Official Game of Thrones Season 4 Thread *The North Remembers*(NO SPOILERS!!)

Malik

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV | Philly
This is true, the only people that really lose their family identity are the Maesters

But its still not the same since as a member of the kingsgaurd you're still in the thick of society and you can move and influence still, but as a member of the Nights Watch(unless you're a recruiter or Benjen Stark for some reason :heh:) all you'll ever know again is the wall

And Jon SNOW was never a Stark, he says it himself to Ned Stark in the first book and Ned does not correct him. The kids all embrace him as they would an actual brother but he's not a STARK

"You may not have my name, but you have my blood"

All the people up in the Nights Watch called him "Lord Snow" because he was a b*stard of the most powerful guy in the North. That shows he's not just some ordinary kid. He's still Nes Starks boy, b*stard or not.

As far as the Kingsguard....it's actually worse. Imagine someone trying to abandon the Kingsguard :outbackcac: The KG really are supposed to put their King above all, above everything, in a way Jaime proves my point because he murked his own KING and threw the most holiest of vows in the bushes when he was forced to choose between the throne and his family :patrice:

Peter Parker

Superstar
Daps
You may have my name, but you have my blood :to:

All the people up in the Nights Watch called him "Lord Snow" because he was a b*stard of the most powerful guy in the North.

As far as the Kingsguard....it's actually worse. Imagine someone trying to abandon the Kingsguard :outbackcac: The KG really are supposed to put their King above all, above everything, in a way Jaime proves my point because he murked his own KING and threw the most holiest of vows in the bushes when he was forced to choose between the throne and his family :patrice:
Nah, i'm not sure if this counts as a spoiler or not but you know how you nikkas get so...

Aery's ole crazy ass was about to have his pyromancers burn down kings landing and Jamie killed him to save the city and everyone in it. It wasnt about the Lanisters

LurkLurker

No f*cks available to be given
Daps
Reppin
Secret Location, Somewhere
Jon is a Stark. renouncing your family name doesnt change your blood or who raised you. maester aemon is a targ, sam is a tarly, alliser is a thorne. they may not be able to do anything to help their families without risking getting beheaded, but their hearts will always lay with their families.

I always see the Maesters as being aligned with the family they serve since they're the only ones that have to give up their last names. Maester Aemon is an exception since dude is overly proud of his roots and likes to bring that shyt up in almost every conversation, he gets a pass though because he's cool, but the other Maesters seem to be ride or die with their noble familes. Ludwin was a Stark. Cressen was a Baratheon. Pycelle is a Lannister with a strong devotion to whores.

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
I always see the Maesters as being aligned with the family they serve since they're the only ones that have to give up their last names. Maester Aemon is an exception since dude is overly proud of his roots and likes to bring that shyt up in almost every conversation, he gets a pass though because he's cool, but the other Maesters seem to be ride or die with their noble familes. Ludwin was a Stark. Cressen was a Baratheon. Pycelle is a Lannister with a strong devotion to whores.

yea when it comes to maesters its a little different because they serve a house. the nights watch serve the realm and the kingsguard serve the king, whoever it is.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
"
Pictures from Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 10 “The Children”

Pictures from the final episode of Game of Thrones Season 4, “The Children,” have been released. The batch includes new looks at Meera, Bran and Hodor in the North, Arya and The Hound, and Daenerys in her throne room. This is a just a small taste of what we can expect to see in four short days, here’s to a grand finale!

thechildren2-630x418.jpg

thechildren1-630x418.jpg

thechildren3-630x944.jpg

thechildren4-630x946.jpg

thechildren5-630x354.jpg

"

W.I.Z.E.

Wise poster
Daps
Reppin
Bronx
It's bad enough having book readers ruin this thread during the season. But at least then, they may spoil the next episode which typically is only a few days away. It's another to have them ruin shyt once the season is over so I'm thinking this thread is gonna get real quiet after June. (so the slackers can catch up)

Food Mane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:stopitslime:

If that's the case he wouldn't have almost broke his vows when he heard Ned got murked. He would've been like :yeshrug: and went on about his day.

Fred.

:heh:

He's Nightswatch. Not breaking his vows is testament to this. Almost doing something = not doing it.