OFFICIAL Game of Holmes Season 8 Thread - A Dream of Flat Tops 4/14/19

Eddy Gordo

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I must of missed the episode of her killing a million innocent people in mereen , whats the episode ?
Stop juelzing
...you dont see how that contradicts her character development for 7 seasons? To replace decade old houses who have no beef with her, with only people loyal to her? Makes her a tyrant
Here's what you said.
She literally did this in mereen:mjlol:
Here's what I said.

Where's the lie?:comeon:

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
remember the juelzing about the importance of the golden company? :russ:

youtube theorists went in about them.
These nikkas scammed the fukk outta Cersei. Talking about they 20k deep with 2000 horses....

They showed up raggedy as fukk with 500 dudes, 1 horse and conveniently couldn’t bring their elephants.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Arya didnt turn around cause she got scared

The hound gave her option life or death and she chose life

Just cause shes a “cold hearted assassin” doesnt mean she wants to die, I dont know why people are associating assasin with 100% death of her self?

The hound notices the king dom is falling, something neither of them predicted. Hes telling her if you go further on this journey, you will die. You dont need to die. Who you are looking to kill (cersei) is probably dead or will die soon anyway. If you leave now, you can still live.

This is on top of the other dialogue of basically saying dont be me, be better than me

This wasnt even a complicated scene to understand not sure why the complaints. One of the better scenes of the season and more like original game of thrones dialogue

Daps
Jaime didn't do it?

Must have been the soldiers themselves throwing in the towel. If it was someone important they would have had it on camera.

Once Jamie couldn't get in the Red Keep, I thought he was gonna go ring the bell, but nah he didn't. He went to find that boat Tyrion told him about so he could sneak in the way he was supposed to sneak out.

The civilians did...which makes what Dany did even more reprehensible.

The civilians doing it makes Dany's decision a bit more defensible imo. The ringing bells didn’t actually mean what Tyrion was claiming they meant. Cersei wasn't surrendering. It was the last bit of bad advice from him and Dany finally smarten'd up and stopped heeding his bad advice.

Why she didn't just go straight to the Red Keep, I dunno tho :francis:

TKOK

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sactown
I didn't...how the hell were we supposed to deduce that?:pachaha:

I guess it fits tho. She worked in the kitchens. But this is yet another storyline ruined by their insistence in rushing the ending. They just showed Varys writing letters, to whom? Who knows.
I would have been down for a whole episode of Varys trying to find different ways for Dany to have a "accident"

Duke_Droese

All Star
Daps
When she landed on dragonstone her first plan of action was to BURN THE CITY.

Tyrion had to talk her out of it.

She not mad. She being pragmatic. She doesn't have any friends in westeros. So she's gonna have to rely on fear to solidify her rule. Not to mention fighting amoral people like cersie with your own morals intact and you wind up like ned.

how it should have ended: dany turns up at KL with 3 dragons on her first day in Westeros and burns the Red Keep.

but tyrion caused millions of deaths by
full

now tyrion will blame it on dany going mad lol.

fact

Fukk you thought it was?
Daps
Reppin
How you gonna ROFL with a hollow back?
There are other Lannisters. There is a whole city called Lannisport.

That baby would have the sword skills if a God. lol
I know, I read all the books, I’m just freestyling, I was talking to my wife about it last night and we just were theorizing last night based on the shows and ignoring the books, and then my wife said “listen, we are doing all this, and trying to figure out this, but there is only 1 episode last night and they aren’t gonna go into all that shyt” lol, ruined my whole fukking night. GRRM better get fukking going!! I did see Barriston Selmy on some Russian con panel, and he said that GRRM has 6 AND 7 finished but made a deal with D&D he wouldn’t release them until after the season ended, take it with a grain of salt, but wouldn’t that be fukking awesome?

Osmosis

Superstar
Daps
There’s a scene in every season of someone talking Dany down from burning a city to the ground :mjlol:

She’s always been a narcissist with a god complex and white savior mentality that was utterly obsessed with power. Not only did she have to contend with Cersei but her whole justification for taking the throne, her birthright, is now being challenged by someone that was more beloved in that country. She was able to rule in Essos through love and because they loved her she loved them. There’s no love for her in Westeros, not even from her own advisors. Dany’s turn was always going to be the outcome.

If you’re upset about how she turned then I completely agree that the writing has been shoddy but it seems like a lot of people are upset that she did turn which doesn’t make much sense to me.

Last edited:

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Stop juelzing

Here's what you said.
Here's what I said.

Where's the lie?:comeon:
Mereen is not a house retard, its a capital, like Kings Landing.. I said houses

He was referring to your complaint about taking over houses with people loyal to her. But you knew that.
mereen is not a house :damn: its a capital like Kings Landing :damn:

And she didnt replace it with a new house loyal to her, mereen is still under her name :damn: its under Targaryn :damn:

LurkMoar

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is what i'm saying here. Notice how in the first pic they are still trying to determine if it's the dragon because it looked like a bird.

nmWDvA0.png

By the time shot they realize it's the dragon and they shoot their first shot and Danaerys dodges it. We've seen her dodge smaller arrows before when she took out the Lannisters and the Tully army.

AFTER the first shot is missed that's when you see the guy below says "TURN IT" while they try to reload the projectile.

yuyXYVK.png

As Euron is once again struggling to find where she's hiding she comes down again from the cloud and takes out the first couple of ships

w2S7uKH.png

V6SdWpo.png

Again you see and hear them saying "turn it around"

Then as she headed to the walls she flew low as if to bait the Lannisters on the wall to shoot bad shots low and all she had to do is come up and dodge them all in one move. Once you miss it takes time to reload and then point the damn thing towards your MOVING target while you are stationary.

Again, doggy i know it's fantasy and Danaerys was meant to win but it aint too farfetched. The farfetched thing is that the dragon had that much fire to tear down an entire city os brick homes :pachaha:

So why she ain’t do all this last episode breh?:pachaha:

Because the plot demanded one of her dragons to die :pachaha:

Same reason euron somehow got the jump on flying animals with sight lines for miles :pachaha:

Same reason euron and hundreds of scorpions were useless this episode :pachaha:

This is fan fiction not fantasy:pachaha:, nothing means anything and there are no consequences to anything. Things happen because the writers say so:pachaha:

Fukk it at this point :pachaha:

Osmosis

Superstar
Daps
I didn't...how the hell were we supposed to deduce that?:pachaha:

I guess it fits tho. She worked in the kitchens. But this is yet another storyline ruined by their insistence in rushing the ending. They just showed Varys writing letters, to whom? Who knows.
Varys telling Jon was actually the dumbest thing in the episode. In what world would Varys do that? Unless he had a death wish he would never walk up to Jon and basically tell him to commit treason.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
The first four seasons are still peak television. Last season was just as bad this season but the conversation about the show was mostly positive. There’s a lot of piling on going on because it’s the cool thing to do. The writing has suffered but I see some of the complaints and I wonder if people are just made that the fate of the favorite character isn’t what they hoped it would be.
I’m going to tell you that I’m not mad that Daenerys went crazy. We saw signs of it in the past but it could all be explained. The problem with how she went crazy is that there is no explanation for it. And it was forced.

The beauty of those first four seasons is that you were surprised by stuff. Things happened and it made you reconsider how you watched TV. The Danerys heel turn was some how predictable because they kept hitting us on the head with it yet some how conventional Tv. That was awful to watch.

I still maintain if they made her crazy last season yet she falls for Jon and they all realize they need her to save humanity, that woulda been a great season.

And then giving Cersei and Jamie that romantic send off. That was awful tv, culminating with Arya’s horse magically appearing unscathed to get her out.