Official Game of Thrones Season 4 Thread *The North Remembers*(NO SPOILERS!!)

Jutt

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Boston
after the battle last week, i really don't see how its possible for team wildling to ever get across the wall and do damage. i mean they can get a few people here n there over, but the whole of the army is stuck on the north of the wall. unless i wasn't really paying attention, it seems the tunnel is the only formidable way to get a large amount of them through??? n jon already has the solution for that, which was to freeze it shut, but its too late for that now. no way in hell all them dudes is climbing, although i would love to see that scythe takin out large amounts of wildlings at once :whew: plus they're at a disadvantage being below the nights watch. thinkin about it more, im now realizing that their plan was probably to take over castle black and let the other side through. makes sense now
That makes the most sense.

The sheer number of wildlings is what has me :lupe: theres so many of em, and the nights watch took some casualties too.

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
  • By Garth FranklinWednesday June 11th 2014 03:37PM
thrones_article.jpg

Due to the sheer scale of the production with the massive cast and multiple units location filming in several countries, the producers of HBO's "Game of Thrones" have previously indicated that there simply isn't the time (or money) to do more than ten episodes a season - not without more cash and longer delays between airings.

On the eve of the show's fourth season finale, author George R. R. Martin has expressed a feeling quite a few fans have - that ten episodes feels a bit slight. He tells The New York Times:

"I wish we had more episodes. I'd love to have 13 episodes. With 13 episodes, we could include smaller scenes that we had to cut, scenes that make the story deeper and richer."

Martin however, who has background working on television, also understands the economics. "Battles are expensive" he says, and further episodes wouldn't necessarily improve the show - at ten episodes the series is forced to be incredibly lean and tightly paced.

Erik Killmonger

TRUE KING OF WAKANDA
Daps
:ohhh: I'm currently reading Book 1 & I wonder the same thing. Catelyn is straight-up abusive to Jon Snow and it looks like Sansa follows in her footsteps by looking down at Jon & only acknowledging him as her b*stard half-brother.

For the most part Robb, Arya, Bran, & RIckon acknowledge Jon Snow as their brother without using qualifiers like b*stard & half-brother.
I hate how she treated Jon especially when Jon was gonna say goodbye to Bran before he left to the nights watch smh

WaddupDoe!

Steez.
Daps
Reppin
ByrdGang.
  • By Garth FranklinWednesday June 11th 2014 03:37PM
thrones_article.jpg

Due to the sheer scale of the production with the massive cast and multiple units location filming in several countries, the producers of HBO's "Game of Thrones" have previously indicated that there simply isn't the time (or money) to do more than ten episodes a season - not without more cash and longer delays between airings.

On the eve of the show's fourth season finale, author George R. R. Martin has expressed a feeling quite a few fans have - that ten episodes feels a bit slight. He tells The New York Times:

"I wish we had more episodes. I'd love to have 13 episodes. With 13 episodes, we could include smaller scenes that we had to cut, scenes that make the story deeper and richer."

Martin however, who has background working on television, also understands the economics. "Battles are expensive" he says, and further episodes wouldn't necessarily improve the show - at ten episodes the series is forced to be incredibly lean and tightly paced.
just keep that shyt at 10. no need to cut that shyt & cheapen it. :manny:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
after the battle last week, i really don't see how its possible for team wildling to ever get across the wall and do damage. i mean they can get a few people here n there over, but the whole of the army is stuck on the north of the wall. unless i wasn't really paying attention, it seems the tunnel is the only formidable way to get a large amount of them through??? n jon already has the solution for that, which was to freeze it shut, but its too late for that now. no way in hell all them dudes is climbing, although i would love to see that scythe takin out large amounts of wildlings at once :whew: plus they're at a disadvantage being below the nights watch. thinkin about it more, im now realizing that their plan was probably to take over castle black and let the other side through. makes sense now
100k minus what the lost day 1 vs 102 minus the loss they took

i mean it's one gate.. ripped up by a giant and the inner gate with a big ass hole through it

the issue is, mance thinks they have 1k men there, which if he knew they actually have like 70-80 left, he'd just charge the gate with 100k men

theworldismine13

God Emperor of SOHH
Daps
Reppin
Arrakis
although its not said explicitly the two versions/discrepancies about what exactly happened between rhegear and lyanna is mentioned in the pre histories if you watch it closely (available now on youtube and on dvd)......just saying

TKOK

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sactown
:dahell: nikka, get to watching them LotR movies ASAP!!!:

:banderas: I needs the extended edition Trilogy on Blu-ray!

:camby:Don't try to talk him out of it. Everyone should watch the LotR movies at least once in their lives.
Had to replace my Two Towers dvd (dog ate my copy) with Blu Ray edition, shyt was :blessed: . Extra's were bad though.

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
:dahell: nikka, get to watching them LotR movies ASAP!!!:

:banderas: I needs the extended edition Trilogy on Blu-ray!

:camby:Don't try to talk him out of it. Everyone should watch the LotR movies at least once in their lives.

i actually watched the trilogy a couple years ago. i was cynical, but it was pretty good. viggo mortensen's character is pretty cool. so is the archer elf. i forgot their names, i think im gonna give it another watch.