Official Game of Thrones Season 4 Thread *The North Remembers*(NO SPOILERS!!)

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
:stopitslime: I forgot to bring this up last week. I hope you nikkas who bytched about the Sam & Gilly scenes in episode 3, aren't hypocrites & bytched just as hard (If not harder) about the Missandei & Greyworm scenes in episode 8.

:camby: At least the Sam & GIlly love story is from the books and Samwell is major POV character. Not only are Missandei & Greyworm minor characters in the books & their is no love story between them in the books, but WHO THE fukk is trying to watch a love story involving a eunuch????!!! WHAT A WASTE OF SCREENTIME!!!

:mjlol: Cut out scenes, storylines, & characters from the books, so you can make up your own bullshyt-ass storylines brehs!

:snoop: I can't believe they cut out the breakfast scene with Oberyn & Tryion, just so we can watch a eunuch make goo-goo eyes with a girl he can never fukk and Tyrion talking about beetles.

Arianne Martell

"Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken"
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
House Martell #SnakeGang #Targset
Those giants look like Liam Neeson in the face ...

86c5992f7f7044898a8eaaead3c5bbfb6e30c29a4a9842a478fd3b8239a9d1cb.jpg

the-most-interesting-liam-neeson-in-the-world.jpg

:russ:

King Crimson

Member of a very exclusive gang
Daps
Reppin
Bk/NY
  • By Garth FranklinWednesday June 11th 2014 03:37PM
thrones_article.jpg

Due to the sheer scale of the production with the massive cast and multiple units location filming in several countries, the producers of HBO's "Game of Thrones" have previously indicated that there simply isn't the time (or money) to do more than ten episodes a season - not without more cash and longer delays between airings.

On the eve of the show's fourth season finale, author George R. R. Martin has expressed a feeling quite a few fans have - that ten episodes feels a bit slight. He tells The New York Times:

"I wish we had more episodes. I'd love to have 13 episodes. With 13 episodes, we could include smaller scenes that we had to cut, scenes that make the story deeper and richer."

Martin however, who has background working on television, also understands the economics. "Battles are expensive" he says, and further episodes wouldn't necessarily improve the show - at ten episodes the series is forced to be incredibly lean and tightly paced.

just keep that shyt at 10. no need to cut that shyt & cheapen it. :manny:
Agreed. I'd rather they put in only the most necessary for advancing the story, and only have 10 eps, than have 13 and risk putting in filler.

:stopitslime: I forgot to bring this up last week. I hope you nikkas who bytched about the Sam & Gilly scenes in episode 3, aren't hypocrites & bytched just as hard (If not harder) about the Missandei & Greyworm scenes in episode 8.

:camby: At least the Sam & GIlly love story is from the books and Samwell is major POV character. Not only are Missandei & Greyworm minor characters in the books & their is no love story between them in the books, but WHO THE fukk is trying to watch a love story involving a eunuch????!!! WHAT A WASTE OF SCREENTIME!!!

:mjlol: Cut out scenes, storylines, & characters from the books, so you can make up your own bullshyt-ass storylines brehs!

:snoop: I can't believe they cut out the breakfast scene with Oberyn & Tryion, just so we can watch a eunuch make goo-goo eyes with a girl he can never fukk and Tyrion talking about beetles.
What happens in the scene?

RJY33

master of reality
Daps
giphy.gif

This week is dragging brehs :noah:

Gonna be let down if we dont see The One True King make moves Sunday :salute:

#StannisSet :demonic:

Dat Migo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Boston

You don't even read the books, why you so mad breh :mjlol:

Daps

Titties from the baddest chick on the their planet is never a waste of screen time. :camby:

Microfracture

Real G's move in silence
Daps
Reppin
Knees

I don't think you're looking at the bottom line here. The whole storyline was so we could see Missandei naked, and it paid off. Grey Worm did that, and luckily we aint have to go through that.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
What happens in the scene?
From the book to screen scene breakdown, I posted last week:
Tyrion X: The show fails to depict the meeting Tyrion has with Oberyn as they breakfast prior to the duel. Oberyn reveals information concerning the purpose of his visit to Casterly Rock years before—namely that his mother had intended arrange a marriage between her children and Tywin’s, but that this was rejected—and then invites Tyrion to come to Dorne (with Sansa, as if he believes Tyrion knows where she is) where they may discuss the future, suggesting that Dorne would be prepared to declare for Myrcella for the Iron Throne (following Dornish law, in which children inherit based on age regardless of gender) and suggesting that Lord Tywin cannot live forever.

http://www.westeros.org/GoT/Episodes/Entry/The_Mountain_and_the_Viper/Book_Spoilers/#Book_to_Screen

:stopitslime: Tell me that scene ain't more interesting than Missandei & Greyworm scenes or Tyrion & Jamie talking about beetles for several minutes.

FrederickDouglas

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Nikka, i don't care if Sam, Gilly, and Jon Snow all get murked right now if it means we get to see more naked Missandei. :banderas:

Peter Parker

Superstar
Daps
Tyrion X: The show fails to depict the meeting Tyrion has with Oberyn as they breakfast prior to the duel. Oberyn reveals information concerning the purpose of his visit to Casterly Rock years before—namely that his mother had intended arrange a marriage between her children and Tywin’s, but that this was rejected—and then invites Tyrion to come to Dorne (with Sansa, as if he believes Tyrion knows where she is) where they may discuss the future, suggesting that Dorne would be prepared to declare for Myrcella for the Iron Throne (following Dornish law, in which children inherit based on age regardless of gender) and suggesting that Lord Tywin cannot live forever.

http://www.westeros.org/GoT/Episodes/Entry/The_Mountain_and_the_Viper/Book_Spoilers/#Book_to_Screen

:stopitslime: Tell me that scene ain't more interesting than Missandei & Greyworm scenes or Tyrion & Jamie talking about beetles for several minutes.
Seriously, what the hell was the point of the Missandei and Greyworm scenes?

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
Titties from the baddest chick on the their planet is never a waste of screen time. :camby:
I don't think you're looking at the bottom line here. The whole storyline was so we could see Missandei naked, and it paid off. Grey Worm did that, and luckily we aint have to go through that.
Nikka, i don't care if Sam, Gilly, and Jon Snow all get murked right now if it means we get to see more naked Missandei. :banderas:

:childplease: They didn't need to force that time-wasting love story, just so we can see nude Missandei.

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps

you know what...i'm actually glad they left that out. that extra bonding between oberyn and tyrion woulda made oberyn's death even more traumatizing to me. still haven't fully recovered from that shyt:sadcam: