Official Game of Thrones Season 4 Thread *The North Remembers*(NO SPOILERS!!)

Food Mane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ya that convo made it seem like he was just given that stuff so he wouldn't serve as Tyrion's champion...but I just can't shake his involvement with Shae :patrice:

I'm fairly certain Bronn was involved. Bronn and Shae both illustrate the problem with the Lannister philosophy. If anyone can be bought, there is nothing stopping them from being bought again. Tyrion bought Shae and Bronn because that's how Tywin taught him how the world works. Tyrion has a good heart though and came to love them both. And they loved him back. But neither of them really ever forgot the initial terms of the transactions. As soon as Tywin came around with a better offer, it was bye-bye Tyrion.

raff

Rookie
Daps
I'm fairly certain Bronn was involved. Bronn and Shae both illustrate the problem with the Lannister philosophy. If anyone can be bought, there is nothing stopping them from being bought again. Tyrion bought Shae and Bronn because that's how Tywin taught him how the world works. Tyrion has a good heart though and came to love them both. And they loved him back. But neither of them really ever forgot the initial terms of the transactions. As soon as Tywin came around with a better offer, it was bye-bye Tyrion.

True but don't forget that Tywin main weapons were leverage, pointing out an incentive to help him/team up and fear of his wrath/strenght/connections. The gold isn't that big of a deal with Tywin as was the notion that he isn't to be fukked with. And if you really dig deep in Shae's and Bronns motivations, being bought was just a cop out for what might happen if they don't ack right with Ty Dolla.

Food Mane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
True but don't forget that Tywin main weapons were leverage, pointing out an incentive to help him/team up and fear of his wrath/strenght/connections. The gold isn't that big of a deal with Tywin as was the notion that he isn't to be fukked with. And if you really dig deep in Shae's and Bronns motivations, being bought was just a cop out for what might happen if they don't ack right with Ty Dolla.

No doubt. Ty wielded both the carrot and stick quite effectively. My point was more that you are never going to develop actual bonds of love and loyalty with a sellsword and sell swordswallower. The Lannisters are party at fault for creating a world like this. Tyrion is kind of reaping what he sowed here.

Daps
remember bronn is a sellsword

he told tyrion in season 1 when they were on the road to kings landing that he would only be loyal to tyrion until someone outbids him

and he reminded tyrion he said that to him in the cell

Yes I know this, but in that cell scene he acted like he didn't betray him. If he looked Tyrion in the eye and lied about watching Shae getting on that boat and sailing away then he betrayed him. Sellsword or not.

Iamnoone

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NY
no, but when im done with a episode. i can just go to the next one. Plus i still wasnt even finished with season 3 yet.

Are you on fukking Netzero or something?!? Do you have that budget internet? You can download multiple files at once you know that right? Just stop it scum. The full season is out, sorry its not all boxed and tied up in a ribbon for you. Starve then