Official Game of Thrones Season 4 Thread *The North Remembers*(NO SPOILERS!!)

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Bushed
Daps
I fukking hate book readers. Always bytching about whats different on the show. Almost every time you listen to a podcast its almost a guarantee the book reader is going to spend about 10 minutes complaining about how different certain scenes are from the books. If the show bothers you that much shut the fukk up and stick to the books. Tv only watchers don't need to hear that shyt.

Daps
I fukking hate book readers. Always bytching about whats different on the show. Almost every time you listen to a podcast its almost a guarantee the book reader is going to spend about 10 minutes complaining about how different certain scenes are from the books. If the show bothers you that much shut the fukk up and stick to the books. Tv only watchers don't need to hear that shyt.

This clown ain't even a book reader :snoop:

Complaining about not getting as much details as the books without actually reading the book. :snoop:

FrederickDouglas

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:childplease: They didn't need to force that time-wasting love story, just so we can see nude Missandei.

26969462_2h6zyvm.gif

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
That nikka ain't even read the books tho. He wiki all that shyt. Don't lump that cat with the rest of us

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
after the battle last week, i really don't see how its possible for team wildling to ever get across the wall and do damage. i mean they can get a few people here n there over, but the whole of the army is stuck on the north of the wall. unless i wasn't really paying attention, it seems the tunnel is the only formidable way to get a large amount of them through??? n jon already has the solution for that, which was to freeze it shut, but its too late for that now. no way in hell all them dudes is climbing, although i would love to see that scythe takin out large amounts of wildlings at once :whew: plus they're at a disadvantage being below the nights watch. thinkin about it more, im now realizing that their plan was probably to take over castle black and let the other side through. makes sense now
I don't think the Scythe will work again. They know its there now so they can just climb the wall at a different spot. The point of climbing the wall where they did was to attack the Nights Watch from all angles at once, to distract their defense efforts while the giants try to open the gate. They won't risk that strategy again.

You also gotta remember that Mance has probably 90,000 people still for battle and more giants and more mammths. The Nights Watch has like 50-60 people left. Thats why Jon is going to find Mance, because the next time the Wildlings attack they have the numbers to succeed.

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
:stopitslime: I forgot to bring this up last week. I hope you nikkas who bytched about the Sam & Gilly scenes in episode 3, aren't hypocrites & bytched just as hard (If not harder) about the Missandei & Greyworm scenes in episode 8.

:camby: At least the Sam & GIlly love story is from the books and Samwell is major POV character. Not only are Missandei & Greyworm minor characters in the books & their is no love story between them in the books, but WHO THE fukk is trying to watch a love story involving a eunuch????!!! WHAT A WASTE OF SCREENTIME!!!

:mjlol: Cut out scenes, storylines, & characters from the books, so you can make up your own bullshyt-ass storylines brehs!

:snoop: I can't believe they cut out the breakfast scene with Oberyn & Tryion, just so we can watch a eunuch make goo-goo eyes with a girl he can never fukk and Tyrion talking about beetles.

Breh, breh.....first off, like has been said a bunch of times you aren't even a book reader so don't be bytching about the book to screen adaptation. You are being influenced by the d-bag voices of Ran and Linda over at Westeros.org, the biggest haters on Earth outside of @Pifferry. But at least Pifferry has read the books so his complaints are justified, if not played out.

Secondly, this is the second time you have bytched about Grey Worm and Missandei, but this is not some completely made up shyt with no textual basis. I want to clear this up but I can't point you to my post in the book thread, so I'm gonna be vague as fukk and not tell the whole story, just the bare bones without the plot context (in order to avoid any noteworthy spoilers)
There is an Unsullied named Stalwart Shield who is found dead in a brothel. Dany wonders what a Eunuch would be doing at a brothel. Grey Worm informs her that even Eunuch's still seek affection. Many Unsullied are visiting brothels and paying whores just to lay next to them and cuddle.

This is straight off the page, out of the mouth of GRRM. It is an idea he created, the showrunners have decided to adapt it in their own way to help develop side characters that don't get much solo screen time otherwise. Its the classic "did you read the books or just skim through them" problem.

Its the vocal minority that does that. Lots of us find it very annoying as well.

Peter Parker

Superstar
Daps
Give books a chance man, I know "no child left behind" pushed you through the education system without you ever really learning to read chapter books but if you go to a Sylvan learning center or something they might tutor you for fee or something.

Anyways, no one really complains about the differences, I personally dont mind a lot of the differences unless its something as useless as Missandei and Grey Worm, and even then thats just more about the change just being filler when they could've added more of the other shyt.

Peter Parker

Superstar
Daps
There is an Unsullied named Stalwart Shield who is found dead in a brothel. Dany wonders what a Eunuch would be doing at a brothel. Grey Worm informs her that even Eunuch's still seek affection. Many Unsullied are visiting brothels and paying whores just to lay next to them and cuddle.

This is straight off the page, out of the mouth of GRRM. It is an idea he created, the showrunners have decided to adapt it in their own way to help develop side characters that don't get much solo screen time otherwise. Its the classic "did you read the books or just skim through them" problem.
:ooh: fukk I forgot about that, yeah you're right actually yeah. I mean I still dont want to see Missandei and Obama but still thats a great point

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR

i feel u breh, but as far as book readers on the coli, none of us really feel that way about the show. in the book thread all of us are generally happy with the adaptation because we accept that the 2 products arent going to be identical. if u go in the book thread u see us all clowning the real book purists on westeros.org cause those dudes are the biggest fukking bytches.

satam isnt even a book reader and he's giving the coli book readers a bad name :russ:

Malik

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV | Philly
Jon Snow is a STARK.

The Kingsguard renounce all lands and titles and vow not to wed and have children.....same as the Nights Watch.....and before Jaime gutted Aerys they were supposed to put their service to the King before their families too :skip: Jaime will always be a Lannister. Loras will always be a Tyrell. Jon is a b*stard but he will always be Ned Starks son.

Last edited:

Peter Parker

Superstar
Daps
Jon Snow is a STARK.

The Kingsguard renounce all lands and titles and vow not to wed and have children.....same as the Nights Watch.....but Jaime is still a part of the Lannisters. Loras is definitely still a Tyrell.
This is true, the only people that really lose their family identity are the Maesters

But its still not the same since as a member of the kingsgaurd you're still in the thick of society and you can move and influence still, but as a member of the Nights Watch(unless you're a recruiter or Benjen Stark for some reason :heh:) all you'll ever know again is the wall

And Jon SNOW was never a Stark, he says it himself to Ned Stark in the first book and Ned does not correct him. The kids all embrace him as they would an actual brother but he's not a STARK.

Robb really loved and trusted him though and was going to use his power as King In The North to legitimize him and make him his heir should he die, but y'know Red Wedding, I dont think he got the actual message out

Last edited:

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
Jon is a Stark. renouncing your family name doesnt change your blood or who raised you. maester aemon is a targ, sam is a tarly, alliser is a thorne. they may not be able to do anything to help their families without risking getting beheaded, but their hearts will always lay with their families.