OFFICIAL Game of Holmes Season 8 Thread - A Dream of Flat Tops 4/14/19

fact

Fukk you thought it was?
Daps
Reppin
How you gonna ROFL with a hollow back?
If you think about it, just as an example of D&D not coming to conclusions based on the source material they had to work with, Barriston Selmy might as well never have been introduced in the show. His whole arc was to not only finally serve a “just” ruler, but he also told her stories of the Targ madness, and warned her about not becoming a monster.

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
One going from sane to insane or mad as you put it is contributed to a delusion slowly breaking the mind and one's reality before succumbing to psychosis. Which to be honest.. It's a lengthy arch that is generally slow.

Danny was always been about burning the city down before it was feasibly plausible from her psychological profile. For all this to honestly logically work, Danny would have to pull a Jamie by saying that all she really cared about is obtaining power from the very beginning. She is inherently evil rather than going mad. It didn't plant the seeds well and frankly... It was just sloppy, because developing the Mad Queen Arch properly would of been fantastic.

She could of easily been the Mad Queen without committing mass genocide and destroying the city. It was lazy overkill. Writers are just trying to bounce. So, it is not that serious. Just soo much wasted opportunity.

I don’t think she has gone full on mad queen. Part of it was justified and the other part was just her being emotional. Next week will decide how mad she is. If they have her beheading people or burning people like Tyrion and Jon or whoever then she will be mad

Foxmulder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Long Island,NY
Why are people asking about the Dothraki being back? They were never completely finished. There were at least a dozen who ran back after the wights fukked them up so obviously there was still some alive and this was shown at the feast also that there were still some left.

Also, people expecting the Dothraki and Unsullied to not kill everything in sight? :gucci:
:what:After episode 3 the writers said the Dothraki were wiped out as people.

Czerka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If you think about it, just as an example of D&D not coming to conclusions based on the source material they had to work with, Barriston Selmy might as well never have been introduced in the show. His whole arc was to not only finally serve a “just” ruler, but he also told her stories of the Targ madness, and warned her about not becoming a monster.
That's kind of the point though. Without him there (and others like jorah) she has nobody holding her back.

YaThreadTrashB!

Superstar
Daps
eeoh54ctdwx21.jpg

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
It wasn't comparable to what Dany did to innocent people this past episode.

Dany's burnt people many times over the past eight seasons, she's catching shyt for burning innocents not just for the act of burning.
But there was no way she could have burned anyone without innocent lives being lost. She wasn’t seeking out innocent people she was burning the entire city. Y’all make it like she was looking for them specially

But at the same time I hear all of y’all points and I still think it made sense based on her character.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I kinda disagree. I mean shyt had gone so well for her and she had staked so much and gained so much respect that she became entitled and arrogant and didnt know how to handle not being respected and having her two dragons and best friend killed. I think the show is just tryna say humanity aint and anyone can be corrupted
None of that was handled well though.
She has been disrespected a million times before. She also had a pretty extended chunk of time between her dragon and Missandei being killed and the moment when she was sitting on top of that building in King's Landing seeing that she just easily scored the W but decideing to just say "fukk it" and burn everything down.

The moment when Dany decided to burn it all down came across as unearned because it made zero sense. What was the inciting incident that made her decide to murder an entire city in that moment? She had easily won the weak ass battle. Cersei had given up. The soldiers had surrendered and the people were cowering at her feet. So what in that instant tipped her over the edge? Because it wasn't shown to us.

Dany could have just as easily flown up to the Red Keep and burned it to the ground with Cersei in it instead of indiscriminately killing all the white trash of KL. That would have been seen as "mad" by the standards of this show and that would have made sense within the confines of what we had seen on the screen up to that point.

That bowl cut having bytch killed Dany's dragon and her best friend so Dany deciding that Cersei doesn't get to surrender would have been a believable moment (that satisfied viewers since it would have been a more fitting end for Cersei than what we got) and would have still allowed the show to do the "Mad Queen" story. Tyrion would turn on her. Jon would turn on her. Jaime would want her dead. Everyone would be justifiably angry that she ignored the ringing of the bells and she would have to explain her behavior. But now we have an artificial villain in Dany set up to do battle with Jon Snow and the rest of The Starks and the whole thing just feels hollow.