Official Game of Thrones Season 4 Thread *The North Remembers*(NO SPOILERS!!)

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The producer explicitly states his motive to kill Tywin. :dwillhuh:

Tywin instead of Cersei is another matter, but it's understandable that he is more angry at his father than his sister, since there is some level of 'back and forth' between he and Cersei.
I didnt watch the video you posted, so chill with the confusion, and if I need a producer to explain the motives of a major plot twist then something is wrong in the first place.

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
y'all are way too quick to write off the lannisters, myrcella is dorne which is a smart move long term, taking an enemy and joining your houses. tommen on the throne with his crazy mama pulling the strings = guaranteed fukkery. Tyrion killed the head of his household, he's in the free cities right now basically like a free agent with the master of whispers. The knowledge of some of the deepest darkest secrets of the entire realm lie with those two, plus they both have great experience operating the levers of power in kings landing that they could both be of great value to someone who was looking to make a run at the throne.

Dead ass this is a spoiler. Someone tag Fred on this nikka :damn:

• Dap
Reactions: hex
Daps
I didnt watch the video you posted, so chill with the confusion, and if I need a producer to explain the motives of a major plot twist then something is wrong in the first place.

You shouldn't need the producer to explain his motive, there's nothing deep about his motive, but he does explain it, so I posted it.

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You shouldn't need the producer to explain his motive, there's nothing deep about his motive, but he does explain it, so I posted it.
Well clearly there was a much deeper motive for why he did it in the books though :ld:

Im just having a hard time understanding why they left that part out, all good though.

Alexander The Great

I ain't gonna say this sh*t again
Supporter
Daps
I just dont understand why they would skip over that? That sounds like a MAJOR plotline, what the fukk?

Knowing how great Jamie & Tyrion interact on the show, it could have been one of the best scenes of the season too. Wow, very disappointed to hear this.

I would say you should spoiler tag your first response to me as well, although I feel like show watchers should know this as well, but just be safe.
I read the link @Mook posted from reddit, where a book reader explained some of the stuff they left out. My only guess is they felt it would be too confusing or the TV watchers wouldn't remember the story since it was from season 1

Erik Killmonger

TRUE KING OF WAKANDA
Daps
jaYihCJ.jpg

Daps
Reppin
NULL
the reason they left out the jamie and whore thing is because of the television format

in a visual medium any characters mention off screen have no emotional connection

So Tyrion being mad about that other whore, wouldn't connect with what has been established in the show, even though they mentioned, we never saw the events on screen, so there's no connection.

Tyrion's emotional connection is with shae on the show because that's what we have seen on screen

that's the problem with taking books and turning into visual medium, unless the writer of book wrote it with intentions of it being translated into a visual form, you will always have these type of problems.

the other lil nikka died by the skeletons, simply because they probably felt he wasn't important enough to keep paying

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
I mean... those arent THAT far off

dont see the compliant there.

nah man the shyt about that character is that he is supposed to be like 200 years old and the only thing keeping him alive is the tree he is melting into. its supposed to be almost like a decomposing body merged with tree roots with branches coming out of his body and leaves growing out of him n shyt. i mean i guess the pic i put up isnt an accurate depiction either but u supposed to get the impression its some real sick weirwood zombie shyt going on. the show dude looks like an old nikka chillin in a tree :pachaha: but i guess i might just be nitpicking. im one of the book dudes that LOVES the show and accepts the changes but the finale threw some real curveballs at us. still one of the GOAT shows in my eyes tho and im hyped for next season already :myman:

Ikwa

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Jon Snow :blessed:
Stannis :wow:
Stark Set - Baratheon, the alliance returns :banderas:
Bran the Sorcerer :damn:
Arya the Murderer :damn:
Nikkas didn't believe us when we said the North Remembers :why:
Nikkas ain't seen it all yet :shaq:
Stark Set back :blessed: Lannister wack :mjkkk:

Daps
Well clearly there was a much deeper motive for why he did it in the books though :ld:

Im just having a hard time understanding why they left that part out, all good though.

Ya, I don't know why they left it out.

the reason they left out the jamie and whore thing is because of the television format

in a visual medium any characters mention off screen have no emotional connection

So Tyrion being mad about that other whore, wouldn't connect with what has been established in the show, even though they mentioned, we never saw the events on screen, so there's no connection.

Tyrion's emotional connection is with shae on the show because that's what we have seen on screen

that's the problem with taking books and turning into visual medium, unless the writer of book wrote it with intentions of it being translated into a visual form, you will always have these type of problems.

the other lil nikka died by the skeletons, simply because they probably felt he wasn't important enough to keep paying

I disagree, there was definitely a connection there that was played out when he told that story in season one.

His first wife being a whore is an integral part of his connection with Shae. And the way Tywin threw that in his face exacerbated the hurt he felt by Shae saying she was a whore on the stand

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ya, I don't know why they left it out.

I disagree, there was definitely a connection there that was played out when he told that story in season one.

His first wife being a whore is an integral part of his connection with Shae. And the way Tywin threw that in his face exacerbated the hurt he felt by Shae saying she was a whore on the stand

I agree they could've left it the same, but I'm just explaining why they changed it

Tyrion still had feelings for Shae that's why he killed her and he felt in raged when Tywin called her a whore, people fall in love with whores all the time, it still made sense

and it ties it together in the show more likely with it being a character that had development instead of someone who was briefly mentioned