

Malik

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV | Philly
I finally made it to "A Dance With Dragons"......after I'm done, its gonna probably be 5 years until the next book :sadbron:

Malik

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV | Philly
Targaryens are definitely not immune to fire :childplease:

One of them nikkas drunk wildfire (a highly flammable liquid) and burned his insides completely out, dying in painful agony :lolbron:

duck

Bills Mafia
Daps
Reppin
buffalo ny
I got a question brehs

hell yeah he wanted to kill him. he wanted tyrion dead since he was 1st born, just never got such a convenient opportunity

Food Mane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
just to be clear, its just a theory. there are also a shyt load of people who believe jon really is ned's son with his true love before catelyn, ashara dayne. ashara dayne is the sister of ser arthur dayne who was in the kingsguard. there are many things in the books and pre-history that back both theories, so all of the game of thrones fandom is divided. more probably lean towards jon being rhaegar and lyanna's son but nobody will know for sure til either the next book or the last.

Yeah sure, but I don't read the books. There has been nothing in the show about Ned's former love or Ser Arthur Dayne (significant stuff, that I can recall). There has been stuff in the show about Lyanna and Rhaegar, and we've also seen that Robert isn't the best husband in the world.

What I'm saying is, there may be competing theories in the book world, but in the show world they have really only advanced one of the theories.

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
Yeah sure, but I don't read the books. There has been nothing in the show about Ned's former love or Ser Arthur Dayne (significant stuff, that I can recall). There has been stuff in the show about Lyanna and Rhaegar, and we've also seen that Robert isn't the best husband in the world.

What I'm saying is, there may be competing theories in the book world, but in the show world they have really only advanced one of the theories.

Yea ur right, I'm just putting that out there so nobody starts the spoiler drama.

Alexander The Great

I ain't gonna say this sh*t again
Supporter
Daps

I was this close to clicking this and reading it, but I'm gonna read the books, so I'll this for now.