Official Game of Thrones Season 4 Thread *The North Remembers*(NO SPOILERS!!)

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
:damn: I just got done reading the Book-to-screen breakdown of the latest episode, GOD DAMN they changed-up a bunch of shyt from the books!!! They even killed off a couple characters that been around since Season 1/Book 1 & are still alive in the books.

:lupe: What'll ya'll think would've have happened if Ygritte had lived & had been taken prisoner like Tormund? I think Jon & her would atleast had break-up/reunion sex.

Last edited:

FrederickDouglas

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Man yall some brand new acting cats.

Let's not forget some GREAT historic fighting/action scenes.

1.) End of Star Wars
2.) Heat (standoff in the street)
3.) A few LOTR fights
4.) Neo vs. Agent Smith
5.) Superman II (when Superman fought the villains)

Look, the cinematography and directing was fantastic for this episode. BUT to say it was the best action/fight scene EVER?????

:stopit:

With the exception of LOTR, none of those fights have a similar scale.

Star Wars was starships flying around and getting blasted, wash, rinse, repeat, for a few minutes until Luke blew up the Death Star. Tons of sci-fi have done similar with better special effects. The thing that makes Star Wars special is the context.

People want to take this battle scene out of its context, but the fact is the context is what makes the greatest battle scenes all great. If you were to throw the same highly esteemed battle scenes in an extremely shytty movie, they would be forgotten (see Star Wars prequels).

Plus when I say battle scenes, I mean armies in combat. A battle scene can feature one-on-one scenes, but they take place inside a larger battle.

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
these last 2 episodes, I hope the season finale leaves us something to talk about 'til next April
:banderas:

Interview Posted Today With The Show Producers said:
Fans of fantasy drama Game of Thrones can expect the best season finale ever next week, with showrunners promising the “finest hour” of the series so far.

David Benioff and Dan Weiss are sure that
“The Children”
will surpass viewers’ high expectations when it airs next Monday as the tenth episode of an acclaimed fourth series.

“It’s the best finale we’ve ever done, bar none,” the pair said in a statement. “The performances from our cast, the direction from Alex Graves, the VFX work, the new cues from Ramin Djawadi – all of it came together in perhaps the finest hour we’ve produced.”

Benioff and Weiss added that they are so “immensely proud” of the finale that there are concerns no future episode will better it.

“We’re a little intimidated by the episode because now we have to get back to the business of season five and figure out a way to top it,” they continued.

Hype level infinity

Last edited:

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

@Adam3000
Man... if they're on point about this... :blessed:

this has been such an amazing season, a great season finale could make this the GOAT season of TV for me

Arianne Martell

"Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken"
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
House Martell #SnakeGang #Targset
Man yall some brand new acting cats.

Let's not forget some GREAT historic fighting/action scenes.

1.) End of Star Wars
2.) Heat (standoff in the street)
3.) A few LOTR fights
4.) Neo vs. Agent Smith
5.) Superman II (when Superman fought the villains)

Look, the cinematography and directing was fantastic for this episode. BUT to say it was the best action/fight scene EVER?????

:stopit:

:mindblown::mindblown::mindblown::mindblown::mindblown::mindblown::mindblown:

Avg. episode in GoT is 6M...60-80M per season and you get avg. about 7.5M for 8 hours VS a 100+M movie for 2 hours of entertainment...

my math may be off...but :shaq2: you need more people b.

Arianne Martell

"Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken"
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
House Martell #SnakeGang #Targset
:damn: I just got done reading the Book-to-screen breakdown of the latest episode, GOD DAMN they changed-up a bunch of shyt from the books!!! They even killed off a couple characters that been around since Season 1/Book 1 & are still alive in the books.

:lupe: What'll ya'll think would've have happened if Ygritte had lived & had been taken prisoner like Tormund? I think Jon & her would atleast had break-up/reunion sex.

Nah she is good dead.

Daps
Hype level infinity

With the way Season 4 has lived up to the hype thus far (and there was a LOT of grandiose predictions on how dope season 4 would be from both book readers and the show creators, actors, and media, etc.) I'm buying into this hype. Can't wait until Sunday. :whew:

Season 1 is my favorite finale, Dany standing with those dragons was epic.

W.I.Z.E.

Wise poster
Daps
Reppin
Bronx
Are you really trying to compare Hollywood blockbusters with budgets in the hundreds of millions of dollars to a single episode of a TV show? :beli:

The fact that they made the episode on par with a lot of those movies is AMAZING.

Preferably, I wouldn't. The ONLY reason I made the comparison is people came in here saying it was the best action scene EVER....EVER. :dwillhuh: I mean think about that for a second.

With the exception of LOTR, none of those fights have a similar scale.

Star Wars was starships flying around and getting blasted, wash, rinse, repeat, for a few minutes until Luke blew up the Death Star. Tons of sci-fi have done similar with better special effects. The thing that makes Star Wars special is the context.

People want to take this battle scene out of its context, but the fact is the context is what makes the greatest battle scenes all great. If you were to throw the same highly esteemed battle scenes in an extremely shytty movie, they would be forgotten (see Star Wars prequels).

Plus when I say battle scenes, I mean armies in combat. A battle scene can feature one-on-one scenes, but they take place inside a larger battle.

You obviously have underestimated the directing, creativity and artsmanship of the Star Wars fighting scenes.
http://brooklynvisualeffects.wordpress.com/2012/10/25/the-effects-of-star-wars/

http://voices.yahoo.com/groundbreaking-movie-special-effects-463755.html

"Star Wars manages to still captivate and wow modern day generations with its battle scenes and intelligent use of special effects, and have helped make this series one of the targets for modern day visual artists who hope to recreate Lucas’ space opera classic." http://listverse.com/2012/03/18/top-10-films-with-the-best-special-effects/

:smugfavre:
:mindblown::mindblown::mindblown::mindblown::mindblown::mindblown::mindblown:

Avg. episode in GoT is 6M...60-80M per season and you get avg. about 7.5M for 8 hours VS a 100+M movie for 2 hours of entertainment...

my math may be off...but :shaq2: you need more people b.

Again, my point is to help people avoid the recency error, whereby they think the most recent thing they saw, experienced is the greatest. By doing so, it fails to recognize all the great work that paved the way for GoT. For example, GoT is influenced by things like LOTR.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
10252020_1507908806095523_3919804814619617675_n.jpg

pQmA4Vo.jpg

sWCPt34.png

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
good to see my boy jon snow get his shine on.

#targset been awfully quiet this season :lolbron: