Official Game of Thrones Season 4 Thread *The North Remembers*(NO SPOILERS!!)

Brofato

Fade Doe
Daps
Alls I know is, this guy had better get a major character upgrade:

JmyxaI5.gif

And @Bomberman
cs33qce.gif

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
YEA THIS IS RIDICULOUS. You nikkas really dikkride ANYTHING this show does. But let us discuss how the master of coin for tbis show should be hung and all his children flayed. 4 years of war and only like 3 battles.

100k vs 100 looks like 200 vs 40 :mjlol:

My nikka do you remember spartacus? they actually had nikkas thinking it was a real large scale war :whew:
y'all do realize that wasn't ever supposed to be 100k people right?? they only marched in with a select few of the army... tomorrow (whatever) they'll send more... then the next day... then the next day..

that's how old wars were fought.. they didn't just send 100k people at the door at once and fight for 36 hours straight

that was the whole basis for jon going out there.. cause he wanted to talk it out with mace instead of just sitting around for them to send in the second wave tomorrow

the black water battle should tell you exactly what happens when you send your entire army all at once.... one play and they wipe you all out at once

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Even after I've had time to put it all in perspective, I'll say this was the best battle scene I've seen. I've watched this thing about 6 times already.

The urgency, violence, attachment to characters, unpredictability, choreography, small tidbits and minute details put it over the top. Not to mention that one shot take thrown in there.

This was straight one battle for 45 minutes, there was no changing scenes to other story lines which makes it even more impressive. Even Two Towers would switch to Frodo's arc and the battle with the tree monsters from time to time. There was literally no break in the action here, just battle itself and what was specifically happening behind the scenes on the two sides.

Other than the main heavy hitters, Ygritte really made her presence felt in that battle. She was putting in work with that bow and arrow in close quarters. I want a gif of that scene where they were rushing the gates and it shows her hitting that guy with the flame arrow after it curved, slips an incoming arrow like a slick boxer, then returns fire and takes dude out...man.

Thorne killed it too. Dude got everyone's head into battle. When Grenn dropped that oil barrel: "I said nock and hold...you cunnts. Does nock mean draw?!?!"

Everyone: "No sir!"

Thorne: "Does fooking hold, mean fooking drop?!?!"

Everyone including Grenn emphatically: "No sir!"

He believed in that group of thieves and scoundrels 100% and held everyone to a high standard.
that's why i had to change my mind... no movie or show ever had at 45 minute straight battle scene

and one thing that i always wish i could do... is direct/write a film, that was 100% action... this was that exact idea.. you have talking and a plot.. but it's all centered around the action and the war...

TheDoc

Banned
Daps
that's why i had to change my mind... no movie or show ever had at 45 minute straight battle scene

and one thing that i always wish i could do... is direct/write a film, that was 100% action... this was that exact idea.. you have talking and a plot.. but it's all centered around the action and the war...

Raid Redemption? :patrice:

They spent like 5 minutes introducing the characters and the situation, and then 95 minutes of non-stop action.

W.I.Z.E.

Wise poster
Daps
Reppin
Bronx
Man yall some brand new acting cats.

Let's not forget some GREAT historic fighting/action scenes.

1.) End of Star Wars
2.) Heat (standoff in the street)
3.) A few LOTR fights
4.) Neo vs. Agent Smith
5.) Superman II (when Superman fought the villains)

Look, the cinematography and directing was fantastic for this episode. BUT to say it was the best action/fight scene EVER?????

:stopit:

Czerka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i dont know, the battles dont really do anything for me in this show :yeshrug: theres so much plot that needs to be told. found myself wondering what was going on with stannis or at kings landing. spent most of the episode browsing the internet

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
oberyn getting merked 2 weeks ago made this episode so much more intense...I think that was their intention. they knew everybody would still be fukkked up after that episode making us feel completely vulnerable to everything. shyt, my heart was pounding before the battle even begun. when jon was talking to sam I felt like any moment an arrow was gonna take his fukkin head off on some shocking shyt. these muthafukkers got full control of our emotions and they know it. so I can't disagree with people saying it was the best battle scene ever...this is how it's supposed to be. this is the first battle scene i've ever seen that legit had me on the verge of being scared and shyt. I was watchin the shyt like wtf....this isn't real....I should not be this nervous. my nerves didnt begin to settle down until I seen the wildlings fall back....then I was like :whew: :myman:......tryin to recuperate my swag levels after 50 minutes of straight up :lupe:

Last edited:

Piff Huxtable

Delaney 2020,2024,2028...
Daps
EDIT: And while I'm busy giving praise, gotta give props to the dude that played Styr of Thenn because his axe fighting was viscious and believable as well. I had him ready to slot onto my top 10 warriors list until Jon hit him with the Karl Tanner spit then Hammer Time
fukking legend :to:

gave Jon Snow a style to run with

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
Man yall some brand new acting cats.

Let's not forget some GREAT historic fighting/action scenes.

1.) End of Star Wars
2.) Heat (standoff in the street)
3.) A few LOTR fights
4.) Neo vs. Agent Smith
5.) Superman II (when Superman fought the villains)

Look, the cinematography and directing was fantastic for this episode. BUT to say it was the best action/fight scene EVER?????

:stopit:

Are you really trying to compare Hollywood blockbusters with budgets in the hundreds of millions of dollars to a single episode of a TV show? :beli:

The fact that they made the episode on par with a lot of those movies is AMAZING.

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm not talking about weight. Which is meaningless really because the outcome for both battles was determined in books years before either was filmed. I mean CGI, fight choreography....just the sheer spectacle of it. If you felt more emotionally connected to Jon Snow or Ygritte or whoever :yeshrug: I guess we have nothing more to discuss because we're not on the same page.

Regardless, like I said, let's revisit this a year....or hell, even a month from now. On the internet everything is the GOAT when it happens.

Fred.
I reallly don't think its a stretch whatsoever to say this was one of the all time great battle scenes

It was roughly 40 minutes straight of action, with amazing cinematography, good special effects, amazing kill shots, solid swordplay, emotional attachment to multiple characters, and a handful of great individual battles. Mixed in with some nice wildcards like the giants, mammoths, the giant ice claw, explosions, ghost da gawd, etc., etc.

It was a superb action episode/sequence.
GoT is just :whew:

young3000

Most wanted baby father
Daps
Reppin
where they cross-over and clap boards
Snow and the Dire came through on some live fast, die young type shyt :whoo:

When I saw them giants and the mammoth :lupe: I just knew Snow and Sam wasn't going to make it. I was already prepared for them to get taken out, especially with all the personal conversation they were having with one another.

I thought Sam was going to get Ollie killed....telling him to fight. The kid is like 10 years old :why: but he had that one shot kill :obama::salute:

I hope them dudes make it to next season....Jon going out there on a suicide mission :damn: