OFFICIAL Game of Holmes Season 8 Thread - A Dream of Flat Tops 4/14/19

fact

Fukk you thought it was?
Daps
Reppin
How you gonna ROFL with a hollow back?
You're the second person to say Arya turned around because she was scared. I don't understand where people are getting this from. I thought it was clear that she changed her mind because she didn't want to be a vengeful spiteful shythead like the hound was. It's an old Hollywood trope but I thought it was clear
If you remember back though, to season 1, Neddard told Bran, there is no brave without fear! Not saying Arya is running around like a coward, but bravery without fear is just being a fukking crazy psycho, and I think they are humanizing Arya again after she has been running around the last few seasons acting like the emotionless assassin.

Duke_Droese

All Star
Daps
Great moment was when the mountain threw cersei and qyburn (literally) in the bushes.

the cersei actress pulled off the vulnerability in there.

Even though it's been rushed, I think it could have been better if some of the pivotal characters like sansa and dany had better acting. Cersei didn't have much to work with this season but the actress came with the hot fire.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
If it was that easy to take down Kings landing. She should’ve did that as soon as she got to dragonstone :francis: all three dragons would still be alive

That was her plan. Which is what Tyrion and Varys was trying to avoid for the past 3 seasons. They saw it coming. Varys was trying to same the kingdom by any means, Tyrion was trrying to get her to rule properly.

Daps
Varys telling Jon was actually the dumbest thing in the episode. In what world would Varys do that? Unless he had a death wish he would never walk up to Jon and basically tell him to commit treason.

Yea, I think it was @Ziggiy who was complaining about how openly Varys was discussing treason with Tyrion, the hand of the fukking queen. I didn't have a problem with that given how close they were, but he was right. Varys was moving like a bonafide idiot. He didn't know Jon like that, directly discussing treason with him as soon as he got off the boat was completely out of character for a guy who survived decades executing plans in th shadows that undermined the regimes he was serving.

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
I cant front, this one fan theory had me thinking the iron bank was gonna have the Golden company betray Cercei and side with the Danaerys. Turns out they didnt need to. Dany took them all out with just a couple of strokes.

This was a rather interesting theory i saw before the season's start. I didnt know that the writers were gonna go into "fukk it" mode and just write a crappy script to end the series on time. The crimes committed by the writers this season....

3 - 6 million in dept according to LittleFinger. Tens of millions of debt according to Tyrion. Could have made a good plot

Meta Reign

I walk the streets like, ''say something, n!gga!''
Daps
Reppin
Franklin ave.
They should have had the mountain AND the hound crack Cersei neck and then throw off the edge before fighting.

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
The little girl Arya tried saving was holding a white horse

My cynicism tends to make me think shyt like this is more accidental than intentional. (i.e. Tyrion speaking about Cersei's pregnancy in front of Euron)

Could the Pale horse be a way of showing Arya died in the fire?:yeshrug:

:dahell:

:mjlol:

You really think they're gonna kill Arya off screen after ALL OF THAT. :mjlol: nah breh she's alive and well.

Stop_It_5

Veteran
Daps
The first four seasons are still peak television. Last season was just as bad this season but the conversation about the show was mostly positive. There’s a lot of piling on going on because it’s the cool thing to do. The writing has suffered but I see some of the complaints and I wonder if people are just made that the fate of the favorite character isn’t what they hoped it would be.
First 4 seasons are great but for my money season 6 contains the GOAT episode. That finale is perfect from start to finish and connects the story beautifully.

Season 7 & 8 are D&D having to fanfic their way to the finish and the ball was dropped unfortunately.

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
I think that's the point though. Is the fact that she DID have victory and couldn't keel her cool. She was triggered breh. All her day ones is gone.

ALSO

Let's remember that Dany's liberation of Slavers' Bay went about as well as it could go. She ruled in Mereen and people STILL revolted. Hell it cost Barristan his life and almost killed Grey Worm too. Dany ISN'T A GOOD RULER, she's a conqueror. That has been built up since season 2-3.

