OFFICIAL Game of Holmes Season 8 Thread - A Dream of Flat Tops 4/14/19

voltronblack

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
None of that was handled well though.
She has been disrespected a million times before. She also had a pretty extended chunk of time between her dragon and Missandei being killed and the moment when she was sitting on top of that building in King's Landing seeing that she just easily scored the W but decideing to just say "fukk it" and burn everything down.

The moment when Dany decided to burn it all down came across as unearned because it made zero sense. What was the inciting incident that made her decide to murder an entire city in that moment? She had easily won the weak ass battle. Cersei had given up. The soldiers had surrendered and the people were cowering at her feet. So what in that instant tipped her over the edge? Because it wasn't shown to us.

Dany could have just as easily flown up to the Red Keep and burned it to the ground with Cersei in it instead of indiscriminately killing all the white trash of KL. That would have been seen as "mad" by the standards of this show and that would have made sense within the confines of what we had seen on the screen up to that point.

That bowl cut having bytch killed Dany's dragon and her best friend so Dany deciding that Cersei doesn't get to surrender would have been a believable moment (that satisfied viewers since it would have been a more fitting end for Cersei than what we got) and would have still allowed the show to do the "Mad Queen" story. Tyrion would turn on her. Jon would turn on her. Jaime would want her dead. Everyone would be justifiably angry that she ignored the ringing of the bells and she would have to explain her behavior. But now we have an artificial villain in Dany set up to do battle with Jon Snow and the rest of The Starks and the whole thing just feels hollow.
Yeah I dont have any problems with dany going mad if it had been madness born out righteous vengeance were she was :pacspit: at the surrender bell because she want it cersei to get a taste of dragon fire no matter how many innocent get caught in the cross fire that would have make alot more sense.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
How does that imply they survived the remaining 1hr and 15 minutes of that bloodbath?:what:

How does that dispute the writers saying they wiped out?:what:

I don't watch anything about the writers, I watch the show. It is stated very clearly that some survived and then it's shown that some survived and you are still questioning it. :mjlol:

Daps
But there was no way she could have burned anyone without innocent lives being lost. She wasn’t seeking out innocent people she was burning the entire city. Y’all make it like she was looking for them specially

But at the same time I hear all of y’all points and I still think it made sense based on her character.

C'mon breh, compare how she acted prior to the bells to after. She coulda just went and took out the Red Keep. Sure some innocents would've died. Nobody would be shaming her for that. She was blowing up blocks miles from the castle for no reason at all. Her armies were marching through the city essentially unopposed up to that point. She was unnecessarily killing innocents.

Burned Verses

Superstar
Daps
zlt9cby72xx21.jpg

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
I still can’t believe ol girl burned down all of Kings Landing :mjlol:
You know what's truly fukked up about this whole thing?

Bronn ain't getting his damn castle.

Lannisters always pay their debts my ass.
Tyrion prolly would if he wasn’t being fed to a dragon after that crazy bih finds out Jaime escaped

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
It wasn't comparable to what Dany did to innocent people this past episode.

Dany's burnt people many times over the past eight seasons, she's catching shyt for burning innocents not just for the act of burning.
The gif that was being tossed around and that the person I responded to was responding to listed all of the people Dany killed over 8 seasons as if all of them were proof of her being crazy.
Since the season started dudes in here have been bringing up that old witch and the Tarlys etc. and talking about the act of setting people on fire made Dany a nut.
The shyt she did last night was bonkers but her torching people the way she has over the past 8 seasons wasn't nuttier than making people pie like Arya did.

southern.girl

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Starkset
I'll give you this. Sansa has been the only female ruler they've done justice to. But one can argue, this is so, only because the only person/ppl she's killed are little finger and Ramsey. The other female characters got crapped on constantly for doing things that other male rulers in their position would do. Well...Dany in particular.

I really can’t even agree with that statement b/c besides Ned being a complete dumba$$ in KL, it could be argued that he (and Jon) were the only good kings in the show.

Elle Seven

Superstar
Daps
At this point I need that troll cliff hanger ending.:yeshrug:
Need CrossBronn to appear as a post credits scene: WHERE IS MY CASTLE LADS!?!
I hope they dont resolve anything,but just leave a million plot threads hanging for twitter to rage over.:mjlit:

That is the ending the show and viewers deserve.
Sansa/Jon in the Norf, Dany/Grey Worm/Tyrion down south. Beef between both sides.
The Games never stop being played. The wheels keep turning.

EDIT: Jamie Lannister's arc went the full 360 degrees. Dude said ''nothing else matters'' :mjlol::snoop: Guy didnt grow at all. He went up North cuz he was just bored prolly or jealous of Euron.:lolbron:

:laff:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I could be reaching but I took her approach to just say fukk it as her being fed up with humanity in general and also letying everyone know if anyone else has plans to take me out, this what could happen. Keep i mind that word is spreading that she does not have rightful claim to the throne. She's broken bad to the point where she feels diplomacy is a waste and people only truly valye respect. Given all the failures that have resulted in her taking diplomatic measures she's taken, its not impossible to conjure up why she would want to send a message
The problem with that is that it requires the viewer to write the motivation themselves instead of the show giving us a clear depiction.
Maybe what you say will be borne out next week but considering the amount of hand waving The Double Ds have done this season I am not very hopeful.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
*Jon Snow season 8 recap*

"We must prepare to fight the night king"...for a night

"She's mah queen"...has to tell the truth followed by "but I don't want it (the throne)"

*Fights literally everyone and everything that absolutely doesn't matter*

Targset, yall think yall having problems accepting how they assassinated Dany's character, well they gave starkset/snowgang an absolute shyt version of Jon. At least yall nikkas have had a real fukking storyline :damn: