Official Game of Thrones Season 4 Thread *The North Remembers*(NO SPOILERS!!)

FrederickDouglas

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lord of the rings is up there. You're being a prisoner of the moment. :ufdup:

The battle scenes in LOTR are great, make no mistake.

But they're limited by the fact that it's mainly unkillable heroes facing a bunch of monsters.

The battle of Helm's Deep was epic, but I think the most dramatic parts were some elf's death, Theoden's speech, and Gandalf to the rescue.

Minas Tirith was also good and definitely utilized more CGI, but IMO, neither one is seeing the battle in this episode.

Daps
Dope episode. Better than Blackwater.

I don't really watch for the battles so neither are probably top 5 for me. I watch more for the scheming and shyt. Dope episode tho.

Y'all already touched on most things, but damn the Thenns and them went out like bytches. They're supposed to be such bad asses yet got defeated by a rag tag group of crows?

I don't know what happens with Mance, but I think Jon needs to broker a peace. They need to unite and face their common enemy: the White Walkers. I can't believe killing Mance would make the 100,000 men standing just beyond the wall stop trying to get south. They may be less organized, there may be plenty of infighting, but they should still, easily overrun the remaining crows at Castle Black.

Jax

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#Targset,#Heatgang,#Byrdgang
Dope episode. Better than Blackwater.

I don't really watch for the battles so neither are probably top 5 for me. I watch more for the scheming and shyt. Dope episode tho.

Y'all already touched on most things, but damn the Thenns and them went out like bytches. They're supposed to be such bad asses yet got defeated by a rag tag group of crows?

I don't know what happens with Mance, but I think Jon needs to broker a peace. They need to unite and face their common enemy: the White Walkers. I can't believe killing Mance would make the 100,000 men standing just beyond the wall stop trying to get south. They may be less organized, there may be plenty of infighting, but they should still, easily overrun the remaining crows at Castle Black.
:usure:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
A few things....

1. Anybody complaining about this ep, :camby:

2. Having said that, :mjlol:at people talking about this is the greatest battle ever shown in cinema. Jesus Christ....talk about getting caught up in the moment. It's one extreme or the other....the ep was just ok or it was the GOAT shyt ever. It was a great ep, maybe even the best battle shown on TV. But all time? :camby:

3. Jon Snow is a Stark, there is no #SnowSet, by that logic Ramsey and Jon would be on the same team. Prior to Ramsey being named a Bolton, obviously. I understand The Night's Watch wants to claim him, especially after this ep....and that's fine, but he's also a Stark.

Fred.

FrederickDouglas

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Don't compare that trash to Game of Thrones. :camby:

:whoa: No need to disrespect the classics, breh. This shyt wouldn't even have been made without Tolkien's influence.

:mjlol:at people talking about this is the greatest battle ever shown in cinema. Jesus Christ....talk about getting caught up in the moment. It's one extreme or the other....the ep was just ok or it was the GOAT shyt ever. It was a great ep, maybe even the best battle shown on TV. But all time? :camby:

:usure: Name a better one.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
A few things....

1. Anybody complaining about this ep, :camby:

2. Having said that, :mjlol:at people talking about this is the greatest battle ever shown in cinema. Jesus Christ....talk about getting caught up in the moment. It's one extreme or the other....the ep was just ok or it was the GOAT shyt ever. It was a great ep, maybe even the best battle shown on TV. But all time? :camby:

3. Jon Snow is a Stark, there is no #SnowSet, by that logic Ramsey and Jon would be on the same team. Prior to Ramsey being named a Bolton, obviously. I understand The Night's Watch wants to claim him, especially after this ep....and that's fine, but he's also a Stark.

Fred.
1. agreed

2... what the fukk... i mean EVER in tv and movies.. i mean granted we can't say too many shows or movies have 45 minute straight battle scene...... well... damn i think i just changed my mind

these fools might be right.. now when you say better all around and ignore time... there's a million action movies, kung fu movies, fantasies, army/military/war movies, future movies......... that all have legendary scenes

but you couldn't name any that went on for a good 40-45 minutes straight with no cuts to other plots, or breaks to get to another battle, etc

3. so is the maester targ set? can we claim the head dude too.. he fought for the targs? they renounce all claims and titles.. i think that should mean something when coming down to what set they claim

4.... fukk y'all nikkas.... yea i said it... WILLY nikka WILLY :yeshrug:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
:whoa: No need to disrespect the classics, breh. This shyt wouldn't even have been made without Tolkien's influence.

:usure: Name a better one.
Other people already have, that's what makes it so ridiculous. Better than "LOTR"? :mjlol:

And for the record I'd take "GoT" over "LOTR" any day of the week, but battle-wise? It's no contest. This shyt was impressive....very impressive on a TV budget. But it's a TV budget version of any of the battles from that trilogy.

This is The Booth equivalent of calling an album classic literally 10 minutes after the first time it's heard. Even the complaint of "well I prefer this, because you knew LOTR characters wasn't gonna die" doesn't make any sense. Both of these are based on books, you could know who was gonna die or not years in advance for both.

Fred.

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
3. so is the maester targ set? can we claim the head dude too.. he fought for the targs? they renounce all claims and titles.. i think that should mean something when coming down to what set they claim

There aint no rules to this shyt but as far as I'm concerned Maester Aemon is #TargSet too if you want him :yeshrug:

You don't lose your family name for choosing a life of servitude. His name aint stricken from public record :yeshrug:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
1. agreed

2... what the fukk... i mean EVER in tv and movies.. i mean granted we can't say too many shows or movies have 45 minute straight battle scene...... well... damn i think i just changed my mind

these fools might be right.. now when you say better all around and ignore time... there's a million action movies, kung fu movies, fantasies, army/military/war movies, future movies......... that all have legendary scenes

but you couldn't name any that went on for a good 40-45 minutes straight with no cuts to other plots, or breaks to get to another battle, etc

4.... fukk y'all nikkas.... yea i said it... WILLY nikka WILLY :yeshrug:

3. If he claims it, then yes. He'd be #TargSet and The Night's Watch.

But he doesn't seem to claim it. The difference is Jon Snow damn near broke his vows when he heard Ned died, and actively wonders where the rest of his family is. Plus he has a dire wolf.

Fred.