He actions AREN'T justified that's what makes them crazy. Again, I'm not saying the episode was godbody. I KNEW this season would be rushed. But I also know that the ground work for all of this had been laid. And Dany's heel turn wasn't all that illogical at all. She's spent the entire show trying to "get back to Westeros" and she been over there for all of a couple months and Westeros and it's taken EVERYTHING from her. 2 dragons (which are basically like children to her), a "boyfriend", a best friend, a Dothraki horde, the new dikk, two advisers...

In her mind she's like "fukk Westeros".
They rushed the "everything she lost" role via silly plotlines and bad millitary decisions just so she could go mad. That's cheap. What made the dragons and all of her might more succeptable to failure in Westeros than what she experienced in Essos? Was it the giant crossbows that she forgot about when "Forgot about the iron fleet"? <---As the producers pointed out.

Instead of getting a personal kill shot on Cersei and the Lannister army, she burns every man, woman, and child, when her whole character arc has been based on being the "Merciful" Conqueror? The same missa missa who chained up her dragons under the mere ssuspicion that it killed a man's child. Westeros took alot from her for sure, but most of it was via bad decisions and her taking heed to leadership that failed her. You could say most of her L's took place in The North if you wanna go that route. Yet half of those folks she listened to, are still alive, while every man, woman, and child who she had no interpersonal beef with, got fried. That's forcing the Mad Queen arc without killing any beloved character's(Ahem!! The Starks!! Tyrion!!)

But even if her heel happening this quickly is justifiable, why didn't she sack KL literally right after they sliced Missandeis head off? How much time did they really need to sack kings landing if their intent was to make it a slaughterfest anyways? They literally supressed the madness for one more epsiode, even though there were no more developing details between last Sunday and this Sunday that would/should/could pushed her to madness this week. They literally had her sit and listen to Tyrion's council this episode just to be like "screw it". You pointed out how she lost everything, but why does she then decide to go mad once she secured a Victory? She finally has her first military victory pretty much since last season when they roasted Tarly/Lannister army.

Why not kill Tyrion right there and then if she already lost her wits and made the decision to burn KL the night they executed Varys? Why keep Tyrion around to keep fumbling the ball and keep getting chance after chance? Why not just end his arc there and then? Kill Tyrion to add intrigue to Sansas plotline towards the end. Hell why not kill Arya to add even more juicyness?

They could at least let her sit the iron throne first to show the differences in ruling, heraldry, tradition, etc, etc, between Essos and Westeros. They didn't even showcase how Westeros and KL would deal with the return of a Targaryen monarch to the throne. Why have her burn hundreds of years of Targaryen lineage to the ground, even though her whole arc was at least partly based on knowing "Who she was" lineage-wise.. I mean, I guess you can say she broke the wheel, but c'mon.

We all knew she was eventually going to have a heel, but to do it im such a unnecessarily rushed, forced and brutal way was cheap.

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
- clegane bowl was wtf...

- randomly following arya, unless she's now directing her vengence toward dany, another sort of "why", we knew you're not going to kill her

- they played too hard on the "i love my kids/save my baby" angle for cersei, it doesn't work, she's a c*nt who very much deserved to die, wish it would've been a worse death

- as i said last, week, jamie is the biggest simp in this series...

- tyrion :francis:

- grey worm put in work :banderas:

- the random fight with euron was superfluous as well, we coulda seen him die on the boat and called it a day, not like he killed jamie nor that jamie's injuries prevented the final outcome of them being trapped under the keep

- kinda weird for that episode to finally happen and i feel nothing, again, this rushed storytelling just makes so many of these big arcs and events feel like they're less than, i guess it was cool to see the city burn, but i don't feel like i got anything from that visually that i didn't get from seeing people burn in the loot train episode

overall :ld:

When Dora turns, you know D&D (Dumb and Dumber) really fukked up.

Osmosis

Superstar
Daps
The worst part about this season is all of the gratuitous bullshyt that serves no purpose but to diminish the quality of the show. The whole Bronn killing Jaime and Tyrion storyline, Jaime sleeping with Brienne (should have just had her knighting as the culmination of their story imo), Varys telling Jon to commit treason, Jaime saying he never cared about innocent people, Euron surviving dragon fire so he could have a pointless fight with Jaime. Omit these scenes and the season is better off for it. They served no purpose at all.